What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Round 1 Team Lists

Noa

First Grade
Timmah said:
Storm team announced v Warriors

1. Billy Slater, 2. Steve Turner, 3. Will Chambers, 4. Israel Folau, 5. Anthony Quinn, 6. Russ Aitken, 7. Cooper Cronk, 8. Jeff Lima, 9. Cam Smith ©, 10. Brett White, 11. Jeremy Smith, 12. Ryan Hoffman, 13. Dallas Johnson
Int: 14. Matt Geyer, 15. Adam Blair, 16. Sika Manu, 17. Sam Tagataese.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.asp?sec=3&ssec=8

I like the look of that team. Obviously will be much stronger when GI and Crock come but I like Manu, Blair and Sam on the bench. They give us size, speed, strength and plenty of skill.

Ice777

Bench
Noa Nandruku said:
Obviously will be much stronger when GI and Crock

Not to mention Fus as well. The best part is that is we never had him or Crocker for the majority of last season so that will only be a bonus this year.

Noa

First Grade
Ice777 said:
Not to mention Fus as well. The best part is that is we never had him or Crocker for the majority of last season so that will only be a bonus this year.

Who do you leave out to put Fus back in & Crock for that matter ? Sika, Adam and Sam all know that thier one poor performance from a trip to Gosford which will be excellent for us.

Noa

First Grade
Hoggy said:
Manu surely.

Possibly but he was the most impressive of the 3 against Leeds and he's got the type of game that Bellamy loves i.e. great defender and excels in those situations where you need some tough yards.

Hoggy

Bench
Noa Nandruku said:
Possibly but he was the most impressive of the 3 against Leeds and he's got the type of game that Bellamy loves i.e. great defender and excels in those situations where you need some tough yards.

Blairy is easily the best of the three, and I think Taggers has some credits in the bank, more so than Manu anyway.

Manu has a rubbish tattoo on his neck anyway.

Noa

First Grade
Hoggy said:
Blairy is easily the best of the three, and I think Taggers has some credits in the bank, more so than Manu anyway.

Manu has a rubbish tattoo on his neck anyway.

I definately agree that Adam is the most talented (most talented forward at the club in fact) but he has to start delivering on it.

yobbo84

Coach
Panther_Daz said:
NRL - Vs Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium, Sunday 16 March - 1.00pm Kickoff (QLD time)

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Luke Rooney 3. Brad Tighe 4. Maurice Blair 5. Michael Jennings 6. Jarrod Sammut 7. Joe Williams 8. Adam Woolnough 9. Luke Priddis 10. Petero Civoniceva (C) 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Tony Puletua 13. Nathan Smith. Interchange: 14. Paul Aiton 15. Frank Pritchard 16. Brendan Worth 17. Frank Puletua 18. Matthew Bell

Jennings on the wing is absolutely stupid decision.

Worst defensive halves pairing ever?

Shorty

Staff member
Canard said:
Agreed.

Plus its a bit of stretch saying that we are a "regular" Top 4 side when we have only finished there ONCE in our history.
Yep,last year was our highest finish in the club's history and we were heavily injury burdened.
I think that's a pretty good achievement personally.

I disagree with powerhouse also,we're not a powerhouse and if anything we are a developing powerhouse.

macavity

Referee
1. Rhys Wesser 2. Luke Rooney 3. Brad Tighe 4. Maurice Blair 5. Michael Jennings 6. Jarrod Sammut 7. Joe Williams 8. Adam Woolnough 9. Luke Priddis 10. Petero Civoniceva (C) 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Tony Puletua 13. Nathan Smith. Interchange: 14. Paul Aiton 15. Frank Pritchard 16. Brendan Worth 17. Frank Puletua 18. Matthew Bell

it didn't really hit home until I saw that team list

Penrith really do take Newcastle's garbage.

Latest posts