What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

ByRd

First Grade
that season average is on the decline and it doesnt look like getting any better

Kurt Angle

First Grade
It always goes down around SOO time and then picks up later on.

If we have the Broncos, Titans, Knights, Souths and Tigers in the hunt for finals berths by years end, we will kill the previous crowd figures.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
It always goes down around SOO time and then picks up later on.

If we have the Broncos, Titans, Knights, Souths and Tigers in the hunt for finals berths by years end, we will kill the previous crowd figures.

brendothejet

First Grade
sydney teams in the hunt will see crowds up. towards the end of the year everyone dusts off their jersey in sydney...

Dodger said:
*bump*

1k @ Telstra?

Does anyone know the smallest-ever crowd at a game has been in the ARL/NRL era?

This would have to be up there (or down there)... Not that I blame anyone for not going (horrendous weather in Sydney town today) but this would have to rival the smallest I've ever seen.

I remember some very small crowds when the Tigers were playing out of Parramatta Stadium (?) and there were a couple around the 2 - 3k mark at Carrara in the Chargers era...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's been asked. A couple of figures in the 2k bracket back in 1997, one in each "code"

Dodger said:
It's been asked. A couple of figures in the 2k bracket back in 1997, one in each "code"

Ah yes... the Hunter Mariners would have been responsible for one of them surely - they used to pack out Topper Stadium...

Timbo

Staff member

It's sad when figures are inflated and that's still all we can get.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think it was inflated.

In all our predictions we're missing all the Corporate boxes we can't see.

Brutus

Referee
5,000 in an 82,000 seat stadium is always going to look sparse as it was tonight.

I don't know why people think the crowd figure was fudged. There looked about 77,000 spare seats to me and that's exactly what a 5k crowd at Telstra is going to give you. Whether it's 500 or 5k, it's going to look like nobody was there in such a big stadium.