What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Round 1 Team Lists

Pumba

First Grade
ocko said:
no dragons or cowboys teams yet?

Cowboys: Matt Bowen, Ty Williams, Ashley Graham, Ben Harris, Mark Henry, Justin Smith, Travis Burns, Ray Cashmere, Aaron Payne ©, Carl Webb, Steve Southern, Jacob Lillyman, Luke O’Donnell
Interchange - David Faiumu, Sam Faust, Sione Faumuina, Matt Scott, Shane Tronc

Saints

1. Josh Morris
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Mark Gasnier (c)
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Ben Hornby
7. Jamie Soward
8. Justin Poore
9. Simon Woolford
10. Jason Ryles
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

14. Jarrod Saffy
15. Kirk Reynoldson
16. Rangi Chase
17. Chase Stanley
18. Lagi Setu

Timmah is being slack :x

nqboy

First Grade
Pumba said:
Cowboys: Matt Bowen, Ty Williams, Ashley Graham, Ben Harris, Mark Henry, Justin Smith, Travis Burns, Ray Cashmere, Aaron Payne ©, Carl Webb, Steve Southern, Jacob Lillyman, Luke O’Donnell
Interchange - David Faiumu, Sam Faust, Sione Faumuina, Matt Scott, Shane Tronc
I look and look and just can't see why we are a powerhouse and regular Top 4 side. I just see so many weaknesses in that side.

I guess it's because I look at my side far more closely than I watch other sides and I'd probably see similar flawas in other sides if I studied them as closely. Do fans of other teams find this as well?

I know most on here talk up their side come what may, but, if anything, I tend to be hypercritical of my side.

mongoose

Coach
nqboy said:
I look and look and just can't see why we are a powerhouse and regular Top 4 side. I just see so many weaknesses in that side.

I guess it's because I look at my side far more closely than I watch other sides and I'd probably see similar flawas in other sides if I studied them as closely. Do fans of other teams find this as well?

I know most on here talk up their side come what may, but, if anything, I tend to be hypercritical of my side.

The backline relies so heavily on bowen and thurston. I think you guys are a good centre and good running back rower away from a premiership.

Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Saints prediction:

1. J. Morris
2. B. Morris
3. Ganier (c)
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Hornby
7. Soward
8. Poore
9. Woolford
10. Ryles
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Hunt
15. Stanley
16. Reynoldson
17. Chase

Pumba said:
1. Josh Morris
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Mark Gasnier (c)
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Ben Hornby
7. Jamie Soward
8. Justin Poore
9. Simon Woolford
10. Jason Ryles
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

14. Jarrod Saffy
15. Kirk Reynoldson
16. Rangi Chase
17. Chase Stanley

Not bad. If you ignore the stuff up with the wingers that's just one erroneous pick on the bench.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
nqboy said:

The forward depth is tremendous. Ben Vaeau, who I rate as a player of massive promise, isn't even in the squad.

effnic

Bench
t-ba said:
Remind us how that went...

Just because you play for NZ doesn't mean you are above average. look at Steve Matai!

The Cov is also one of the few backs in the NRL who sloeaiki may have covered for pace. Not too say he isn't a reliable first grader, he most certainly is.
Do u like any player in the team you follow? i swear to god.

effnic

Bench
Matai is old school, if half of you watched the games played in the 80's and early 90's everyone played like that, so go on and call all your past heros grubs.

Garts

Bench
Matai is a bit of a thug but you need someone like that in your team. He is extremely aggressive and as a result plays right on the limit and sometimes he crosses the line.

Shorty

Staff member
nqboy said:

What are you on:?
All sides have flaws,even Melbourne have significant flaws.

I think that's a pretty good side,we've actually got replacement halfback and have some new backline signings.
And our forward depth is huge now considering how many were blooded last year and people coming back from injury.

You're a bit of a perfectionist...

petetheileet

First Grade
effnic said:
Matai is old school, if half of you watched the games played in the 80's and early 90's everyone played like that, so go on and call all your past heros grubs.

Those guys were tough...Matai is a grub!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All team lists now updated in the first post of this thread.

Matai - grub.

coolumsharkie

Referee
How much will the Eels miss Tahu this year?
Just watched the Sharks Eels game from last year.. if he wasn't playing we would have won by 20.

Canard

Immortal
Shorty said:
What are you on:?
All sides have flaws,even Melbourne have significant flaws.

I think that's a pretty good side,we've actually got replacement halfback and have some new backline signings.
And our forward depth is huge now considering how many were blooded last year and people coming back from injury.

You're a bit of a perfectionist...

Agreed.

Plus its a bit of stretch saying that we are a "regular" Top 4 side when we have only finished there ONCE in our history.

Canard

Immortal
mongoose said:
The backline relies so heavily on bowen and thurston. I think you guys are a good centre and good running back rower away from a premiership.

Hopefully thats Luke ODonnell and Ben Harris. Luke is basically a "new" signing after missing practically all last year.

But that bench is pretty good, 2 International and a QLD Origin player.

Latest posts