What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jersey = Meh

I personally don't like it. it is far too plain, there is just nothing special about it at all, no V, nothing, tis better than the Slack caps one but still the potential was there for it to be much much better and they dropped the ball on this one and I can't see it being a huge seller.

What about the talk of it having designs similar to the Awen Testimonial jersey?.

Just a plain old boring shirt that has nothing really to relate it to either our country or Auckland....it just sucks, no thought put into it at all!.

And I thought the last one was bad...

Flame away...

MKEB...

Staff member
Just a typical f**king Canterbury of NZ jumper. Why couldnt they make a league jumper?

Bollocks

Tom Shines

First Grade
1.jpg

2.jpg

LeagueNut

First Grade
Just a plain old boring shirt that has nothing really to relate it to either our country or Auckland....it just sucks, no thought put into it at all!
Agree 100%.

And while the last one was pretty plain, at least it wasn't a template used by about 50 other teams around the world with the colours changed.

Rich102

Staff member
Hey, isn't it whats in the jersey that counts?
If the warriors win the Grand Final this year I will think it is the best jersey ever.

ozbash

Referee
if i get one for my b day, i'm going to paint a big white V on the front with the kids felt tips !!

MKEB...

Staff member
if i get one for my b day, i'm going to paint a big white V on the front with the kids felt tips !!

Then I will send my one up that, and you cant paint a big white V on that.
You should have had enough practice by then. :cool:

Martli

Coach
Is that the official release? I don't seem to recall this one ever being official.

Jesbass

First Grade
It's being advertised on at least one motorway billboard that I've been told of, and I've also been shown a photo of these jerseys on mannequins, so I'd say this is the official jersey.

Last edited:

Archangel2

Juniors
The only other team I have been able to find that wear it apart from those awful Monie led World Cup frogs,(typical french flair in there jersey pity they stank so bad eh?) is Warrington Wolves.(B98 7612). And there Jersey seems to have a "V" on it done in the same stuff as the Wallies have on there jerseys.

Where as ours seems to be a copy of the NSW State of O jersey B98 5317 (in different coulours.) Juries still out with me...wait till the first game.
I have the CCC catalogue as no doubt you will have guessed, we were looking at a possible switch to there jerseys for this season, but held off for this season.

The jersey we liked was the American Eagles Jersey(B98 5329)....but obviously in our colours.
Still the price was off this planet for custom colours.

Anyways gents everyone have a very Cool Yule and a good New Year!!!
Cheers from the Archangel.

MKEB...

Staff member
OT: archy, you werent respnsible for the Sit Vac in the Dom yesterday for Welly RL General manager perchance? I read that and damn near pissed myself laughing.

Martli

Coach
It's being advertised on at least one motorway billboard that I've been told of, and I've also been shown a photo of these jerseys on mannequins, so I'd say this is the official jersey.

Ah sweet as then. Kind of an odd way to release this sort of information...

You bunch of spoons that is not the jersey for next year those are prototypes, and sh*t i dont even live in auckland shame on you all!!!

Latest posts