What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Jersey Flegg Gains and Losses

Mighty Tiger

Bench
girvie said:
Marc Russell will be too old for the National Under-20s competition next year. So unless he is in Wests Tigers Top 25 players then he won't be playing in that competition.

Your talking about the season in 08? Next season he is 19

NikkiShark

Juniors
Girvie, updated the Sharks PL for you ;-)
girvie said:
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

Gains for 2007:

Fraser Anderson - from Brisbane/Toowoomba, Qld
Joven Clarke (Fullback/Wing) - from South Sydney
Dustin Cooper (Second Row) - from Newcastle
Isaac De Gois (Hooker), - from Western Suburbs
Michael Greenfield (Second Row/Prop) - from South Sydney
Josh Hannay - from North Queensland
Lee Hookey (Centre) - from Penrith
Mark Lennon (Fullback) - from Manly Warringah
Scott Porter - from Central Queensland
Brett Seymour - from Brisbane/Toowoomba, Qld
Chris Scanlan - from Ipswich, Qld
Paul Stephenson (Centre) - from Manly Warringah
Eddie Sua (Prop) - from North Sydney
Misi Taulapapa - from Central Queensland

Losses for 2007:
Russell Aitken (Halfback/Five-Eighth) - to Melbourne
Leon Bott (Wing) - to Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tony Caine (Hooker/Five-Eighth) – to St George Illawarra
Luke Harlen (Second Row/Prop) - to Wests Tigers
Matt Hilder (Five-Eighth/Lock) - to Gold Coast
Brett Kelly (Centre) - to Canberra
Jeremy Latimore (Prop) - to Parramatta
Tevita Latu (Hooker) – released (mid-season)
Rhys Lovegrove (Centre/Lock) - to St George Illawarra
Hutch Maiava (Prop) - to Hull FC, UK
Darren Mapp (Second Row) - released
Peewee Moke (Centre) - to Penrith
Beau Scott (Centre) – to St George Illawarra
James Stosic (Prop) - to Gold Coast
Nigel Vagana (Centre) - to South Sydney

Retained Players for 2007:
Darren Albert (Wing), Greg Bird (Lock), Mitch Brown (Wing), Cameron Ciraldo (Lock/Second Row), Brett Kearney (Five-Eighth), Phil Leuluai (Second Row), Ben Pomeroy (Second Row), Travis Robinson (Centre), Leonard Ropeta (Second Row/Lock), Jacob Selmes (Prop), Sitaleki Timani (Prop), Richard Villasanti (Prop), Dayne Weston (Second Row)

Unknown for 2007:
James Bannister, Jardine Bobongie (Five-Eighth/Lock/Wing), Ryan Borg (Halfback), Nick Doig (Hooker), Brett Finn (Hooker), Carl Fritz (Wing), Tom Kerr (Wing/Centre), Toshio Laiseni (Fullback), Clifford Manua (Prop), Tu'u Maori (Wing), Dane Nielson (Wing/Centre), Kurt Puohotaua (Lock/Centre), Reece Robinson (Halfback), Brodea Sanders.
I think Nick Doig might be going to the Dragons...

girvie

Staff member
I heard a rumour that Parramatta may have signed Matt Gruzka from Cabramatta. Anyone heard?

Also David Thompson from Penrith has been the first player signed by Chester Hill as they put a side in the Jim Beam Cup.

Spike

First Grade
girvie said:
I heard a rumour that Parramatta may have signed Matt Gruzka from Cabramatta. Anyone heard?

Also David Thompson from Penrith has been the first player signed by Chester Hill as they put a side in the Jim Beam Cup.

I heard about Gruzka going to the Eels. He played there as a junior didn't he? A couple of other Cabramatta players have got contracts with NRL teams next year as well. Willie Brown to the Roosters and Casey something is also going somewhere, my memory is shot to pieces but I'll try and find it :lol:

girvie

Staff member
Rhys Hanbury has signed with the Tigers. That will help them in the halves.

Sam Aiga has signed with Parramatta.

Spike

First Grade
Hanbury is a decent half but the problem he had at Souths was that Joe Williams was mostly playing halfback in Premier League and Scott Murray would shift him almost on a weekly basis to fill the void of players being called up for first grade. Was playing lock, 5/8, centre or at halfback at any given week. Hopefully the Tigers will use him more effectively. Could do worse than a Farlow/Hanbury halves combination. I can't stand Jono Rolfe

girvie

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Sam Aiga? Whats he like girvie? Position, size etc....
Samuel Aiga is fullback for Cabramatta. Could play fullback or wing in Premier League for Parramatta.

sam1mq8.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7518/sam1mq8.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
Has Francis Betham signed with the Eels as well girvie?

I know we are short on depth in the centres with Delaney, Williams and O'Dwyer all heading elsewhere.

girvie

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Has Francis Betham signed with the Eels as well girvie?

I know we are short on depth in the centres with Delaney, Williams and O'Dwyer all heading elsewhere.
I don't know about Betham. But i think the Eels have signed Matt Gruszka from Cabra and he can play centre or wing.

The Colonel

Immortal
Yeah I'm pretty certain that Matt is back at Parra. He was at Redcliffe for a few years after he came through our lower grades and then Cabra this year.

overtheline

Juniors
Wests Tigers have apparently signed Daniel Russell (ex Norths) Where does this leave him, He can play 1/2, 5/8. I am interested to see if he will play for the Tigers or Wests Magpies in P/L.

girvie

Staff member
overtheline said:
Wests Tigers have apparently signed Daniel Russell (ex Norths) Where does this leave him, He can play 1/2, 5/8. I am interested to see if he will play for the Tigers or Wests Magpies in P/L.
Daniel Russell will probably be five-eighth and Hanbury at halfback in Premier League.

overtheline

Juniors
I thought he might play in the Maggies. As their is still no word on the PL squad for the Magpies even though they have startd to train) can I take a guess for the halves. Nathan and Brendan Waters.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lee Cameron -- from Erina to the eels.

Big strapping winger in the John Williams mould who can score a few trys.