What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
curious said:
2pm Sunday was a dreadfull time for Gold Coast fans.

I didnt get home untill 4 am Sunday morning, i had no chance of making it

I'd imagine the Gold Coast has more interest in the family demographic than it does the trashbag demographic Curious...

Hindyscrack

Bench
curious said:
2pm Sunday was a dreadfull time for Gold Coast fans.

I didnt get home untill 4 am Sunday morning, i had no chance of making it

:lol:

Yeah i got stuck down in Broadbeach until nearly 6am...

Hindyscrack

Bench
Raider Azz said:
bullsh*t, from the TV you could see more raiders fans than titans fans in the crowd almost, and plenty of people i spoke to who went to the match said the same thing. piss poor excuse.

Apart from the 50 on the hill... I'm not making excuses for the Titans.

I was at the game yesterday, with a raiders fan. He was very isolated, his comments about the raiders play and brad meyers getting belted every hit up had those around him having a good laugh

Brycey

Juniors
Dodger said:
Don't see how I'm any different - I'm a Bulldogs fan, and a fan of any RL played at Bluetongue.

But you keep digging into personal attacks :thumb - it's a good look when trying to win an argument :sarcasm:
What argument? It ain't an argument when many people keep saying it, face it...you have no life. Once you succumb to that fact you can move on with your life.

As for not going to Carrara, I stand by my decision. Its not worth going to when you barely see any of the action.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BuffaloRules said:
Can you give us some more detail about what promotion was lacking compared to the other two games??

Do you know who foots the bill for the promotion for the individual games??

Do the operators of the stadium pay a fee to attract these games?? If so then I would wonder why they would promote one game more than another...:?

I heard plenty on the radio and in the local print media about the first two games, my organisation even gave it a plug on a couple of radio shows also, but this time that didn't seem to be forthcoming.

Last I was aware it was mostly the responsibility of the clubs to handle promotion and develop the relationship with the local media outlets. Of the management between Souths, Wests and Easts... it's clear to see who failed.

Timmah

Staff member
Brycey said:
What argument? It ain't an argument when many people keep saying it, face it...you have no life. Once you succumb to that fact you can move on with your life.

As for not going to Carrara, I stand by my decision. Its not worth going to when you barely see any of the action.

You were being told what for and you resorted to having a shot at me instead of the point I was making - move on champ.

Deadset though - what a sook... if you refuse to attend the remaining what, six or seven games? If you're going to stand your ground, don't come in here and whinge about crowds anywhere. I hate the Sydney Showground, it's an appalling RL venue just like Carrara but if my team is playing there, that's where I'll be.

It's not rocket science, it's 5 or 6 more times and then it's over. What's the big deal?

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh, it looks heaps good on tv and the game was delayed by a bit to let some people get through before kickoff.

Timmah

Staff member
Round 12 - June 1-4
Dragons/Broncos OKI JUB 10,302
Panthers/Eagles CUA PEN 11,325
Roosters/Knights GOSFORD 11,263
Storm/Rabbitohs OLYMPIC 11,121
Cowboys/Sharks D F S 20,075
Titans/Raiders CARRARA 13,644
Warriors/Bulldogs MT SMART 10,041
Tigers/Eels TELSTRA 22,245