What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 First Grade Teams

Kiwi

First Grade
Rabbitohs2005 said:
I Would Like To Know, Other Teams 2007 Squads, so if you could post your predicted side, that would be much appreciated

Souths

1. David Peachey
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. Jeremy Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. Peter Cusack
9. Stuart Webb
10. Roy Asotasi
11. David Faalogo
12. David Kidwell
13. John Sutton

14. Beau Champion
15. Manase Manuokafoa
16. Dean Widders
17. Joe Galuvao

That isn't to bad a side. Very young halves and hooker, if they stick with them no matter what, they could develop over the next few years into a great combination. It is their weakness though, and is the main reason they wont make the 8 again next year.

Kiwi

First Grade
Why do people keep picking Bedrrigan over Ennis at hooker, Ennis is a far better nhooker, and when we had Ennis at hooker he was one of our best and we were winning.

Meanie

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Why do people keep picking Bedrrigan over Ennis at hooker, Ennis is a far better nhooker, and when we had Ennis at hooker he was one of our best and we were winning.

What do you think is happening with Berro at hooker now?

I like Berro's explosiveness, he's been a revelation there for mine. And I still haven't seen enough of Ennis to judge honestly.

RABK

Referee
parra_panther said:
1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Lewis
5. Rooney
6. Trindall
7. Gower
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Norrie
11. Puletua
12. Waterhouse
13. Rodney

14. Pritchard
15. Bell
16. Cross
17. Aiton

:LOL:

Panthers for the spoon.

Kiwi

First Grade
Meanie said:
What do you think is happening with Berro at hooker now?

I like Berro's explosiveness, he's been a revelation there for mine. And I still haven't seen enough of Ennis to judge honestly.

We've won 1 game with berro there in the last how many weeks? We were winning consistantly with Ennis at hooker.

Meanie

Juniors
Kiwi said:
We've won 1 game with berro there in the last how many weeks? We were winning consistantly with Ennis at hooker.

Didn't Ennis do his knee in round 5? At which point we were 2-2, one of those wins which was dodgy as all hell. I'm not saying Ennis isn't capable, I just haven't seen enough of the guy, and I've very impressed with how Berro's been going at 9. I think the position suits him perfectly.

yobbo84

First Grade
If I were to be picking the side...

1. David Peachey
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. Jeremy Smith
7. Joe Williams
8. Peter Cusack
9. Stuart Webb
10. Roy Asotasi
11. David Kidwell (c)
12. David Fa'alogo
13. John Sutton

Interchange:

14. Scott Geddes
15. Joe Galuvao
16. Luke Stuart
17. Dean Widders
18. Manase Manuokafoa
19. Beau Champion

(two to be omitted)

Parraren

Bench
That's easily the best side (on paper) the bunnies will be fielding in a very very long time.

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. John Williams
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Amos Roberts
6. Jamie Soward
7. Josh Lewis
8. Danny Nutley
9. Craig Wing
10. Nate Myles
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Anthony Tupou
13. Braith Anasta

14. David Shillington
15. Nigel Plum
16. Seitamata Sa
17. Chris Flannery

Desparately lacking a strike centre. Why on earth did we not try harder to retain Crossy? Apart from that there is hope for the future if the halves strike up a good combo.

Nutzcraw

Juniors
All those knights fans writing their teams... Polglase is a better fullback than Thaiday, Hinton, K Gidley, Seage.

My knights backline would be

01. Todd Polglase
02. Milton Thaiday
03. Adam MacDougall
04. George Carmont
05. Brad Tighe
06. Jarred Mullen
07. Andrew Johns

14. Kurt Gidley

Scott

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. John Williams
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Amos Roberts
6. Jamie Soward
7. Josh Lewis
8. Danny Nutley
9. Craig Wing
10. Nate Myles
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Anthony Tupou
13. Braith Anasta

14. David Shillington
15. Nigel Plum
16. Seitamata Sa
17. Chris Flannery

Desparately lacking a strike centre. Why on earth did we not try harder to retain Crossy? Apart from that there is hope for the future if the halves strike up a good combo.

Ashley Harrison?

petetheileet

First Grade
what i would love to see:

1. Luke MacDougall
2. Wes Naqaima
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Ben Hornby
7. Matt Head
8. Jason Ryles
9. George Ndaira (eventually...first part of year maybe coming off bench)
10. Justin Poore
11. Simon Woolford
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

14. Charlie Leanno (if he gets fitter)
15. Ashton Sims
16. Danny Wicks
17. Corey Payne/Lee Te Maari

yobbo84

First Grade
petetheileet said:
what i would love to see:

1. Luke MacDougall
2. Wes Naqaima
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Ben Hornby
7. Matt Head
8. Jason Ryles
9. George Ndaira (eventually...first part of year maybe coming off bench)
10. Justin Poore
11. Simon Woolford
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

14. Charlie Leanno (if he gets fitter)
15. Ashton Sims
16. Danny Wicks
17. Corey Payne/Lee Te Maari

1. Luke MacDougall isn't the best under the high ball... I wouldn't play him at FB.
2. George Ndaira has signed with the Roosters.
3. Simon Woolford 2nd row?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Scott said:
Ashley Harrison?

He'll be injured for the first month or so with his kness injury. He''lay off the bench at best for the first few weeks regaining match fitness.

petetheileet

First Grade
yobbo84 said:
1. Luke MacDougall isn't the best under the high ball... I wouldn't play him at FB.
2. George Ndaira has signed with the Roosters.
3. Simon Woolford 2nd row?

1.Neither is Greenshields...still a great FB though and wingers seem to take the weight of attacking bombs these days..
2. had no f**kn idea! lol that is a terrible shame...i was gna tip him to be one of the better rookies of nxt year but since hes gone to the c**ks that prob wont happen.
3. and yeah woolford named in the second row..brown has shown incredible patience in not having a comitted hooker with young and hornby floating around the play the ball along with woolford it should prove successful

ledzep

Bench
01. Minichiello
02. Roberts
03. Soliola
04. Perrett
05. Williams

06. Lewis
07. Soward

08. Nutley
09. Doyle
10. Shillington
11. Tupou
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Anasta

14. Ndaira
15. Harrison
16. Plum
17. Myles

That's assuming Wing leaves and hoping Doyle is re-signed

Big Mick

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
:lol:

Panthers for the spoon.

Your centres are going to be Todd Polglase and Paul Franze and you reckon we'll get the spoon?

Your coach is also sh*t.

Elliot has converted me to a big supporter this year when he took a pack of absolute nuff nuffs and turned them into a top 8 team...Brian Smith had a team of talented individuals and turned them into nuff nuffs...except Taylor turned them back to talented individuals....I wouldn't be so chuffed with the state of affairs of your team if I was you.

Also you don't know anything about young Michael Jennings...you soon will however...I wont say he'll be rookie of the year like someone said as I don't want to put pressure on the kid, but he is very very good.

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Michael Gordon
3. Luke Lewis
4. Michael Jennings
5. Luke Rooney
6. Craig Wing/ Craig Trindall (Was very impressed in his debut match...he is defensively sound and made some really smart decisions in wet weather football. Will be interesting to see how he goes on a dry track)
7. Craig Gower
8. Trent Waterhouse (I see him becoming a Steve Price style prop...hits the ball up hard, does the hard yards and is mobile)
9. Luke Priddis
10. Joel Clinton
11. Shane Rodney
12. Tony Puletua
13. Paul Aiton

14. Matthew Cross
15. Bryan Norrie/Matthew Bell
16. Frank Pritchard
17. Jarrod Sammut

Despite gaining noone it is just a better balanced team. It has speed to burn in the backs...smart halves and more mobility and speed in the forwards with the inclusion of Waterhouse at prop and Aiton replacing him at Lock. The bench is still strong with an infusion of impact and also youthful enthusiasm in Sammut who can play anywhere. Thats what i'd like but I don't think it'll happen that way.