What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffo

Referee
that is the most embarrasing crowd figure i have ever seen. hahah

you must've missed most of the 80s and 90s. Happened regularly for most teams

I remember going to a Souths v Roosters derby at the SFS 10-12 years ago that got 9,000 people. How times have changed

I think people should get a hobby. Everyone knew this game was going to draw a crapola crowd. How many do you think Souths, Parramatta, Cronulla or Penrith would've got to the same game given the same circumstances? Not many more, lets be honest. Maybe 2-3k more max

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Roosters should take any home game vs the Cowboys on the road. Play it at Gosford, Suncorp, Gold Coast, South Island New Zealand, Perth, Port Moresby - anywhere!

we don't want them! They couldn't be ar5ed to turn up to functions and kids coaching when they were last in Perth, let them die a slow and painful death.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sooks...we all knew this would draw a sh*t crowd. And we all know Roosters will have a better average than a bunch of clubs come round 26.

bring on the hate.

mattyg

Bench
lets face it roosters aren't even going that bad. They were coming off a win and the SFS is probably the most easily accessible stadium in Sydney for MNF...everybody finishing work in the city and then the stadium is practically next door. Even though it was against the cowboys it shoulda pulled 10k at least. Disgraceful crowd really...no surprise they are the first team involved in sub 10k crowds even when they aren't going half bad. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they have 6,000 season ticket holders last year?? hahaha where did they all go. With 6k ticket holders you should be getting 12k to the worst of fixtures tbh.

40/20

Juniors
we don't want them! They couldn't be ar5ed to turn up to functions and kids coaching when they were last in Perth, let them die a slow and painful death.
My god you are tiresome on and on with your same old sh*t
I also live in Perth but unlike you i would be greatful for any team to play games here let alone relocate here,But you seem like some petulant child always moaning and complaning get this through your thick skull sh*thead the NRL owe us nothing
and if any club was to relocate here you should support it if you are a real fan

MsStorm

Bench
Bit disappointing really, but I will give them some slack because it was a Monday night game.

Judging by the telly, the crowd they posted looked about right.

taipan

Referee
Hell no.Not Easter Suburbs Sharks.Even when the Sharks have low crowds 9,000 is about the mark and that is while they are down.The Roosters are at least up the ladder and draw sh*t.
Central Qld Roosters both on the East Coast of Oz.Has a nice ring to it.Unfortunately not much latte drinking,but plenty of XXXX.:shock:

Evenflow

Bench
The crowd looked about 6k on the TV. No fudging, just an honest, crapola crowd.

You must have one of those special tv's that show the opposite side of the ground to everyone else Brutus because my tv sure as sh*t didn't show anywhere near that amount of people. More like about 1k on the side i could see.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
When the Roosters/Knights game gets 15-16k this weekend dumb Roosters fans better not come in here and gloat about the crowd figure because 90% of that crowd will be central coast people who came along for the ride and Knights supporters.

adamkungl

Immortal
When the Roosters/Knights game gets 15-16k this weekend dumb Roosters fans better not come in here and gloat about the crowd figure because 90% of that crowd will be central coast people who came along for the ride and Knights supporters.

What if they're Central Coast Roosters fans?

Red Bear

Referee
Last nights crowd was sh*thouse, but I think in a way it shows how important memberships are.

Take Parra for example. Few weeks back when they lost to the Raiders on a monday night they got 15k, a surprising figure. They are of course around 10K in membership numbers (im thinking) after a huge increase in membership sign ups and support following a stellar back end to last season.

Compare that to the chooks. Coming off their worst year in recent history, not just from a playing point of view but also off field matters. Coming off 5 years with only 1 finals appearance. Essentially, running into this season, they had no momentum with which to build memberships.

Fortunately they are playing reasonably well this year and in the past they have drawn well in good years and coming off good seasons (see the Fittler era), so who knows, maybe they can improve and give there membership numbers a boost by winning a bit of faith back in the club.

Monday night and the Cowboys being the opposition does not help much.

So in short, bad crowd, should've done better, but not too unexpected and it least it shows that memberships are working.

As for this weekend, should be a bumper one for crowds.

Canterbury vs St George Illawarra - 30k
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 45k
Easts vs Newcastle - 18k
NZ vs Nth Qld - 14k
Canberra vs Melbourne - 16k
Wests Tigers vs Souths - 25k
Cronulla vs Penrith - 15k (I hope)
Manly vs Parra - 16k

total - 179k ave 22 375

maybe a bit optimistic with Canberra

Canterbury vs St George Illawarra - 32k
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 48k
Easts vs Newcastle - 15k
NZ vs Nth Qld - 14k
Canberra vs Melbourne - 13k
Wests Tigers vs Souths - 28k
Cronulla vs Penrith - 15k
Manly vs Parra - 16k

Total: 181k, average 22 625

well.

whats the forecast for sydney on sunday?
pennys fans usually turn out at the sharks. theyve been going well. sharks have conceeded just 6 points in their last 2 home fixtures. home fans will turn out if its not f**kING RAINING!

go the sharks!

Status
Not open for further replies.