What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

sevenel_mx

Juniors
Sometimes I dont know what these designers are thinking though.

How is the design process constructed, is it purely through a professional designer or passed through the clubs boards e.t.c?

Dragon Dave

Bench
Sometimes I dont know what these designers are thinking though.

How is the design process constructed, is it purely through a professional designer or passed through the clubs boards e.t.c?

I think the Dragons marketing and merchandise departments would give the 'geniuses' at Reebok a brief on what they are looking for. Reebok would have a go at several designs and then it would come down to the Dragons deciding which design they like and making any alterations needed.

That being said, it makes you wonder how they came up with THAT as their final choice.

Tom Ace

Bench
The brief is generally given from the client, the design team interprets it and designs accordingly then goes back to the client with some options, they probably tweak it further based on feedback, which could happen several times, then they finally arrive at what the client wants.

Trust me, St. Merge wouldn't have OK'd this if they didn't want it. It's on their heads.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The only thing you could hope is that it's a Charity Shield jersey, but the CS jersey normally has St George Foundation on it, so I wouldn't be holding my breath.

hellteam

First Grade
*gets page*

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=349036

photo.jpg

The design of the Dragons away kind of reminds me of Bolton's Premier League jersey, which makes sense because they are also sponsored by Reebok.

Queensland jersey looks alright, nothing that special but at least it has a collar :D

STG-Dragon

Juniors
somehow I dont think that will be the jersey, They did the same thing on the website when we got rid of Globe as sleeve sponsors and just did a dodgy photoshop job to keep the sponsors happy.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it will be different.
f**ken hope so lol

It looks photoshopped to me also.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Why do clubs not have a vote by the fans? We all have the interwebz ffs!

You get the fans thinking about your club at membership time and you get a jersey they like.

And I'm annoyed by the Qld jersey - looks to ordinary, like the Irish CCC or any other. The last one was also CCC but it looked diferent.

EDIT: As for the dragons jersey - it could be worse:
splash.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I know this isn't an official actual jersey, but it's the Doggies new training gear, modelled by Steve Turner from this weeks RLW. I think it looks great.

Credit to bnw website for the scan.

steveturner1.jpg

Coaster

Bench
Got the first Titans Jumper on the coast today, they were supposed to have boxes of them somehow they only delivered one, and it was decided it was mine Bahaha

IMG_0296.jpg

Tight as hell, maybe ive been drinking too much in the offseason

Well, at least St George may actually wear their home jersey for all their home games now! Really, we should only need the alternate for games vs Canterbury, and even that is a stretch!

Knightmare

Coach
The design of the Dragons away kind of reminds me of Bolton's Premier League jersey, which makes sense because they are also sponsored by Reebok.

Queensland jersey looks alright, nothing that special but at least it has a collar :D

The Maroons jersey looks better than the ones they've worn over the past few years. At least it's all Maroon for starters. As a side note, do you think Qld would change their jersey design if they hadn't won a series in that template? Random question.

Latest posts