What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meltiger

First Grade
^ there are many ways of keeping track, from posters who have contacts within clubs to clubs that post progressive totals on their websites (All clubs should do this - It should be a matter of pride for every fan that their club gets the highest total possible)

Mostly, the OP's most likely intention was to encourage people to buy Souths memberships and add to their clubs total .... This is a good thing you do realise? It's just been expanded out over time to cover all clubs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would say having the counters for all to see is actually a very proactive thing. A bit of rivalary amongst Sydney clubs as to who has the biggest fan base/loyalist fans will do wonders for season membership sales!

meltiger

First Grade
I would say having the counters for all to see is actually a very proactive thing. A bit of rivalary amongst Sydney clubs as to who has the biggest fan base/loyalist fans will do wonders for season membership sales!

Yep. Agreed 100% You only have to see the pissing contests that go on around the Aussie Rules boards to see what being open with the totals does. Everyone wants their club to be the biggest.

yobbo84

Coach
Yep. Agreed 100% You only have to see the pissing contests that go on around the Aussie Rules boards to see what being open with the totals does. Everyone wants their club to be the biggest.

Ken Oath. In fact, the NRL should have a "membership ladder" on their website, showing each and every club's tallies. That would be great. People would buy tickets just to say "my club is better than yours".

It's all about the first membership. Once you have one, all clubs have to do it make it ridiculously easy to renew and before you know it, buying a membership is just something you do. We need it engrained in the RL fans' culture.

If you are someone who watches your team a few times a year, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to be a member. Take my membership for instance. It cost me $300 odd, but for that I get a seat about half way up the bottom level at ANZ, right on the 40 metre line and it's guaranteed for me for 14 games. It would be amongst the top 2000 seats in the whole stadium (outside of the corporate boxes) and its only $20 odd dollars a game! You just can't get that kind of value anywhere else imo. If you are likely to see a few games, you are mad not to get a season ticket.

TheDalek079

Bench
just curiously, what club has the membership pack that caters best for their fans who live so far away that they can't get to any home games?

NGR

Juniors
just curiously, what club has the membership pack that caters best for their fans who live so far away that they can't get to any home games?
most clubs have non ticketed members.. :?

as for your tribute to the bunnies... thats quite a chip you have on your shoulder...... :crazy:

BrisVegas

Juniors

Brisbane have released a "Bellow the Border" membership for NSW based fans that can't make it to Lang Park for home games.

The $80 Bellow the Border Membership includes tickets to:

Round 5 – Sydney Roosters v Brisbane Broncos (SFS)

Round 11 – Wests Tigers v Brisbane Broncos (Campbelltown)

Round 16 – Parramatta Eels v Brisbane Broncos (Parramatta Stadium)

Other teams with a significant Sydney based fan base (Warriors, Storm) should look at doing something similar.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Brisbane have released a "Bellow the Border" membership for NSW based fans that can't make it to Lang Park for home games.

The $80 Bellow the Border Membership includes tickets to:

Round 5 – Sydney Roosters v Brisbane Broncos (SFS)

Round 11 – Wests Tigers v Brisbane Broncos (Campbelltown)

Round 16 – Parramatta Eels v Brisbane Broncos (Parramatta Stadium)

Other teams with a significant Sydney based fan base (Warriors, Storm) should look at doing something similar.

St George should do something similar for QLD fans

ouwet

Bench
I've taken out a Bulldog membership with 3 mates.

Bulldogs now at 5523, 35% Increase on last season. Not bad for the wooden spooners.;-)

well.

i sent in a money order in JANUARY

and am yet to receive anything from cronulla sutherland.
season starts saturday.

this from a club trying to boost membership.

jokers.