What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Brisbane Broncos Signings

Broncos93

Juniors
Ahh I keep looking at this thread hoping for some good news but all I'm seeing are dudes jizzing in their pants and stupid lol posts like the above...

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT PEOPLE!

Dazzat

First Grade
Ahh I keep looking at this thread hoping for some good news but all I'm seeing are dudes jizzing in their pants and stupid lol posts like the above...

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT PEOPLE!

The good news is this: The Broncos player recruitment and retention performance is going to get better than it is currently. That I can guarantee.

Personally I thought the tension was really start to build in the Saga of Dallas and Melbourne.

Dazzat

First Grade
Mmm, only because it couldn't get any worse than it currently is...

Yes ... you got my point.

Now back to our series called "Dallas" ...

Bellamy: 'Dallas, you know if you go to France you'll enjoy yourself. There'll be the adventure of living on a foreign country. There's the attraction of getting paid three times as much as you are now ... and playing about half as hard. Training will be so easy ... but you won't be fulfilled. Remember how I've revved it up you so many times. You'd miss that ... Kevvy Walters isn't anywhere near as grumpy as me."

Dallas: "So you don't want me to go?"

Bellamy: "Yes, go. And besides we have Todd Lowrie to take your place."

Dallas: "You mean ... you've been seeing another lock forward!"

Bellamy: "OK ... yes I have...."

charlie frith

Juniors
Just remember Bennett signed PJ Marsh, Tom Hewitt, Joel Clinton and Steve Michaels - all on way too much money- they're all duds. Henjak just got left with the hangover. His hands are tied until he can offload some of the duds. 2010 another tough year and then we'll see some action in 2011 recruitment
wise.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos would love to talk to unhappy Paul Gallen

By Wayne Heming
December 22, 2009 Brisbane Broncos have signalled their interest in Cronulla enforcer Paul Gallen amid speculation the Australia forward is unhappy and wants out of the Sharks next season.
A Sydney newspaper reported on Tuesday that Gallen was aggrieved after his latest disciplinary fine from the club last week and approaches had been made on his behalf to rival NRL clubs.

“We'd be really interested in sitting down and having a talk with him,” Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak told AAP on Tuesday just before the Sharks issued a statement expressing surprise at the newspaper report.

“He's the type of player who would fit into our forward pack.

“He'd certainly bring a bit of an aura and some presence with him.''

Gallen is understood to be upset over his latest $10,000 fine, for urinating in public.

The report said his manager David Riolo had held secret talks with Wests Tigers and Manly about the possibility of him joining them in 2010.

“I don't really want to comment on the report, I am on holidays,” Riolo said when contacted by AAP.

“Paul has a contract for 2010 and I can't see the Sharks letting him go.”

Brisbane fired off an email to Riolo on Tuesday saying they would like to talk to Gallen if the reports were correct.

“If he is interested in coming to the Broncos, we'd be very interested in talking to him,” said Henjak.

“I don't think his recent off-field incidents would stop any club from wanting him.

“In a good culture and the right environment like the Broncos, I think he would thrive.

“I'm sure he would be a great player here and contribute to our club but at this stage we haven't spoken to him.”

The rugged State of Origin and Test back-rower was stripped of the Sharks captaincy and fined $10,000 earlier this year over a racial slur.

It's understood he was bitterly disappointed to be slapped with the latest fine, half of which was suspended, and has reportedly told friends he has lost the desire to resume training with the Sharks next month.

Cronulla officials reacted to the bombshell by releasing a statement on Tuesday which declared their former skipper was “an integral part of the club's plans” for the length of his contract, which runs until the end of 2011.

“I am aware that Paul was disappointed to be fined for his most recent off-field indiscretion, but having spoken to him and his manager on several occasions I am surprised to read today's story,” said Sharks chief executive Richard Fisk.

“These discussions covered a variety of issues in relation to Paul's on-going career at the Sharks and no official request for a release has been received by the club.”

While Manly have the money following the departure of Matt Orford, they would be reluctant to do anything to jeopardise efforts to re-sign representative back-rowers Anthony Watmough and Glenn Stewart.

AAP

Source: Foxsports

Dazzat

First Grade
Please no ...

Reason One: Of all positions, back row is our strongest.
Reason Two: Need I go there?

renouf

Juniors
I'd still take him, could be a good replacement for Carroll and would add some much needed experience in the pack.