What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yup, you can tell when a game is played in sydney...by the empty crowd.

48516 BRI v NQL @ Suncorp
42269 BRI v STG @ Suncorp
42233 BRI v PEN & CBY v GCO @ Suncorp
40168 BRI v GCO @ Suncorp
37773 CBY v STG @ ANZ
36212 STG v SYD @ SFS
34662 CBY v PAR @ ANZ
32338 BRI v NZW @ Suncorp
31991 PAR v CBY @ ANZ
30685 WST v SOU @ SCG

Top ten crowds this year - five each per state.

Admittedly higher in QLD (less competition in the market obviously) but what a dumb statement to make that a stadium is empty because it's in Sydney. Some Suncorp crowds this year have been less than half capacity.

adamkungl

Immortal
Actually the Titans Sands membership is very reasonable and I think the corners are a great place to view league (my opinion). If I can remember last night's game, these parts of the stadium had loads of empty seats.
Prices:</B>

Adult$186Concession$154Junior$106Family (1 Adult & 1 Junior)$239Family (2 Adults & 2 Juniors)$478

You're crazy

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
48516 BRI v NQL @ Suncorp
42269 BRI v STG @ Suncorp
42233 BRI v PEN & CBY v GCO @ Suncorp
40168 BRI v GCO @ Suncorp
37773 CBY v STG @ ANZ
36212 STG v SYD @ SFS
34662 CBY v PAR @ ANZ
32338 BRI v NZW @ Suncorp
31991 PAR v CBY @ ANZ
30685 WST v SOU @ SCG

Top ten crowds this year - five each per state.

Admittedly higher in QLD (less competition in the market obviously) but what a dumb statement to make that a stadium is empty because it's in Sydney. Some Suncorp crowds this year have been less than half capacity.

More people live in Sydney than in the entirety of Queensland yet you guys can't even get 40'000 to one match involving any combination of your 10 teams? It's a sh*t effort, no two ways about it.

Brutus

Referee

What's the lowest Suncorp NRL crowd this season?

user_nat

Coach
What's the lowest Suncorp NRL crowd this season?

25k against the Knights, which was at the peak of our horrible form.

25k against the always low drawing Sharks also and 26k against the Roosters on a Monday. Other 7 were over 30k.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
More people live in Sydney than in the entirety of Queensland yet you guys can't even get 40'000 to one match involving any combination of your 10 teams? It's a sh*t effort, no two ways about it.
Exactly what competition do the Broncos face in relation to drawing crowds? There's no other RL team in the city for a start, AFL rarely clashes with it, there's never anything else actually happening in Brisbane.

The market is ridiculously crowded in Sydney. You guys look at individual attendances to practice your oneupmanship, but if you look at round aggregrates between Brisbane and Sydney you'd see we have far more people attending RL down here, just across a range of games rather than one.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Exactly what competition do the Broncos face in relation to drawing crowds? There's no other RL team in the city for a start, AFL rarely clashes with it, there's never anything else actually happening in Brisbane.

The market is ridiculously crowded in Sydney. You guys look at individual attendances to practice your oneupmanship, but if you look at round aggregrates between Brisbane and Sydney you'd see we have far more people attending RL down here, just across a range of games rather than one.

How many away fans travel to Broncos games? Compare that to Sydney where opposing teams play out the same stadium... 25'000 for the home team and 15'000 'away' fans from the next suburb across and bam there's 40'000 but you can't even manage that. It's amazing tbh.

Timmah

Staff member
How many away fans travel to Broncos games? Compare that to Sydney where opposing teams play out the same stadium... 25'000 for the home team and 15'000 'away' fans from the next suburb across and bam there's 40'000 but you can't even manage that. It's amazing tbh.

Good job at ignoring everything that I said :thumb

Completely different sporting landscapes. If Brisbane had 8 teams, do you think you'd get 30-40k crowds to each game?

Teddyboy

First Grade
whilst I will admit we haven't been setting the world on fire with our crowd numbers this year, considering we have been pretty much been challenging for the wooden spoon for the last 3 years straight, I think you should lay off on the people up here. Not many teams would be getting the crowds we get considering how sh*thouse a team we are.
But what else is there to do up there esp when it comes to sport.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Support for a NRL team is never constant be it through the season or through the years.You might get 2 or 3 good years of crowds for say Penrith then they drop off or/and you might get 2 or 3 good crowds for Manly in the season and then they drop off.
Is it a bandwagon thing or what.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Good job at ignoring everything that I said

Completely different sporting landscapes. If Brisbane had 8 teams, do you think you'd get 30-40k crowds to each game?

What you said was irrelevant. If Brisbane had more teams we'd have a lower average and a higher aggregate. It doesn't mean sh*t. Not to mention you go one about one-town-teams and then completely ignore the away team crowd boosts that every Sydney team gets. That's just being one-eyed.

If you think this is purely grandstanding by a Broncos fan then you're missing the point completely. I couldn't give a f**k about our crowds, I just care about the game.

Billythekid

First Grade
Lets hope tomorrow we can see close to 40K people. Hopefully the media haven't overinflated the crowd yet again.

23298 I think I heard at ANZ.

Good crowd. Still i would like to think we could get bigger crowds for this fixture in the future. Two big Sydney sides facing should be aiming for 30K+ especially when they are in form (or in souths case fighting to keep their season alive).

7510 @ Cronulla

About what i expected. Cronulla must be struggling financially with these sort of crowds.