What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Dragons Team

Ryan

Juniors
From a Manly supporters view:-

01. Ben Hornby
02. Wes Naquama
03. Luke Macdouggall
04. Matt Cooper
05. Brett Morris
06. Mark Gasnier
07. Matthew Head
08. Jason Ryles
09. Dean Young
10. Michael Henderson
11. Ben Creagh
12. Ashton Simms
13. Justin Poore

14. Simon Woolford
15. Danny Wicks
16. Lee Te Marri (but I used to be a Bears fan hehehehe)
17. Matthew Bickerstaff (if re-signed)

I can't believe the wealth of talent you guys have !!! I mean, I had to leave out Daryl Millard & Reece Simmonds for goodness sakes !!!

My bench is probably off a bit, but I couldn't find another Prop for the 16. spot...anyone?

By the way - as usual - you'll end up top 4.

Godz Illa

Coach
lol You're on fire dude. Henderson, Te Maari, Bickerstaff, Millard and Simmonds are all with other clubs next year. And Justin Poore lock wtf? I hope your top 4 tip is a lil more accurate.

Collateral

Coach
1. Luke MacDougall
2. Josh Morris
3. Wes Niaqama
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris

6. Mark Gasnier
7. Ben Hornby

8. Jason Ryles
9. Simon Woolford
10. Justin Poore

11. Ben Creagh
12. Ashton Simms
13. Dean Young

14. Tony Caine
15. Danny Wicks
16. Dan Hunt
17. Sam Isemonger

Something like that anyway.

Biglance

Bench
I think due to injuries and players recovering from off season surgery the round one make up will be similar to this:
Morris
MacDougall
gasnier
cooper
wes
Hornby(c)
Head
sims
woolford
peek
isemonger
payne
creagh

price
houston
Wicks
caine

st.george4life

Juniors
1 B.HORNBY
2 B.ORRIS
3 W.NAQAIMA
4 M.COOPER
5 L.MACDOUGALL
6 M.GASNIER
7 M.HEAD
13 D.YOUNG
12 B.CREAGH
11 A.SIMS
10 J.RYLES
9 S.WOOLFORD
8 J.POORE
14. C.HOUSTON
15. D.WICKS
16. C.PAYNE
17.B.SCOTT
#Poore will be suspended for a few weeks
#Young may not be available for a while as well

Fuddy

Juniors
st.george4life said:
1 B.HORNBY
2 B.ORRIS
3 W.NAQAIMA
4 M.COOPER
5 L.MACDOUGALL
6 M.GASNIER
7 M.HEAD
13 D.YOUNG
12 B.CREAGH
11 A.SIMS
10 J.RYLES
9 S.WOOLFORD
8 J.POORE
14. C.HOUSTON
15. D.WICKS
16. C.PAYNE
17.B.SCOTT
#Poore will be suspended for a few weeks
#Young may not be available for a while as well

That B Orris is a find :lol:

Sammy Isemonger did nothing wrong last year (and was a bit unlucky to be the bloke left out towards the end) - he'd have to start ahead of Beau Scott who may improve under the Dragons structure and influence but has some serious handling and performance issues at this stage.

Simon

Juniors
for Rnd 1

1. B Morris
2. L MacDougall
3. W Naiqama (B Scott if Wes gets the boot)
4. M Cooper
5. J Morris
6. M Gasnier
7. B Hornby
8. A Peek
9. S Woolford
10. J Ryles
11. A Sims
12. B Creagh
13. C Payne

14. C Leano
15. S Isemonger
16. D Wicks
17. R Chase

Unavailable:
M Head (injured), J Poore (suspended), D Young (injured), T Caine (injured)

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Collateral said:
1. Luke MacDougall
2. Josh Morris
3. Wes Niaqama
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris

6. Mark Gasnier
7. Ben Hornby

8. Jason Ryles
9. Simon Woolford
10. Justin Poore

11. Ben Creagh
12. Ashton Simms
13. Dean Young

14. Tony Caine
15. Danny Wicks
16. Dan Hunt
17. Sam Isemonger

Something like that anyway.

Brett Morris
Wes Naiqama If not in Long bay / Josh Morris
Mark Gasnier
Matt Cooper
Luke Mcdougall
Richard Williams
Ben Hornby

Dean Young if available after injury / Beau Scott
Ben Creagh
Ashton Sims
Justin Poore
Simon Woolford
Jason Ryles

----------------------
Corey Payne
Danny Wicks
Sam Isenmonger
Tony Caine
Charlie Leano
Lagi Setu
James Jimenez

Slackboy72

Coach
I've been watching some 2006 games recently and I find myself anxious enough to get in here and put my thoughts forward.

For me this will be our likely starting 13 with players in bold being shoe-ins for their positions.

01. Ben Hornby

02. Wes Naqiama
03. Josh Morris
04. Matt Cooper
05. Brett Morris

06. Mark Gasnier
07. Matthew Head

08. Jason Ryles
09. Simon Woolford
10. Ashton Sims
11. Ben Creagh
12. Danny Wicks
13. Dean Young

I see a lot of chopping and changing for Browny this year. We have problems with 5/8, hooker, prop and lock. We have two fullbacks, three wingers, two centres, one halfback, two hookers and a ton of green forward units.

Key questions for me are:
1. Can Gasnier perform at 5/8?;
2. Can Woolford make an impact with his running so as to keep Dean Young at lock with his (in my opinion) superior kicking and passing game?;
3. Where the hell should you play Ben Hornby? If the Gasnier experiment doesn't work does he become our 5/8?;
4. How do you replace Bull?; and
5. How much talent do we have warming the friggin' bench?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Posts from the old server that were mislaid during the recent data transfer:

Mong said:
I dont want to see Gaz at 5/8... Be a complete waste of time.

Father Ted said:
Originally Posted by Slackboy72
I've been watching some 2006 games recently and I find myself anxious enough to get in here and put my thoughts forward.

For me this will be our likely starting 13 with players in bold being shoe-ins for their positions.

01. Ben Hornby

02. Wes Naqiama
03. Josh Morris
04. Matt Cooper
05. Brett Morris

06. Mark Gasnier
07. Matthew Head

08. Jason Ryles
09. Simon Woolford
10. Ashton Sims
11. Ben Creagh
12. Danny Wicks
13. Dean Young

I see a lot of chopping and changing for Browny this year. We have problems with 5/8, hooker, prop and lock. We have two fullbacks, three wingers, two centres, one halfback, two hookers and a ton of green forward units.

Key questions for me are:
1. Can Gasnier perform at 5/8?;
2. Can Woolford make an impact with his running so as to keep Dean Young at lock with his (in my opinion) superior kicking and passing game?;
3. Where the hell should you play Ben Hornby? If the Gasnier experiment doesn't work does he become our 5/8?;
4. How do you replace Bull?; and
5. How much talent do we have warming the friggin' bench?
1 Florence Nightingale
2 Paulini Nodriver
3 Matt The new Face Cooper
4 Reg's Nephew Mobile phone Toey
5 the twin
6 Ben replaced at fullback Hornby
7 Dickie knee
8 I'm a " senior now " Make me captain Ryles
9 I'm at least younger than Fatherted and preacher Woolford
10 why me Wicks
11 Creagh me a river Rexxy
12 Ashton circus
13 Dean bionic man Young

14 Corey crash dummy
15 Dickie knees brother Caine
16 I am the Hunter
17 SMS Me Thommo
[]

Coach Captain Scarlett
Front office Rorkes Drift .

The Mack said:
I reckon:

1. Luke MacDougall
2. Wes Naiqama
3. Matt Cooper
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Brett Morris
6. Ben Hornby
7. Matthew Head
8. Justin Poore
9. Simon Woolford
10. Jason Ryles
11. Sam Isemonger
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

14. Tony Caine
15. Corey Payne
16. Danny Wicks
17. Ashton Sims

Southernsaint

Staff member
Young & Head were definite scratching for the start of the season, I thought.

In any case, given his track record I wouldn’t count on Heady to be in the top XIII for any more that 50% of the year…

I am looking forward to seeing how Woolford goes….

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Germ goes too.

Latest I heard was Heady to be ready about round 4, but we've all heard that old chestnut a few times over the years. The sooner the better though, as I think a Gaz/Head combo could be absolute dynamite.

thommo4pm

Coach
I'm very surprised by the lack of people picking big Charlie.
Is he not going to be right for Round 1? I haven't heard anything to that effect.

My team for Round 1, assuming no Poore, Head, Young(hope he is right though, we missed him badly in the Prelim Final).

B Morris
McDougal
Wes
Coops
J Morris
Gasnier
Hornby

Ryles
Woolford
Wicks
Creagh
Sims
Payne

Charlie - to interchange with Wicks
Houston - to interchange with Ryles
Setu - Give him his chance in Round 1 and he won't look back
Rangi Chase - interested to see how he fares, considering we chased him pretty hard.

Isemonger 18th man
Hunt 19th man.

That starting 13 without Young, Poore and Head is still good enough to beat any side in the NRL.

dragondad

First Grade
lol at your signature thommo ;) I think it should now read...

2007 Year of the Dragon....It is our time!!!!! You can't stop us this year Clark.

;)

Collateral

Coach
I think Poore is playing round 1. His suspension includes trial games I think so he should be right.

Dragooner

Bench
1.Hornby
2.McDougall
3.Naiqama
4.Cooper
5.B Morris
6.Gasnier
7.Head
8.Poore
9.Woolford
10.Ryles
11.Creagh
12.Sims
13.Young

This is not my side for round one!! It's more a whole season side. In the first couple of rounds Head won't be available, Poore might not, Niqama could be tottally gone and Young won't be available either so there'd be a bit of a reshuffle.

1.B Morris
2.McDougall
3.J Morris
4.Cooper
5.Naiqama
6.Gasnier
7.Hornby
8.Sims
9.Woolford
10.Ryles
11.Creagh
12.Payne
13.Scott

gunnamatta bay

Referee
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/h...lem-for-dragons/2007/01/13/1168105227821.html

Hornby ready, but Head start poses a problem for Dragons
•
•
Adrian Proszenko
January 14, 2007
ST GEORGE Illawarra playmaker Mathew Head's chances of regaining the No.7 jersey next season have suffered a double blow after he was rated unlikely to be fit for the start of the season following teammate Ben Hornby's permanent shift into the halves.
Head, who had surgery on his troublesome right knee in October, was hopeful of recovering in time for the Dragons' opening clash against the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium.
Although he has achieved his main rehabilitation goal of running last week for the first time since surgery, Dragons medical staff aren't expecting Head to be available until round five of the season.
"We're not expecting Heady to be fit [for round one], the doctors are talking about mid-April before he is 100 per cent right to go," coach Nathan Brown said.
"He's set a target of getting back earlier and if that's achieved, that would be great.
"That's good, because he's putting himself under some pressure."
Another challenge for Head, whose knee injuries restricted him to 11 first-grade appearances last season, is Brown's decision to shift Hornby from his customary position of fullback into the halves on a full-time basis.
Such was Hornby's success filling in at halfback during Head's injury-enforced absence, the utility played a Test for the Kangaroos in the position during the Tri-Nations last year.
"I see Hornby more as a halfback/five-eighth than a fullback," Brown said. "Benny will start the season at halfback and Heady will come back at some stage.
"We know Benny is going to be fit for the start of the year and has played mostly halfback for the club in the past two years because of Heady's unfortunate injuries.
"That challenge is another reason for Heady to work hard.
"He will take a few games to get going and when he does reach full fitness and is playing really well, we've got a decision to make."
While Hornby is set to get first crack at teaming up with centre-cum-pivot Mark Gasnier in 2007, Head hasn't ruled out coming back in time to mount a late challenge for the halfback spot for the season opener against the Titans.
"It's a goal I've set myself," Head said. "I know what my body is like and I know what I need to do to get back, so I'm hopeful for round one.
"Everything's going according to plan, but there's a lot more work to do."
The 24-year-old said it would be difficult to unseat Hornby, but the challenge provided him with extra motivation during his rehabilitation.
"It's something I spoke to Browny about and I feel I play and train my best when I'm up against competition," he said.
"Benny is a great player and he's gone good at halfback for us, so it's a tough challenge for me but one I hope to get over.
"But I need to get my knee right first, and then worry about the footy."
Head said he was virtually playing on one leg during the latter half of 2006 but was confident he wouldn't be hampered by further knee problems after a successful operation.
"At times it was one of those things that was very frustrating and miserable," he said of his lack of mobility last year.
"Once I got out on the field I tried to not think about the knee and I think the results showed I had a little bit of trouble there. I'm hopeful that's all behind me now."
Source: The Sun-Herald

Godz Illa

Coach
It takes tenacity and mental toughness come back from those knee injuries time and again, and to play on one leg. What I'm trying to say is: Matt Head has quite a head on his shoulders.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Herald said:
knee injuries restricted him to 11 first-grade appearances last season,
14 actually, but little comfort.

Debuting for Saints in 2003, Head got his chance for a regular first grade spot after half back Brett Firman suffered a broken leg in early 2004. Head took over and made such an impact that Firman was granted a release in mid-2004.

A star performer for the Dragons in 2004, Head played 23 NRL games and was the club’s leading first grade point scorer in a season which saw him soon become a crowd favourite.

Winner of 2004 Integral Energy Dragons Medal (club’s first grade “player of the year” award), Head was again set for standout year in 2005 before suffering a season-ending knee injury in round 14.

Injury concerns continued to hamper Head's progress in 2006 with the playmaker appearing in just 14 first grade games.

Head is signed with the Dragons until 2008...

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=12635

Daza_06

Juniors
Everyone seems to have Sam Isemonger in their squad somewhere, i thought that he had left the club for the Raiders can anyone give me some info.