What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_matt

Juniors
Thanks Dutchy - before you make an accusation like that perhaps you might undertake some research of my contributions here including the TRL discussion which I have been running.

I am not the only one who has accused Big Matty of being a troll.

I suggest you check your facts before you make an accusation like that mate!

Im afraid you are the only one who calls me a troll. Timmah said he thought i was an afl fan but then apologised. The only one calling me a troll is you.

Back to the crowds. The 16k at gold coast is pretty poor but i thought when i saw the start on tv it would be even less than that. Like someone else said that type of rain shouldnt reduce a crowd too much. Cant have been people at the beach reducing the crowd either if it was raining.

Overall i think every crowd has been lower than most people predicted which is a worry but hopefully it picks up as the season moves forward. Hoping storm crowds will be much bigger this year in the new ground.

m0nty

Juniors
12,516 to average 20k. But to beat last year's R1 total, the crowd has to hit 21k on the dot. The equivalent Tigers home match last year managed 17,392.

Edit: officially 23,149 at the Rabbitohs game, not 23,500. So that makes 12,867 to average 20k and 21,351 to beat the 2009 R1 total.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
Im afraid you are the only one who calls me a troll. Timmah said he thought i was an afl fan but then apologised. The only one calling me a troll is you.

Back to the crowds. The 16k at gold coast is pretty poor but i thought when i saw the start on tv it would be even less than that. Like someone else said that type of rain shouldnt reduce a crowd too much. Cant have been people at the beach reducing the crowd either if it was raining.

Overall i think every crowd has been lower than most people predicted which is a worry but hopefully it picks up as the season moves forward. Hoping storm crowds will be much bigger this year in the new ground.
Well I will give you the benefit of the doubt then - and then sit back and watch you continue to make negative comments about the great game - as you do!

mattyg

Bench
rubbish crowd at souths v roosters. 2 big rivals on a fairly nice sunday arvo and they only manage 23,000. In comparison the bulldogs pulled 18,000 against an out of town team at 5.30pm on a saturday evening with rain looming all day. I thought the dogs crowd was slightly dissapointing but deadset souths should have easily of cracked 30,000.

big_matt

Juniors
Well I will give you the benefit of the doubt then - and then sit back and watch you continue to make negative comments about the great game - as you do!

Thanks. And the maon megative thing ive been talking about on here is poor crowds. Imo thats hardly an outrageous statement in a weekend of very poor crowds. Any negativity i have is frustration at poor marketing etc which is resulting in said poor crowds. I appreciate you deciding to let me post here without the troll reply to my every post. Look through my 150 odd posts if you want and you'll find plenty positive ones. Imo just because its a great game doesnt mean we cant criticise it, and i would find it hard to be positive about the crowds thus far.

elbusto

Coach
Thanks. And the maon megative thing ive been talking about on here is poor crowds. Imo thats hardly an outrageous statement in a weekend of very poor crowds. Any negativity i have is frustration at poor marketing etc which is resulting in said poor crowds. I appreciate you deciding to let me post here without the troll reply to my every post. Look through my 150 odd posts if you want and you'll find plenty positive ones. Imo just because its a great game doesnt mean we cant criticise it, and i would find it hard to be positive about the crowds thus far.
Then I suggest you learn the meaning of positive - this season will start with crowds in excess of 160000. Thats positive,

Every contribution you have made to this thread has been negative.

The fact is that the crowds were fairly predictable and were pretty good.

As for the Gold Coast - the NRL schedule the games in the evening or forget it. Why anybody would go to the footy on a Sunday afternoon up there is beyond me.

ByRd

First Grade
That souths crowd is a terrible effort, all the hype and media attention they have had and playing against their biggest rivalry to only get 23k is a big disappointment.

That Titans crowd is also a bit disappointing but considering the weather and their ticket prices it is not surprising.

Hopefully the tigers/eagles game can crack the 20k mark to give us a respectable rnd one average.

user_nat

Coach
I find it hard to believe there was 16k at the Titans, looked like more empty seats than people.

Souths crowd is also disappoint, but still.. second best crowd of the weekend.

Really, the whole average would be embarrassing without the Broncos. (I'm bias though)

big_matt

Juniors
Then I suggest you learn the meaning of positive - this season will start with crowds in excess of 160000. Thats positive,

Every contribution you have made to this thread has been negative.

The fact is that the crowds were fairly predictable and were pretty good.

As for the Gold Coast - the NRL schedule the games in the evening or forget it. Why anybody would go to the footy on a Sunday afternoon up there is beyond me.

If you think the crowds were 'pretty good', i respect your opinions but completely disagree. Souths crowd was pathetic (as everyone else has said) and the 16k average has more to do with broncos 50k than anything else. I would say the opposite and say the crowds are poor this week. If thats negative so be it. I'm positive about the product on the field etc but just cant find positives in these crowd figures. Sorry.

elbusto

Coach
If you think the crowds were 'pretty good', i respect your opinions but completely disagree. Souths crowd was pathetic (as everyone else has said) and the 16k average has more to do with broncos 50k than anything else. I would say the opposite and say the crowds are poor this week. If thats negative so be it. I'm positive about the product on the field etc but just cant find positives in these crowd figures. Sorry.
Apology accepted.

S.R.

Juniors
Sharks and Penrith numbers are disappointing.

It started pissing down rain just as the 20s kicked off at Cronulla. Walk up sales would have been minimal I'd say.

Having said that, I thought there would have been more pre-sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.