What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

joel caine number 1 fan said:
if the side stays injury free than i dont see why a top 4 spot isnt out of the question the top 17 is very strong

Hodgson
Tuiaki
Lawrence
Collis
Youngquest
Marshall
Head
Payton
Farah
Gibbs
Heighnington
Te'o
Fulton

Morris
Galloway
Payne
Harrison

than Ohara,Halatau,Flanagan,D.Galea

thats a pretty good 1,6,7,9 and imo there the4 key area's u need too win a premiership

Apart from Payten and Heighington none of the forwards can do the hard yards.

1. Brisbane
2. Melbourne
3. North Queensland
4. Parramatta
5. New Zealand
6. Manly
7. Cronulla
8. Canberra

9. Sydney
10. Canterbury
11. Penrith
12. St George Illawarra
13. Souths
14. Gold Coast
15. Wests
16. Newcastle

tho here is a foolproof ladder prediction:

1. Team with least amount injuries
2. Team with 2nd least amount of injuries
3. ....you get the rest

mongoose

Coach
joel caine number 1 fan said:
thats a pretty good 1,6,7,9 and imo there the4 key area's u need too win a premiership

If they can keep those players on the field for most of the year they should make the 8. The problem is Head and Benji would be by far the most injury prone combination in the NRL.

mongoose said:
If they can keep those players on the field for most of the year they should make the 8. The problem is Head and Benji would be by far the most injury prone combination in the NRL.

yeh they are but this is sport and anything can happen

ride the tiger

Juniors
whats the deal with people in here not being able to consider someone's prediction as a possibility, whether it be for the spoon or the top 4?

the only prediction which id forgive someone for questioning is the premiers, as there are a couple of teams that probably can't win it, even if things go well for them.

as for everything else, anything is possible, & your a moron if you cant understand that by now.

over the last few years we have seen souths make the 8, the wooden spooners win 6 games in a row & the tigers win the whole thing!

how many predicted panthers crap year in '07? i haven't met one.

maybe some should start watching the f**king NRL instead of posting personal attacks on people's quite plausable predictions.

LESStar58

Referee
At this stage I'm prepared to list what I think will be the top 8. No point in picking the whole ladder when top 8 is all that matters.

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Warriors
4. Roosters
5. Broncos
6. Rabbitohs
7. Sea-Eagles
8. Titans

Jobdog said:
:lol: @ Souffs finishing third and Dogs finishing last. Also the Knights are too low. Apart from that, probably pretty close ;-)
Well swap the dogs with the dragons just having a look at their roster they will struggle.
As For Newcastle, they need a least another year together to gel and Souths will have a huge season and make it til the 2nd last weekend.
Craig Wing will kill em at souths.

Knightmare

Coach
My prediction is the most accurate for sure:

1. Newtown
2. South Queensland
3. North Sydney
4. Glebe
5. Adelaide
6. Annandale
7. Western Suburbs
8. Balmain
9. University
10. Cumberland

eels4lyf

1. Storm (still the benchmark)
2. Broncos (Lockyer will be fit, and with PJ they will have direction, and zip to add to their forward pack and exciting backs.
(these 2 are my pick for the GF.
3. Manly (Hate to say it but they will feild practically the same side)
4. Cowboys (travis burns will be a fantastic buy).
5. Eels (we are far too inconsistent to expect us to finish higher. But if we fire and win games we know we should then who knows)
6. Warriors (Same as parra really)
7. and 8. Whoever has the better of injuries and suspensions, and whoever keeps their best and most consistent 17 on the field every week.

wittyfan

Referee
Knightmare said:
My prediction is the most accurate for sure:

1. Newtown
2. South Queensland
3. North Sydney
4. Glebe
5. Adelaide
6. Annandale
7. Western Suburbs
8. Balmain
9. University
10. Cumberland

Bah! The Dirty Reds will make the GF for sure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gotta say Jono, I'm utterly amazed at the amount of people who claim to be lovers of the game, yet forget how many teams in the comp.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Timmah said:
Gotta say Jono, I'm utterly amazed at the amount of people who claim to be lovers of the game, yet forget how many teams in the comp.

please remind me when school Holidays finish????

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In some ways not soon enough (kids! ARGH!), in other ways too soon (no 40k school zones).

In reality it's the last days of January :(

Latest posts