What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 RL: What pizzed you off?

nqboy

First Grade
parra-matters said:
The Channel 9 commentary team apart from Sterlo and Gus. The rest are boring and baised.
Point of Order Mr Speaker. Does this mean the honourable member believes that Gus is not biased?

nqboy

First Grade
The TV deal. Again. Or was that the year before?

Gallop the hand puppet being fisted again and again by the true powers that be (Nein and News). This raises the age old question: Is it better to die on your feet (resign with your integrity intact) or live on your knees (begging for scraps from your masters)?

Finch defending blatantly wrong refereeing decisions.

The Video Ref. It's such a good concept and so easy to get so many more decisions correct, so how do they keep f*cking it up, again and again and again?

Gee_Up

Juniors
nqboy said:
Point of Order Mr Speaker. Does this mean the honourable member believes that Gus is not biased?

Not at all.. :crazy:

He is the only commentator to talk about his club that isn't even playing in the match he is commentating on.. (FlexiCap Rorters)

I can't wait for him to tell me Braith Carey is the best NSW 5/8 ahead of Greg Bird and Finger Freddy is a Super Coach this season. :roll:

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
The way Brian Smith handled the clean-out at the Knights, it was utter bullsh*t and disgraceful.

And suffering a mountain of injuries once again.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Souths making the finals

Tigers capitulation leading up to the finals, it was just like watching innsaneink participating in an argument. Comes all guns ablazing looking the goods before being completely arse f**ked halfway through and then packing up and pissing off home 10 minutes before fulltime.

melon....

Coach
effnic said:
*cough* storm 06 *cough*
So what, same happened for your team in 06 big deal buddy, doesnt mean that storm werent a great team in 06 i can admit that, but your hatred for orford is blinding your geniused judgment.

BAM!!!! couldnt of said it better myself. I cant count the times i heard the words "Manly out in straight sets" :lol:
Difference is Storm didnt have the help of the ref in 07.

innsaneink

Referee
madunit said:
Souths making the finals

Tigers capitulation leading up to the finals, it was just like watching innsaneink participating in an argument. Comes all guns ablazing looking the goods before being completely arse f**ked halfway through and then packing up and pissing off home 10 minutes before fulltime.

Hit a nerve I see.

Knightmare

Coach
Big-Steve said:
A week after Norths being kicked out of the U20s the ARL (without talking to anyone) announcing in the national press that the U16s & U18s was also going national sending the NS district Parents and kicks into a panic and forcing Norths CEO to tell the kids & parents that he will fight to keep NS in the junior comp. This is singularly the most unprofessional and ill considered act in many a year the ARL lost me completely on this. I was so angry.

Monahan’s loss to Australian RL the most likable and consistent player for Manly since Owen Cunningham – Manly continue to amaze me.

The National U20s using red and black for their logo

The media calling Eddie Sua a ‘park footballer’ when he previously played PL with Norths and some junior rep before that

The revelation that the judiciary judges penalties based on the fact that a player is injured as apposed to attempting something and missing!

The NSWRL’s pathetic lack of promotion of the PL and the lack of updates on their website that almost damages the viability of the comp – PLEASE PLEASE improve your act this year!

Norths losing the GF in the last seconds of the match (mind you I had been excited and enthralled up to that point) we lost that match trough silly play.

The Manly fans that gave Norths fans sh*t after the loss (some of it approached Peter Peters level apparently). And the Bears fans not being able to give the same back when Manly went completely missing in their match because they were back at Norths Leagues Club.

After the lunacy of the Northern Eagles David Gallop being serious when he said the NRL would consider giving Manly $8 mil to relocate to the CC.

Annual rants

Ball stripping rule – should not be a rule at all – hold on to the ball you girls.

Good strong technically effective tackles that are penalised.

Ray Hadley and the continuous call team.

News still involved in the administration of RL.

Peter Peters on 2KY reverting back to his childhood whenever the Bears are mentioned i.e. acting like a schoolyard bully.

People who refuse to realise that there are levels of RL other than the NRL that are important to the viability of RL.

I am scratching my head trying to work out what reasons the NRL might have for holding a vendetta against Norths? Surely the idea of reinstating the Reds to 1st grade and letting Norths move permanently to Gosford like they want makes sense to them? Do they really hate Norths that much that they would rather see a League area in Sydney lose it's first grade representation so its' team can gobble up an $8 million carrott on the Central Coast?

If the Coast people didn't accept the Northern Eagles, I don't know what Gallop and co. are smoking if they think they'd ever support Manly?

Gee_Up

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Hit a nerve I see.

The Tigers had every FlexiCap Rorters fan cheering for them and Brisbane to knock South Sydney out of the semi-final race and your boys let them down apparently.

NthKnight

Gee_Up said:
The Tigers had every FlexiCap Rorters fan cheering for them and Brisbane to knock South Sydney out of the semi-final race and your boys let them down apparently.

LOL Round 25 was such a bitter sweet game for me. I would have loved to see the Broncos miss the 8 but then it would have meant the spoon for the Knights.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Mark Braybrooke, if he says "they must score surely" one more time im gonna kill him

So true that voice is so annoying and thats why unless Parra are on live i wont watch the game. I will listen to it on the radio or go to the game.

This Year?

Immortal
Our great game not being promoted/marketed/covered the way it should be.

The standard of reffing, the inconsistent judiciary rulings and the interpretation of rules.

The standard of football wasn't great (except for a few games).

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I am scratching my head trying to work out what reasons the NRL might have for holding a vendetta against Norths?

Didn't the ARL and Norths have issues over cigerette advertising at NSO back in the 90's? Could this be a possible reason that Norths are not supported?

Latest posts