What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If the NRL is happy being a popular TV sport then it must do something about games being played with empty and half full stadiums as it does not come over well on TV and to the outsider they may think Australian Rugby League is not popular in it's own country.

Correct brother,the first thing people notice when watching a new sport for the first time is how many people are in the stadium,if this game was being broadcast around the world it would be extremely embarrasing

Shire Panther

Juniors
Looks like Willie was being kind to the Roosters when he said 7000.
So the Roosters have been in the comp for over 100yrs yadda yadda yadda that means that they have had the longest to get supporters? well where the hell are they???????

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You do realise there are two levels beneath ANZ Stadium right?

Shire Panther

Juniors
So the Roosters could announce tonight's crowd was 25k and nobody would verify it?
Hire a photographer like Penrith did to catch the frauds out but the crowd will be something like 10k the Roosters will claim most supporters were in the TAB or the toilets or getting food all at the same time:sarcasm:

Billythekid

First Grade
If the NRL is happy being a popular TV sport then it must do something about games being played with empty and half full stadiums as it does not come over well on TV and to the outsider they may think Australian Rugby League is not popular in it's own country.

Most clubs crowds are on the rise and so are their season ticket holders. There are only a few clubs lagging behind.

I don't think the NRL really needs to do much. I think if anything we have learned this year it's the clubs who need to be more proactive. If the roosters and sharks want to survive and thrive as a club than they need to increase memberships and get more people through the gate.

I'd say sub-3k myself.

This is basically what i was thinking. I don't know if i have ever seen a worse crowd and it just looks embarrasing in that stadium.

It's a pitiful effort.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
So the answer to my question is that clubs can indeed make up any crowd figure and get away with it,if that is the case why do we bother with this thread?

If Roosters were to come out and say 8-9k for tonight's game wouldn't this thread be useless from now on?

TheDalek079

Bench
last year there was an article which looked at reported crowds compared to the crowds listed somewhere else (stadium books??). Anyway, Easts wasn't one of the clubs caught out

flamin

Juniors
So the answer to my question is that clubs can indeed make up any crowd figure and get away with it,if that is the case why do we bother with this thread?

If Roosters were to come out and say 8-9k for tonight's game wouldn't this thread be useless from now on?
If they say the crowd is more than it is then they'd be getting taxed on made up people who never bought a ticket.

Timmah

Staff member
I can't believe people call for Cronulla to be punted when teams like the Roosters are getting such pitiful crowds like this. At least the Sharks have drawn in excess of 10,000 every match so far...

Timmah

Staff member

Yeah, let's stop following crowds because one team might be fudging them, and we're not allowed to have a crowd watch thread. WTF? :lol:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I can't believe people call for Cronulla to be punted when teams like the Roosters are getting such pitiful crowds like this. At least the Sharks have drawn in excess of 10,000 every match so far...

Exactly,the Sharks game against the Eels got over 13k and the Sharks had 13 losses in a row up until that game

Can you imagine if the Roosters had 13 losses in a row,they wouldn't get 500 people to the game

Sharks> Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.