What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

neeknitsuj

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Eels
3. Warriors
4. Manly
5. Roosters
6. Broncos
7. North Queensland
8. Panthers

-

9. Cronulla
10. Souths
11. Tigers
12. Titans
13. Raiders
14. Knights
15. Bulldogs
16. St George Illawarra

JW

Coach
Just the top 8...

1. Sea Eagles
2. Cowboys
3. Warriors
4. Storm
5. Eels
6. Broncos
7. Roosters
8. Rabbitohs

Could easily sub in another 4-5 teams.

Kakihara

Juniors
Why are people predicting the warriors to come first or near the top. Our halfback is terrible and our back row has no creativity at all if we are going by 2007 seasons form.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Storm
Eels
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Cowboys
Rabbitohs
Warriors
Roosters

Bulldogs
Raiders
Sharks
Titans
Dragons
Panthers
Knights
Tigers

Charlie124

First Grade
1. NQ Cowboys
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Parramatta Eels
4. St George Illawarra Dragons
5. Cronulla Sharks
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Penrith Panthers
8. Manly Sea Eagles

9. Canberra Raiders
10. South Sydney Rabbitohs
11. Sydney Roosters
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. NZ Warriors
15. Wests Tigers
16. Newcastle Knights

mepelthwack

Juniors
1. Melbourne
2. Wests Tigers
3. Brisbane
4. New Zealand
5. Manly
6. South Sydney
7. Sydney Roosters
8. St.George Illawarra

9. Parramatta
10. North Queensland
11. Gold Coast
12. Cronulla
13. Penrith
14. Bulldogs
15. Canberra
16. Newcastle

Corbin

Juniors
1 Warriors
2 Cronulla
3 St George Illawarra
4 Sydney Roosters
5 Melbourne
6 Bulldogs
7 Manly
8 Canberra

9 Parramatta
10 Gold Coast
11 Wests Tigers
12 Brisbane
13 South Sydney
14 North Queensland
15 Newcastle
16 Penrith

dio

Juniors
1. NQ Cowboys
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Parramatta Eels
4. nz warriors
5. manly
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Penrith Panthers
8. rooters

I have noticed quite a lot picking Parra to miss the 8, is this coz of the Tim Smith thing? or are there other reasons?

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
My ladder would look like this

1. Melbourne
2. Cowboys
3. Parramatta
4. Manly
5. Tigers
6. Souths
7. Broncos
8. Warriors
9. Roosters
10. Sharks
11. Raiders
12. Bulldogs
13. Titans
14. Penrith
15. Newcastle
16. St George

Brycey

Juniors
EvolutionUber said:
As a Cowboy fan I cant see them coming better then 3 rd. Yet a lot of people have tipped top 2.
After all the injuries last season, they have a hell of alot of depth in their forward pack, plus the same old thing everyone says about their backline...Thurston, Bowen etc. It wouldnt shock me if they did finish top 2.

Marshall_magic said:
The wooden spoon is impossible to pick, every side has a few players in their roster that make it look like that side won't run last, except the Raiders, who never seem to come last, even with the likes of Gafa and Bugarelli in their side.

Alan Tongue, Todd Carney and Canberra Stadium should ensure the Raiders miss the spoon and atleast finish above the Tigers and the Knights.

Bicey_18

Bench
gorilla with a shotgun said:
Alan Tongue, Todd Carney and Canberra Stadium should ensure the Raiders miss the spoon and atleast finish above the Tigers and the Knights.

Wouldnt bet on that...

perverse

Referee
not knocking anyones predictions, i think anything is possible next year just as much as it has been every year this decade... however i'm just curious to know the thought process behind everyone tipping the knights so poorly for next season? a few astute punters appear to have lifted the veil and noticed a remarkable improvement in our roster, facilities and mindset... but i'm just perplexed what the rest of you are actually thinking (if anything at all)? given Brian Smiths remarkable ability to turn a club around from cellar dwellers to contenders i wouldn't think it was coach bias... and also given that our roster has improved 10 fold (exaggeration, but it is very significant) in both skill and depth... i see no reason not to predict a decisive improvement next year.

thoughts?

Knightmare

Coach
Personally I'm not too concerned, because it means there's no pressure on the Knights to do well. They just have to do what the Raiders do every year- worry about the basics and let the final ladder take care of itself. People are tipping Newcastle to run last because that's the slant the Telegraph is giving. We all know why they want Newcastle to run last in the final placings...

eels_fan_01

Bench
Knightmare said:
Personally I'm not too concerned, because it means there's no pressure on the Knights to do well. They just have to do what the Raiders do every year- worry about the basics and let the final ladder take care of itself. People are tipping Newcastle to run last because that's the slant the Telegraph is giving. We all know why they want Newcastle to run last in the final placings...

There might not be expectation for the Knights by other fans but there is definately pressure from the town, the board and there is going to be intense pressure on your coach.

Latest posts