What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Player Profiles

Frederick

Staff member
Hasn't been given the honour of a mug shot on the website though. Still, it doesn't seem to mean anything seeing Wes, Aku and Mika don't (as yet) have their profiles on there either.
He does have his own mugshot (as do the others mentioned), his profile just hasn't been done yet. Edwards is definitely in the full time squad though

roopy

Referee
Luckily we know we have Stig, wyborn, Tetevano. Pearson, Osbourne, Papamou and hopefully a few others to be added, or i'd be very worried.

I'm trying to think of another prop or two - Tupou, Ailoami, Garbutt and McHattan seems like a very young and inexperienced prop rotation for us to be counting on.

aqua_duck

Coach
Prop rotation will be a problem, but I can't wait to see our backline

ENglish
Mata'utia
Papamau
Williams
Hunt
Edwards
Naiqama

Haha talk about spot the white kid

roopy

Referee
Mata'utai
Edwards
Williams
English
Papamau
stig
Pearson
Garbutt
Osbourne
Tupou
Tetavano
Cordner
Cook

Aoiloami (i should learn how to spell that)
McHattan
Fruen
Wyborn

aqua_duck

Coach
How about:

1.Mata'utia
2.Edwards
3.Hunt
4.Williams
5.English
6.Stig
7.Pearson
8.Garbutt
9.Osbourne
10.Tupou
11.Mika
12.Tetevano
13.Cook

14.McHattan
15.Ailaomai
16.Cordner
17.Freuen

Papamau pending treatment

rest of squad:
Naiqama
Lamb
Wyborn
Malborough
Leuluai
Morseau
Dargan
Hilton
McMillan
Hilton

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
good side, but you forgot Boss - who i think must be a halfback and the one Pika says is going OK.
Pearson hasn't really impressed, so i hope so.
I don't think much of Hunt so far - so he will need a big off season to be better than someone like Lamb, who might not be fast, but he was safe as houses in NSW cup and has played for NSW at an under 17 level.

girvie

Staff member
Shaun Boss played for Parramatta SG Ball last year. Second row or prop. He played for Central Coast junior reps before that.

macavity

Referee
I don't think much of Hunt so far - so he will need a big off season to be better than someone like Lamb, who might not be fast, but he was safe as houses in NSW cup and has played for NSW at an under 17 level.

Lamb should be better this year - injured and (badly) bashed last year.

Pika

Bench
Kevin is the halfback.

Lock Ford in for fullback, he has been great.

Boss is in the mix, one of the few people at 100kg who can handle prop. Fearless.

Ben Toupu may make the prop spot, he is slowly getting in shape.

Papamau will need some work if we are to see him this year.

He has been throuh a lot and yet to do a training session. He is in poor shape.

If he can get sorted we may see him mid season.

Edwards has not done a session, he is a mid season prospect as well.

I think Marlborough if fit can push Manny for hooker, and Wyborn is also performing well there.

Pearson concerns me greatly. Never seen a grown man sook like he does when he gets frustrated in the wrestle.......

roopy

Referee
Ford is an interesting player.
Every game last year he showed new skills - but he also showed he can make some horrendous mistakes.
If he has added some bulk and strength he needs people to follow him when he runs because he had a massive potential to offload with his spiderman arms last year, and a bit of strength to stand in a tackle more and he will offload every time.

Pika

Bench
Which toyota cup player would you say has impressed you most in pre season

Apart from those training in NRL, I would say Boss, Ford and a kid called Cruise (not sure of his last name). Kid is a talent, not sure if he has the size......

And the half back down from Gold Coast Kevin, he has looked sharp as well.

roopy

Referee
a kid called Cruise (not sure of his last name). Kid is a talent, not sure if he has the size......

Is that Kruise Wilson (i suppose it has to be - how many kid's named Kruise are there?)
He was at the Storm last year, but didn't play NYC.
fleggandball006.jpg

He is my least favourite player - don't know why - he just strikes me as up himself.

Frederick

Staff member
Is that Kruise Wilson (i suppose it has to be - how many kid's named Kruise are there?)
He was at the Storm last year, but didn't play NYC.
fleggandball006.jpg

He is my least favourite player - don't know why - he just strikes me as up himself.
You're just jealous that he has alllllllll that hair :lol:

Latest posts