What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Good start to the week.

Titans v Cowboys and Broncos v Eels next week should mean a couple more good crowds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tigers v Penrith @ Campbelltown will get a full house next weekend, as will Saints v Manly on Monday night provided the weather is ok. QLD isn't the only place generating good crowds.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Shame the Cowboys and Titans fans didn't come out more often.
Saying that when the Titans came back into the comp back in 2007 there crowds at Carrara were mostly around the 17000 mark so maybe we are expecting to much too soon with the Titans.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Shame the Cowboys and Titans fans didn't come out more often.
Saying that when the Titans came back into the comp back in 2007 there crowds at Carrara were mostly around the 17000 mark so maybe we are expecting to much too soon with the Titans.

whilst I will admit we haven't been setting the world on fire with our crowd numbers this year, considering we have been pretty much been challenging for the wooden spoon for the last 3 years straight, I think you should lay off on the people up here. Not many teams would be getting the crowds we get considering how sh*thouse a team we are.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Call me a pessimist but I'd like to know the reasons behind the Titans not selling the other 8000 seats at last night's game? Is it the economy there?

If a game deserved 25,000 plus it was this one against the Eels. I don't know what more the Titans need to do to as they have shown their credentials over the last 3 weeks to be genuine title challengers.

Great team
Great stadium

Frailty

First Grade
The issue at Skilled Park is the price they charge...

Well above any other NRL home game to my knowledge.

MightyBronco

Juniors
The issue at Skilled Park is the price they charge...

Well above any other NRL home game to my knowledge.

A HUGE factor. A few Brisbane based Titans fans (and families) i know, are very turned off by the prices. The have no qualms hoping on an hour long train ride down to the game, but shirk at the exorbitant pricing.

Also the newness has washed away with the Titans. The thing with the Gold Coast is the real locals are so stoned all the time that they get quite apathetic.

So for the time being i can see Titans crowds staying about the same.

applesauce

Bench
Prices for the Coast are crazy!

It is pushing $100 for 1 adult and 1 child for tickets only (centrefield)!

$606 for the best membership (Broncos best is $460 and have a better stadium). The Titans need to be careful not to price themselves out of the market. The Suns best memberships will be around $300 and have parking at the stadium to make it easier and more comfortable to get to and from games.

Red Bear

Referee
You would imagine that once the ground has actually been paid for tickets might start to drop, not to mention that it isnt so much the current generation of fans, its the next generation that the Titans should hopefully take hold of in order to boost their numbers. Let the side become established before being too critical.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Actually the Titans Sands membership is very reasonable and I think the corners are a great place to view league (my opinion). If I can remember last night's game, these parts of the stadium had loads of empty seats.
Prices:</B>

Adult$186Concession$154Junior$106Family (1 Adult & 1 Junior)$239Family (2 Adults & 2 Juniors)$478

Timmah

Staff member
Reasonable?

The same seats for a Bulldogs membership at ANZ Stadium are $95 for the season.

186 is PISSWEAK.

Timmah

Staff member
Not surprising.

Parra and Manly have both dropped the ball big time with these GF rematch opportunities. A bit of marketing and putting a rocket under their own fans about the way the Storm won the 09 and 07 titles would've bought more through the gates but it seems they missed that opportunity.

I know weather can always be used as an excuse but fair dinkum, Manly's position in September isn't yet safe and what better way to watch them fight for that than to beat the Storm?

Disappointing indeed.