What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 fixtures

Mickyd39

Juniors
does anyone know when the NRL will announce the actual days and times we will playing in 2010.

the reason i ask is that we play the cowboys in round 7 next year and want to plan a trip up there. they earlier i can book a flight the cheaper.

it is great trip up to Townsville. i have done it on the few occassions we have played up there, it is a great time at the footy in Townsville.

2008 was not much fun. we were very average that night.

if you can make the trip, i would highly recommend it.

PARRA 2010.

Nikki

Coach
Im definately going next year. When I get back to work next week I will discuss with the boss as they have cheap airfares atm. I will probably just fly up on Thurs or Friday and come back Tuesday. Will be exy but hopefully worth it.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Im definately going next year. When I get back to work next week I will discuss with the boss as they have cheap airfares atm. I will probably just fly up on Thurs or Friday and come back Tuesday. Will be exy but hopefully worth it.

there is great hotel up there, the Mercure Inn, it is cheap and really nice and on game day a bus comes through and picks you up and takes you to the game.

Nikki

Coach
I'll have to check it out. Only been to Townsville once before and stayed at the Sugar Shaker (Holiday Inn)

Parra Guru

Coach
The suncorp game is tempting for me but I doubt I will be able to afford any interstate games next year.

The Skilled Park /Suncorp Double is going to be great. Would be nice to do a Sunday backed up to a Friday and tour around SE Queensland for a week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fixtures for the first five rounds are set to be announced early-mid November. Rounds 6 and 7 are usually announced the Tuesday or Wednesday following Round 1, 8 and 9 following round 2, and so on until about Round 10 or 11 from memory, then it slows down.

I wish they'd do them all at once :fist:

Mickyd39

Juniors
Fixtures for the first five rounds are set to be announced early-mid November. Rounds 6 and 7 are usually announced the Tuesday or Wednesday following Round 1, 8 and 9 following round 2, and so on until about Round 10 or 11 from memory, then it slows down.

Thanks Timmah.

oldmancraigy

Coach

But but but - if they did them all at once, then channel 9 won't be able to whinge and wheeze about the games they get to show...

They need to get a bit more professional about it.

Just announce the whole draw early on - make sure each team gets at least 2 Friday night games, and make it as fair as possible in terms of Sunday afternoon games etc etc. Then publish the thing, and everyone can make plans!

But that would mean telling 9 and FOX what games they were going to be showing...

born an eel

Bench
But that would mean telling 9 and FOX what games they were going to be showing...
there are already 2 games on a Friday night, so they get to choose the best to play live and do the same for a Sunday, let them choose the one they want to show. Fox can also pick the order of games on a Saturday and who wants Monday night football anyway.

Nikki

Coach
I hope to do the Suncorp/Skilled double too. Am thinking long and hard about NZ.. July is effing cold over there.. Will only go if theres a group of us.

bartman

Immortal

I thought talk was they were going to announce all the days at the start of the year this time...?

Disappointing if that rumour was not true, or if it has to wait until after 2012 and the new TV rights deal for some reason :(

The Qld double will be great next year. Seriously hoping to do it.

We won't get fully scheduled seasons until a new media deal is done as the current 6 week window is part of the existing deal, I believe.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I thought talk was they were going to announce all the days at the start of the year this time...?

Disappointing if that rumour was not true, or if it has to wait until after 2012 and the new TV rights deal for some reason :(

Unfortunately just a rumour:

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10874/default.aspx?newsid=56837

Clubs will have until Friday November 6 to allocate their match venues. The NRL will then issue a draw with confirmed venues. Scheduling of match days and kick off times for the first five weeks of 2010 should be available by the end of November 2009.

eels bloke

Juniors
One thing's certain, Parra will play several Friday night fixtures next season, same with Brisbane.

razzman16

Juniors
At the NRL fan forum last year, this was brought up a lot. Everybody wants the NRL to do a full year schedule, but due to TV rights they wont do it. (until 2012 at least). A lot of people travel from the country, (myself included) each home game, and it is very hard to schedule travel arrangements when you can play anywhere from Friday to Monday. If you fly, it costs a bomb, and then there is work to consider. It is a bit of a joke considering the AFL schedule the whole season and it seems to work ok.

Latest posts