What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not having a go, I'm just stunned there aren't already 4-5k of members. There were 80,000 at that ground back in October... only 5% of them need become members for that figure to come to fruition. More promotion needed IMO.

As others have mentioned, some clubs are a lot further along in their membership drives than others given the importance placed on them has only risen recently. Ours is progressing, the internet-based promotion isn't bad with the website covered in banners and mass emails sent from Matt Orford, Grant Mayer etc. asking to join up, but some form of match day promotion is needed IMO to get through to those fans that might not be on the mailing list or use the website. Numbers are on the rise anyway so hopefully in a couple of years we'll have bridged the gap between us and other clubs, but you're right, we need more promotion.

Dogs Of War

Coach
One thing I noticed was that the NRL stop advertising memberships. I think those ads need to start appearing on TV again. Can't cost too much to put one or two ads on during the cricket, to remind people that the footy season is right around the corner, and they should sign up.

Would even be better if they could make some club specific ones, to give people an idea of how cheap it is to be a season ticket holder (so display the best price for that club).

adamkungl

Immortal
They should have ads comparing the price of attending every game compared to the price of season tickets. For a 12 home game ticket you usually get your moneys worth even if you only attend 8 or 9 games, and on top of that it boosts the amount of games you do attend because you've already paid. And its a great way to help your club. Its a win win situation.

Timmah

Staff member
I know when it gets to the arse end of the cricket season (i.e. once our ODI's vs NZ start) the cricket guys do plug upcoming stuff on Nine which includes the upcoming RL season.

gong_eagle

First Grade
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/message-board-detail.asp?mbid=118681&s=0

small_eagle.jpg

Total Members 3008
Ticketed Members: 2771

Very quiet day today, if you have been thinking of signing up now is the right time !

One thing I noticed was that the NRL stop advertising memberships. I think those ads need to start appearing on TV again. Can't cost too much to put one or two ads on during the cricket, to remind people that the footy season is right around the corner, and they should sign up.

Would even be better if they could make some club specific ones, to give people an idea of how cheap it is to be a season ticket holder (so display the best price for that club).

Fox sports last season were promoting individual club memberships.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Fox sports last season were promoting individual club memberships.

That's the point. Plenty before Christmas, which was great, but 6 weeks out from the season proper now, and nothing. Couldn't hurt to remind people, and get those who stopped thinking about it, to remember to sign up.

MsStorm

Bench
They should have ads comparing the price of attending every game compared to the price of season tickets. For a 12 home game ticket you usually get your moneys worth even if you only attend 8 or 9 games, and on top of that it boosts the amount of games you do attend because you've already paid. And its a great way to help your club. Its a win win situation.

Good idea about the comparisons of paying each week as compared to being a member.

Once you purchase your membership, its out of the way and you don't have to find the money each week for entry.

Keeps your club solvent during the Xmas break and you get at least 3 free game...as Adam said...a win win situation.

MsStorm

Bench
Update for Storm's membership nos. last Friday morning : 5,500+

Seems they are doing it in 500 lots.

MsStorm

Bench
I know TV advertising is expensive, but the NRL have to somehow allow for this and I am sure supporters will rally to the cause once its embedded in their brains. It will take some time as it is still a fairly new concept, but it could be too late for some clubs if supporters lose their clubs.

It was not that long ago when the afl club memberships were quite low but supporters and the afl realised how important it is to be a member of your club for it to survive and grow and memberships have absolutely boomed since then.

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs are at 3,903.

Six weeks to kickoff... :crazy:

Latest posts