What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Melbourne Cup Thread

got a whisper for kibbutz from a strong source might be worth a few $

I have been following this horse. It's run weren't too bad last time at the valley wobbled on the turn, Flemington suits this horse down to the ground at $71.00 good E/W value.

I am backing it and Roman Emperor. Viewed, Alcopop and a few others in the multiples.

Interesting die note is the fact all three favourites have jockeys on board having there first Cup rides.

Evenflow

Bench
Changingofthe guard scratched, found to be lame and from all reports D. Hayes isn't very happy at all with the vets decision. He'll come out of my try and Basaltico will come in.

damo72

Juniors
Just put mine on for the day, apart from the Cup bets, just gone for a bit of value on the day

Race 1 - 14-2-1-8
Race 2 - 7-16-9-2
Race 3 - 15-13-9-12-16
Race 4 - 8-2-3-13
Race 5 - 4-5-1-8
Race 6 - 8-13-5-7
Race 7 - 20-11-8-18-14 (playing around with those and 1,4 and 24)
Race 8 - 11-8-13-5
Race 9 - 16-10-1-15
Race 10 - 15-18-19-20

as I said I like a bit of value on Melbourne Cup day and apart from Race 5 I think there will be some good priced winners today

St. Brett

Juniors
You're not gonna believe this!
I left my list at home.
All my tips and shopping were on it.
I'm here at the library now and I've discovered I forgot to bring my tips with me.

Ian G - I pre-saled yesterday race one horse Indigo so I'm already down ten quid.

Those horses I gave yesterday are bullsh*t.

Brett Gaddes has changed yet again.

But before I give out my award winning specials I wanna have a little word with y'all.
Here, gather 'round, come close.
I got something to say.
Today.....today we are part of something special.
It only comes around once every so often and it's a prestigious event so I want us all to embrace each other and remember what today is significant for......MY TIPS!

Ok, with that out of the way here goes.

MLB Cup Rce 7 number 6 Roman Emperor into a quinella with the following three horses 8 Crime Scene 12 Harris Tweed and 19 Cape Cover.

You know what I'm thinking? The weather will play a part in this. So here's what I'm hoping for. By 3pm thisarvo the track will be rated heavy because according to those nitwits down in MLB there's going to be storms and sh*t down there so I'm hoping for a mud lark track by cup time so Harris Tweed and Cape Cover can do their Kiwi thing.

Right this instance as of 11:50am it's dry so far so if it stays this way then it'll be a truly run race.
All depends on weather for me.

I'll have to go to the TAB in a minute and watch a race to see what it looks like.

Me, I want it to rain.

The thing with Viewed that will beat him is top weight and why was Shin not given the mount this year?
Viewed is carrying too much weight.

Again ain't it funny how no clown tipped Viewed 2 starts ago when he won or when he won last year's cup yet today every expert is all over him like a rash - f*cking nitwits!
Christ the racing industry is so shallow.
People are shallow.

Packing Success is scratched! FMD!

Last edited:

St. Brett

Juniors
Wait wait, wait!

It just occured to me that if it does rain then that'll take the jar out of the track and aid those European horses too.

There's about 5 or 6 Euro horses I didn't even look into.

Anyone know anything about 'em?

I'll bet you a hundred bucks that there's huge 80-1 and 50-1 shots that fill the places today spoiling your triffecta's and sh*t.

There's gonna be a huge upset today.

It's gonna be one of those cups where -
Nevermind.

diggo

Juniors
There's not enough rain about St Brett. Most of the showers were predicted early morning. The track will not be any worse than dead.

Here's what I'm on:

1. Alcopop
2. Daffodil
3. Mourilyan

Roughie: Fiumicino

dazza

Staff member
i`ve gone viewed, roman emperor, munsef (roughie), daffodil, shocking

cheers dazza

lsta5838

Juniors
Got my first scalp of the day.. had $20 the win and $20 on the place on Common Interest at fixed odds of $18, that should get net about $400...

Jono078

Referee
i been going for Shocking the whole time and still wont budge off it got 250 each way on fxed $21 so ill pick up 6750 if it gets up... and kiklees aint forgotten its got Frankie D on it so its bound to fail now
I envy you :(

Well done though, nice bet!

Apey

Staff member
i been going for Shocking the whole time and still wont budge off it got 250 each way on fxed $21 so ill pick up 6750 if it gets up... and kiklees aint forgotten its got Frankie D on it so its bound to fail now

Nice.

I had Roman Emperor :lol:

Fein

First Grade
What on earth made you pick Crime Scene?

I had Crime Scene and Mourilyan.

Why?

Because on Racing Retro on Sunday, Dominic Berne (who I rate the best judge) gave them both a big show.

Bottom line - I won farkall. :lol::lol::lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Had each way bets on Moruylian, Crime Scene and Shocking. So good there.

But! could hve been so much better.

Had a trifecta going with Moruylian, Crime Scene, Warringah or Roman EMpire to come first, with those horses plus Shocking, Harris Tweed, Leica Ding to come second and third.

If Crime scene had won i'd be lookin down the barrell at $40k...instead finished about $400 in front. ah well.