What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 WCC :: 29 Feb :: Leeds 11 Melbourne 4 @ Elland Rd, Leeds UK

Big Pete

Referee
After going to bed at 4am I find myself watching the WCC only a few hours later...the things you do for your sport aye. :p

Storm: 4
(Hoffman Try, Turner (0/1)
Leeds: 2
Kevin Sinfield (1/1)

It's been a very physical game thus far and some of the hits from the Storm players have been superb. While Tigers fans should be licking their lips with Ellis who has shone thus far.

Storm havn't found their groove yet however what can you expect with their preparation? Should be an interesting tussle.

Big Pete

Referee
Just for those wondering...Storm Line Up

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. William Chambers
4. Israeal Folau
5. Anthony Quinn
9. Matt Geyer
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima
11. Jeremy Smith
10. Brett White
14. Antonio Kafusi
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

6. Russel Aitkin
15. Adam Blair
16. Sika Manu
17. Sam Tagatese

Big Pete

Referee
Try given...

Leeds 8
Tries: Scott Donald, Goals: Kevin Sinfield (2/2)

Storm 4
Tries: Hoffman, Goals: Steve Turner (0/1)

One minute until halftime.

Big Pete

Referee
Knock On from Turner sends us into Half Time.

Leeds 8
Tries: Scott Donald, Goals: Kevin Sinfield (2/2)

Storm 4
Tries: Ryan Hoffman, Goals: Steve Turner (0/1)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Good game. I like it when it's physical. I wonder if it will open up a bit more in the second half as the players tire a little more.

Danish

Referee
On a side note, the ruling of that try for Leeds should be studied by our referees to show just how stupid our obstruction rule has become.

A defender most certainly made contact with Cronk, and MacGuire ran behind him, but any man could see Cronk was not advancing forward anyway, and was not impeded from sliding despite the slight contact made.

Great decision IMO

Big Pete

Referee
Great point Danish. That's one aspect I admire about the ESL, their referee's don't tend to nit-pick.

Big Pete

Referee
Second Half is nearly underway.

Another thing I like about the ESL...their choice of music, Muse rock. :)

whippy

Juniors
i reckon that leeds try wouldnt have been given in nrl. but it was fine to me.

great game so far until half time.

can tell melbourne are a way better team. they missing there 2 best players and still handling themself ok.

the weather is also not helping melbourne at all. havnt got use to it yet. i havnt seen them make so many mistakes in a game.

Latest posts