What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008-09 CHAMPIONS Melbourne 1 Adelaide 0 @ Telstra :: Sat 28th Feb 09

2008-09 HAL Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
halGF_mel-adl.jpg

mvfc-home.jpg
VS
adl-utd-home.jpg

MELBOURNE VICTORY:

1.Michael THEOKLITOS (gk), 2.Kevin MUSCAT (Captain), 3.Michael THWAITE, 5.Sebastian RYALL, 7.Matthew KEMP, 8.Grant BREBNER, 9.Danny ALLSOPP, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 11.NEY FABIANO, 12.Rodrigo VARGAS, 13.Nathan ELASI, 14.Billy CELESKI, 15.Tom PONDELJAK, 16.Carlos HERNANDEZ, 17.Jose Luis LOPEZ, 18.Leigh BROXHAM, 19.Evan BERGER, 20.Mitchell LANGERAK (gk), 22.Nick WARD three to be omitted

In: Michael THWAITE (promoted), Nathan ELASI (promoted), Leigh BROXHAM (promoted)
Out: Nil
Others Unavailable: Nil​

ADELAIDE UNITED:

20.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 2.Robert CORNTHWAITE, 3.ALEMAO, 4.Angelo COSTANZO, 5. Michael VALKANIS, 6. CASSIO, 7.Lucas PANTELIS, 9.Paul AGOSTINO, 10.CRISTIANO, 13.Travis DODD (c.), 14.Scott JAMIESON, 15.Jonas SALLEY, 16.Daniel MULLEN, 18.Fabian BARBIERO, 19.Sasa OGNENOVSKI, 22.DIEGO, 24.Paul REID, 25.Robert YOUNIS, 27.Michael MARRONE, 28.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 30.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk) five to be omitted

In: CASSIO (returns from suspension), DIEGO (promoted), Robert YOUNIS (promoted), Michael VALKANIS (promoted), Angelo COSTANZO.
Out: Nil
Others Unavailable: Kristian SARKIES (ankle – 1 week), Daniel BELTRAME (gk) (knee – season), Jason SPAGNUOLO (long term injury).​

REFEREE:

Matthew Breeze​

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Almost any team in the A-League other than the Reds would stand a better chance. Psychologically, they're just not able to beat the Victory.

Melbourne 3-1

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Melbourne Victory are aiming to maintain their current all-time record Hyundai A-League run of consecutive home wins, having won their past seven matches at Telstra Dome.

Adelaide will be aiming to halt a five-match losing streak against the Melbourne Victory – the current record winning/losing streak by one team over another is six, when Melbourne Victory defeated the New Zealand Knights six times in a row from October 2005 to December 2006.

Having won their previous four matches (all games), Melbourne Victory are aiming to win five in a row for only the third time in the history of the Hyundai A-League – only the Victory (8 games, Feb to Oct 2006) and Adelaide United (7 games, Nov 2005 to Jan 2006) have won more than four consecutive matches before.

Adelaide United’s Travis Dodd is set to become the Hyundai A-League’s record finals appearance player – currently Dodd is tied with Sasho Petrovski with 10 finals match appearances each.
LINK

griffo346

First Grade
:fist: Muscat is a dirty player ffs whinges about everything so minor

adelaide will win through goals from Fabian Barbiero and Christiano

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jeez, I hate to say it, but I'm almost pulling for an Adelaide win tonight. It would just be better for the A-League to see an upset.

Once Dead

Bench
Adelaide 1 - 0 via a Cristiano SCREAMER. I predict that Melbourne will choke and Adelaide will have finally broken the curse!

Misanthrope

Staff member
just say it mis you know you want to :)

I actually can't stand Adelaide, and they're second only to Perth in my 'most hated' list - but I'm not lover of Melbourne, and with my team not in the running - I'm all about what's best for the league.

Latest posts