What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Jersey Flegg Gains and Losses

Stagger eel

Staff member
from what I've heard from a good source.

* Sam Aiga is a very quick fullback with a big step.

* Francis Betham is a bit like Tony Parmatangi but apparently better, he's 27 years old although we can't confirm with his at our club or not.

girvie

Staff member
eelavation said:
Lee Cameron -- from Erina to the eels.

Big strapping winger in the John Williams mould who can score a few trys.
Do you mean Lee Cameron from Asquith.

He played Jersey Flegg for the Bears in 2005 but had a few injuries. Played 15 games and scored 5 tries. Played in the centres mainly.

He was in the Bears train-on squad for Premier League for 2006 but there were better players than him and he didn't make the squad.

He ended up playing on the wing for Asquith this year. In the Asquith games i saw i thought he played pretty well.

I don't know what his junior club was. Maybe someone can find out.

I am a bit surprised the Eels would sign him. He was a solid player but i think there are better players out there.

That is him in the middle:
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Photos/Premier%20League/R10%20V%20Souths/2005PLSOU1050-W.jpg

This is him in a trial from 2005 season. So he is a bit bigger now, but he is not overly big.
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/images/Match Photos/Trials - V Cessnock/2005L03 - 150.jpg
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/images/Match Photos/Trials - V Cessnock/2005L04 - 150.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
girvie said:
Do you mean Lee Cameron from Asquith.

He played Jersey Flegg for the Bears in 2005 but had a few injuries. Played 15 games and scored 5 tries. Played in the centres mainly.

He was in the Bears train-on squad for Premier League for 2006 but there were better players than him and he didn't make the squad.

He ended up playing on the wing for Asquith this year. In the Asquith games i saw i thought he played pretty well.

I am a bit surprised the Eels would sign him. He was a solid player but i think there are better players out there.

That is him in the middle:
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Photos/Premier%20League/R10%20V%20Souths/2005PLSOU1050-W.jpg

ok, you're probably right...I think there's a good reason why the person had mistaken Asquith with Erina ;-)

do you think he may of moved from Asquith to Erina mid season??

girvie

Staff member
eelavation said:
ok, you're probably right...I think there's a good reason why the person had mistaken Asquith with Erina ;-)

do you think he may of moved from Asquith to Erina mid season??
No i am pretty sure he played the full season at Asquith. Started off in A-Grade and then played Jim Beam Cup from Round 6 onwards.

girvie

Staff member
Just saw the thread in the Parra forum.

Mark Horo coached at Asquith but near the end of the season he was sacked and went to Erina. I guess he intended to bring Cameron to Erina next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
girvie said:
Just saw the thread in the Parra forum.

Mark Horo coached at Asquith but near the end of the season he was sacked and went to Erina. I guess he intended to bring Cameron to Erina next year.

yep, a frind of mine got the info from him, he probably got his Erina'a and Asquiths mixed up.

girvie

Staff member
j0rd0_ShArKs said:
you know of anybody being signed by the sharks?
I heard Chad Isles is training with us and is trialling for a contract
Just the 13 players listed in the 1st post.

Chad Isles is still a Flegg aged player next season. I don't know why he would leave Souths.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Big Mick © said:
That is a great signing for the Tigers picking up Mark Hendy.

He is a very talented young five-eight.

he's one of the great mysteries out our way by many supporters who just couldn't understand why he couldn't crack it for a spot in Flegg when he one of the best players in squad.

dumbfounded :?

good luck to him.

girvie

Staff member
These players are apparently all in the Bulldogs Premier League part time squad. A few of them are still young enough for Flegg next year and will probably play in Flegg mainly.

Jason Allwood
Nathan Armit
Chris Afamasaga
Jai Ayoub
Wanye Beh
Dainel Green
Jamie Clark
Stanley Tuionuku
Jeremy Gordon
Tom Kerr
Adnan Saleh
John Koborsi
David Tehuia
Karl McNichol
John Kite
Adam Fielder
Corey Vlaciky
Adam Brideson
Fred Briggs
Dylan Crawley
Charlie Farah
Jamie Judge
Chris Vaefaga
Brent Crisp
Garry Warburton
Ryan Millard
Frank Winterstein
Tim Winitana
Tamati Nathan
Tom Moon
Esikile Tonga
Luke Thompson

groggo

Juniors
girvie said:
Just the 13 players listed in the 1st post.

Chad Isles is still a Flegg aged player next season. I don't know why he would leave Souths.

better check again as he is already training with the sharks flegg squad

D

Deleted member 10972

girvie said:
These players are apparently all in the Bulldogs Premier League part time squad. A few of them are still young enough for Flegg next year and will probably play in Flegg mainly.

Jason Allwood
Nathan Armit
Chris Afamasaga
Jai Ayoub
Wanye Beh
Dainel Green
Jamie Clark
Stanley Tuionuku
Jeremy Gordon
Tom Kerr
Adnan Saleh
John Koborsi
David Tehuia
Karl McNichol
John Kite
Adam Fielder
Corey Vlaciky
Adam Brideson
Fred Briggs
Dylan Crawley
Charlie Farah
Jamie Judge
Chris Vaefaga
Brent Crisp
Garry Warburton
Ryan Millard
Frank Winterstein
Tim Winitana
Tamati Nathan
Tom Moon
Esikile Tonga
Luke Thompson

I heard Brideson was released?

girvie

Staff member
It looks like they re-signed Brideson. I think he was their Premier League player of the year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Corey Vlaciky? I was aware he signed to Wests? Someone has misinformed me, not happy Jan lol.

Also, looks like Roosters prop Allwood aka mini-Salvo is a Bulldog now. Bulldogs have signed our Flegg frontrowers.

Latest posts