What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Melbourne Cup Thread

IanG

Coach
I know it's not 'til next Tuesday and we still have the Derby and McKinnon Stakes yet but here's a thread for this year's Melbourne Cup. Personally I'll be backing whoever Bart has in the race cause he's on a roll.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Efficient and Viewed FTW, i got on both of them early in the Spring and got them both at rather juicy odds. I might have a saver on something and have a lash on the Tri.

rabs

Staff member
Kirklees is the forgotten horse, I'm having a lash at it for a place at 8.50

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i been going for Shocking the whole time and still wont budge off it got 250 each way on fxed $21 so ill pick up 6750 if it gets up... and kiklees aint forgotten its got Frankie D on it so its bound to fail now

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They just said on fox Efficient is a doubtful starter, failed a vets test. Damn have had no luck with fixed price betting this summer :(

andrew057

First Grade
They just said on fox Efficient is a doubtful starter, failed a vets test. Damn have had no luck with fixed price betting this summer :(

Dont stres mate, he'll start. Hes had the problem for 18 months and William's regular vets have managed the problem so far. The other two favourites will have examinations before the race too.

damo72

Juniors
I've had a go at Daffodil, but also like the chances of Alcopop and if he gets a run - Hume

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I am going for a little bit of value and going with Vigor. Not too bad of a run in the Caulfield. Got to love the Melbourne Cup.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've had a go at Daffodil, but also like the chances of Alcopop and if he gets a run - Hume
I'll be backing him tomorrow, been following him for a while lightly raced Zabeel on the up. If he gets in the cup he'll run well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dont stres mate, he'll start. Hes had the problem for 18 months and William's regular vets have managed the problem so far. The other two favourites will have examinations before the race too.
I hope so mate, he's a favourite of mine. Won quite a bit on him over the years, got him at 26's at fix price early on so fingers crossed.

damo72

Juniors
I'll be backing him tomorrow, been following him for a while lightly raced Zabeel on the up. If he gets in the cup he'll run well.

He finished off well last start, looks like the distance will suit tomorrow and hopefully it isn't too wet.

damo72

Juniors
Everyone will be talking about Viewed and his run, but if you get a chance to watch the race again, keep an eye on the old grey Newport as his run was blistering and has gone hugely unnoticed.