What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

DeeGan

Bench
Disappointed in the Gold Coast crowd tbh - I couldn't get there as I am in NSW for now so I won't be too hypocritical :lol: This was our last game before the bye, a game that was vital to win. I thought we go close to another sell out.

ride the tiger

Juniors
BuffaloRules said:
8,000 less at the CC than for the Tigers v Melb game??

Very easy to understand i would have thought.

One game had two of the best teams to watch playing & the other,......well..... if u've got nothing good to say, then dont say anything at all.

I only listened to last nights game, but from the commentators point of view the CC people got it exactly right.

Eelectrica

Referee
DeeGan said:
Disappointed in the Gold Coast crowd tbh - I couldn't get there as I am in NSW for now so I won't be too hypocritical :lol: This was our last game before the bye, a game that was vital to win. I thought we go close to another sell out.

I was expecting a lower than usual turnout, but I would have thought maybe more in the 15000 range. I know in the area I sit that a few other season ticket holders weren't there.

Maybe the overcast conditions scared a few people. It ain't no fun in the rain. although, that said, some undercover stands also weren't packed either.

I notice the Titans next two home games are against Newcastle and the Warriors. Those teams usually draw well, so I'd expect the Titans crowd figures to back to 17000+ and this will be an anomoly.

Brycey

Juniors
As a semi-Titans fan I think I speak for myself and a lot of others who I've spoken to on the GC when I say, I'll wait til next year thanks.

I've been to a few games at Carrara, absolute sh*thole of a ground with a horrible view. Most people who have gone to the ground for a 'taste test' have basically said to me through my daily interactions that they'll wait it out til next year.

Bring on Robina!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What a pathetic reason to stay away... "I don't like the ground" :roll:

Support your team!

Brycey

Juniors
You ever been in general admission to Carrara. How can I support a team when I have NFI idea whats going on unless the team is 10m from the goalline.

Carrara is an absolute sh*thole, its a waste of money to get it in GA. So Dodger STFU, Ive probably been to more NRL games than you have in your lifetime.

Ice777

Bench
I thought it was a great crowd at Olympic Park on Saturday night considering in the 10 games before the Storm and the Rabbits have played they've only once managed to crack 10,000 people with the average being 7,831 :sarcasm:

All things considered i was pretty happy with over 11,000.

Timmah

Staff member
Brycey - fans such as Melbourne have been putting up with substandard facilities at places such as Olympic Park and (like myself) Dogs fans at the Showground until 2005. It's just part and parcel of the package unfortunately, something I personally deal with as a fan.

As for your assertion you've probably gone to more matches in your lifetime... depends how old you are, but I'd be close to saying that's a load of bullsh*t.

Brycey

Juniors
Dodger we can't all share your obsessive cumpulsive behaviour over rugby league, people have other things to do.

I do support my rugby league though, but I expect something in return for my dollar.

You can excuse this consumer for wanting a view of the game he paid for.

Dodger I suggest one of 2 things to you...either get a GF, or if you have one, give her more attention.

Timmah

Staff member
Don't see how I'm any different - I'm a Bulldogs fan, and a fan of any RL played at Bluetongue.

But you keep digging into personal attacks :thumb - it's a good look when trying to win an argument :sarcasm:

Hindyscrack

Bench
I'll chuck my two cents in about Carrara

I've been to all the Titans games this season bar the 1st round game as I was in Melbourne. Only sat in the stands for the eels game ($40 for an adult) and stood in the outher for the rest of the games. The eastern stand is an ok view, but at $40 per game its a bit too much to pay each week for me.

A GA ticket costs $25! The view in GA is THE WORST of all grounds in the NRL. Being in the southern end yesterday I was watching the big screen for most of the game (even that is hard to see from the southern end).

I'll continue going to the games (titans are now my adopted second team), but still feel the GA ticket is far too expensive for what you get. However, the 13,500 that were there is still the second best crowd for the round and they were playing the Raiders who seemed to have little support compared to other teams the Titans have played. The numbers will be back up for the Knights, and the titans will finish the season with a 20k season average. I think the criticism should be directed at other clubs.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Dodger said:
Don't see how I'm any different - I'm a Bulldogs fan, and a fan of any RL played at Bluetongue.

What's the go with blue tongue? For an area that is supposedly screaming for a team, they should be packing the place out every time there's a game played.

Timmah

Staff member
As echoed previously, very disappointing regarding the attendance this weekend - someone mentioned the quality of teams running around and IMO it was the worst promoted of the three so far - but the prior two games reaching 18,500 and 19,100.

It's confusing an disappointing, but let me leave you with no doubt the Central Coast wants a team.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Dodger said:
As echoed previously, very disappointing regarding the attendance this weekend - someone mentioned the quality of teams running around and IMO it was the worst promoted of the three so far - .

Can you give us some more detail about what promotion was lacking compared to the other two games??

Do you know who foots the bill for the promotion for the individual games??

Do the operators of the stadium pay a fee to attract these games?? If so then I would wonder why they would promote one game more than another...:?

Coaster

Bench
2pm Sunday was a dreadfull time for Gold Coast fans.

I didnt get home untill 4 am Sunday morning, i had no chance of making it

Raider Azz

Bench
Hindyscrack said:
I'll chuck my two cents in about Carrara

I've been to all the Titans games this season bar the 1st round game as I was in Melbourne. Only sat in the stands for the eels game ($40 for an adult) and stood in the outher for the rest of the games. The eastern stand is an ok view, but at $40 per game its a bit too much to pay each week for me.

A GA ticket costs $25! The view in GA is THE WORST of all grounds in the NRL. Being in the southern end yesterday I was watching the big screen for most of the game (even that is hard to see from the southern end).

I'll continue going to the games (titans are now my adopted second team), but still feel the GA ticket is far too expensive for what you get. However, the 13,500 that were there is still the second best crowd for the round and they were playing the Raiders who seemed to have little support compared to other teams the Titans have played. The numbers will be back up for the Knights, and the titans will finish the season with a 20k season average. I think the criticism should be directed at other clubs.
bullsh*t, from the TV you could see more raiders fans than titans fans in the crowd almost, and plenty of people i spoke to who went to the match said the same thing. piss poor excuse.