What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 NRL finals predictions, discussion, etc

abpanther

Staff member
So the finals have finally arrived and we have our top 8, to be honest this is the most open comp I can remember for a while, I feel like any of the top 7 could win it (jsut don't feel Manly can challenge with their injuries/suspensions).

So who ya got? Who do you see making the big day and who do you think will suffer a shock exit?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Hopefully Panthers v someone in the gf. Not confident with my predictions in such an open finals series.

Week 1:
Titans to beat Warriors
Tigers to beat Roosters
Raiders to beat Panthers
Dragons to beat Sea Eagles

Week 2:
Raiders to beat Warriors
Titans to beat Panthers

Week 3:
Titans to beat Tigers
Raiders to beat Dragons

Grand Final:
Titans to beat Raiders

That is my hope

abpanther

Staff member
I still dunno about the Titans, I know they have been solid throughout the season but I think when it comes to the finals you have to have an extra gear and plenty of points in your arsenal, just not sure about the Titans, I guess it's the same concern that I have with the Dragons.

Dragonwest

Juniors
I still dunno about the Titans, I know they have been solid throughout the season but I think when it comes to the finals you have to have an extra gear and plenty of points in your arsenal, just not sure about the Titans, I guess it's the same concern that I have with the Dragons.

What ever happened to the good old theory that finals are one with solid defence? Excluding tigers 05 and panthers 03 i'd say typically the best defending teams come out on top.

abpanther

Staff member
What ever happened to the good old theory that finals are one with solid defence? Excluding tigers 05 and panthers 03 i'd say typically the best defending teams come out on top.

What about last year? I know the Storm had a good defensive record but the Dragons were the number 1 defensive side in the comp, just didn't have enough points in them

ByRd

First Grade
My tips for week 1 of the finals:

Warriors
Tigers
Raiders
Dragons

Gaba

First Grade
What about last year? I know the Storm had a good defensive record but the Dragons were the number 1 defensive side in the comp, just didn't have enough points in them

This year

The dragons have enough points in them ,other teams defences which is struggling , where the dragons defence can handle the attack from other teams

the dragons have won more game by 13+ this year then any other side

dragons 12
Panthers 9
Roosters 7
Storm 7
warriors 6
Sea Eagles 6
Rabbitohs 6
Titans 5
Knights 5
Eels 5
Tigers 4
Bulldogs 4
Sharks 3
Cowboys 2

off the www.nrl.com.au

site

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah but stats don't tell the whole story, Dragons generally win big when they get in front early and grind the opposition into errors. When they fall behind early they sometimes struggle to score points. Just my observation.

What about the Warriors, are they for real? Can they win it??

Gaba

First Grade
Yeah but stats don't tell the whole story, Dragons generally win big when they get in front early and grind the opposition into errors. When they fall behind early they sometimes struggle to score points. Just my observation.

What about the Warriors, are they for real? Can they win it??

Lots of sides struggle when behind including panthers
Depends on how far they get behind

Warriors dont know

Last edited:
I'm just stoked we're in the finals after the debacle that was 2009 and this will be our 3rd finals match since the 2004 GF and also the first time we have made the finals without Brad Fittler as either a player or a coach.

Springs

First Grade
The only prediction I can make is that one or both of the Tigers or the Panthers to be kicked out in week 2. Also I do not doubt that two of the Roosters, Warriors or Raiders will make the preliminary finals.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Dragons should win on the back of their defence.
Titans to go out with 2 losses.
I'm iffy on the Tigers as long as Lui is there.
Roosters and Warriors are the wild cards.
Manly will certainly be gone this week.
Unsure about the Raiders, making the finals may just be enough for them to be satisfied, expect them to be gone this week.
Panthers my guess for a grand final appearance against the Dragons.

maple_69

Bench
Penrith have the firepower to come back from a deficit. We've come back from a 18 point halftime deficit and a 16 point deficit just last week. The matter for us is whether we can apply ourselves mentally after falling behind.
For any top 8 side, a 13+ point lead should equal a win 95% of the time.

I can't see the bottom 4 winning it but certainly they'll cause damage.
My favourites would be St George, Penrith and Titans, the three capable of stringing 3 together.

Sleep

Juniors
I did the ladder predictor and had the Tigers and Panthers going at it in the prelims as well as the Roosters and Dragons.

I can't be bothered explaining how I came to that conclusion but I like those match ups and that final four.

mxlegend99

Referee
Penrith have the firepower to come back from a deficit. We've come back from a 18 point halftime deficit and a 16 point deficit just last week. The matter for us is whether we can apply ourselves mentally after falling behind.
For any top 8 side, a 13+ point lead should equal a win 95% of the time.

I can't see the bottom 4 winning it but certainly they'll cause damage.
My favourites would be St George, Penrith and Titans, the three capable of stringing 3 together.
We can win from 18 down, but we've lost from 22 up aswell. :lol:

If we get rid of Adrian Purtell we won't have to worry about being down by 18 points or losing a 22 point lead - when we're getting carved up it's always him. In attack he's rarely doing anything. For mine we bring Coote back and drop him, then worry about who plays where. Ideally Gordon at centre, Coote at fullback. Tighe on the wing.

sarahk

Juniors
Warriors are very underrated. They're playing really well and i think they can go all the way.

Latest posts