What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Rugby Union World Cup

aussies1st

Staff member
SpaceMonkey said:
You know what, I'm thinking the same in reverse.... if Australia had won and NZ lost I'd have been utterly gutted, but given that we're both gone I somehow don't care as much! Everyone at work bar the poms is going to be a bit sheepish tomorrow morning, lol!

That's what I was thinking, if the ABs won they would have been bragging about the Wallabies going out. Now we're even, no Rugby talk to next season :p

Rovelli

Bench
aussies1st said:
That's what I was thinking, if the ABs won they would have been bragging about the Wallabies going out. Now we're even, no Rugby talk to next season :p
Not really. We would've just had an easier semi-final probably, that's all. You'd find that if we failed to win the Cup that the fact we got further than Australia doesn't ease any pain. As it is, both countries will be disappointed at bowing out like that, moreso us.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Funnily enough, some black balloons got entangled in our fence overnight.

I was embarrassed enough to have them stuck there when i saw them during the first half.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Watched the game live. Wallabies you suck big time. A big broom is needed but I don't see much depth so I can only see a big lack of interest in the code for many moons to come.

Herein lies the difference in the two countries. Focus on sport here will be today's Bathurst event and it will be 'what world cup?'. It will be the complete opposite, of course, in NZ where, according to a majority of Kiwi scribes, the cup was in the bag and the champagne (French?) corks ready to pop.

I would loved to have seen Helen Clarke's face up there sitting beside the French President as the realisation set in.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
gunnamatta bay said:
I would loved to have seen Helen Clarke's face up there sitting beside the French President as the realisation set in.

As a leaguie, i'd imagine she's probably having a quiet laugh.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
ozbash said:
www.stuff.co.nz

England's raging bull forward pack exposed the soft underbelly of the Wallabies to turn the form book on its head and dump the Australians out of the World Cup with a stunning 12-10 victory in the opening quarterfinal at Stade Velodrome early today. etc etc

Where is OB? He couldn't wait to post this story. Wheres the AB story OB? :cool:

Kiwishark

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
That would be becauase McAlister's a genius.... that's the last we'll see of him in a black (or silver) jersey, thank christ.

I thought McAlister played the best I've seen him. Ok so that kick was woeful and he missed the conversion but the breaks he made threw the park in the first half were magnificent, the subtle change of angle to break through and follow up for his try were world class. Second best player on the park for us apart from Ali Williams I thought.

Re advantages, I thought it was really weird how the ref pulled up advantages when the teams had seemingly (I thought) already taken them. Rokocoko got through a gap and we'd gained 10 odd metres in some cases.

Rovelli

Bench
So many things...

- Rokocoko threw a blatant forward pass inside his own 22 early in the game

- Ellisalde took the ball outside his own 22, ran back into it, cleared into touch on the full

- McAlister's sin-bin - what a joke - the #12 did a good job of milking it

- McAlister puts a kick through later in the game - AB taken out - nothing comes of it

- French off-side often at the ruck, especially late in the game - Barnes doesn't blow the whistle

- Forward pass to Michalak - were we playing Gridiron?

- French put a kick through, McDonald has a foot in touch as he touches the ball, comes infield, AB kicks it a few metres into the French half, line out takes place there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Rugby sux this morning

if Wilkinson is injured again the poms couldn't win a game of marbles

something wrong with the game when the only team to score a try looses

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kiwishark said:
I thought McAlister played the best I've seen him. Ok so that kick was woeful and he missed the conversion but the breaks he made threw the park in the first half were magnificent, the subtle change of angle to break through and follow up for his try were world class. Second best player on the park for us apart from Ali Williams I thought.

Re advantages, I thought it was really weird how the ref pulled up advantages when the teams had seemingly (I thought) already taken them. Rokocoko got through a gap and we'd gained 10 odd metres in some cases.

Yeah he's good when he's good, but he has too many brain explosions, he's the new Carlos Spencer. I'd rather have seen someone like Mauger there personally.

Alex28

Coach
It's not really fair that you smug Kiwi pricks are leaving Rovelli here to defend the All Blacks given how you were giving it to us about the Wallabies result.

All Blacks = Biggest chokers in world sport. Great for three years or so, then when it counts...nothing!

Time and time again...

:)

ozbash

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
Where is OB? He couldn't wait to post this story. Wheres the AB story OB? :cool:

i am here, when we scored the try at 13 all i thought we had it in the bag and went off to sight in a couple of rifles..

when i got back and my wife told me,,, sacre farkin bleu !! :shock:

we choked.

as spacey mentioned tho, the wannabies lost too, so its not so bad..:lol:

Rovelli

Bench
France should be pretty tough to beat from here on in.

France v SA - I'd rather the Snail Eaters win then the Boks

Latest posts