What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 NRL finals predictions, discussion, etc

RHCP

Bench
Titans vs Tigers Grand Final. The Dragons won't choke until after they play Manly.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
http://www.footy.com.au/fts/finals_nrl.htm

I came up with this:

Week 1

Dragons def Manly
Penrith def Canberra
Roosters def Tigpies
Warriors def Titans

Week 2

Warriors def Tigpies
Titans def Roosters

Week 3

Dragons def Titans
Warriors def Penrith

GF Dragons vs Warriors

That would be a cracker of a game!

Iafeta

Referee
I would still rate Penrith and St George Illawarra as the most likely winners of the comp. Both teams, despite losing, appear to have been trying to change it up a little bit heading into the finals, EG Penrith have moved away from the huge reliance on kicking and are now a more rounded side.

The danger to upset the applecart is the Tigers. The problem for them is that eventually they have to beat a good defensive team who don't panic in attack. Benji preys on teams who shoot a defender out of the line and he uses his footwork to take the inside gap. The Titans on Friday night really didn't do that, and subsequently all his darting took him away from his forwards and he seemed more intent to play football in the front row rather than go north to south as the game is inclined towards. If he still had a Scott Prince alongside him I'd back him in, but he doesn't. In saying that, both the Tigers and the Roosters have the attack on the edges to win it, they just need to control things a little better and lock up the ball inside their own halves better and play a little more patient.

Penrith and Saints for me.

_Johnsy

Referee
Titans V Warriors
Panthers V Canberra
Tigers V Roosters = Toss of the coin, really struggling to seperate them. I am leaning towards the Roosters
Dragons V Manly

mongoose

Coach
Dragons vs Titans GF

Dragons will learn from last year. Wayne Bennet would be the best in the business getting teams over mental barriers...and thats all thats stopping st george.

Titans just have too much class. Prince, Campbell, Bird and Rogers are big game players add to that the most underrated player in the comp in Nathan Friend. Prince needs to be fit though

Dazraider

Juniors
Chance to win: Warriors Titans Tigers or Raiders
No Chance:Manly Roosters Dragons and Panthers

Dragons wont win it as they dont know how to play attacking footy against a side that can tackle which doesnt include souths.
Panthers wont win it as they rely on kicks and only flogged sides that are pretty woeful in souths and sharks.
Tigers can win the comp as they have the attack to come back in matches
Titans can win as they proven so many times this year they can bring back huge margins.
Roosters not capable of matching it with these remaining teams and wont win it
Warriors been consistent and are a real threat to take the title this year
Raiders if they keep there form up they can go all the way and should beat the panthers this week
Manly Gonnnnnneeeeeeeee
WArriors Titans Tigers or Raiders

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Chance to win: Warriors Titans Tigers or Raiders

Panthers wont win it as they rely on kicks and only flogged sides that are pretty woeful in souths and sharks.

LOL at you. We've not scored many tries off kicks recently. We have a more rounded game since Gordon moved to fullback.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I hope the Raiders beat the Panthers but I am not really expecting it. Still I hope the lads go up there full of confidence (but not too much) and make a good fist of it.

Amazing to even be in the finals. With Joel Thompson extending his contract the future is bright at canberra :D

I think Warriors, Raiders, Roosters and Tigers are the best shots to win.

Out of them I'd probably say Tigers, I believe Shines has still got it

_Johnsy

Referee
I know this much Canberra will not make the GF, the played their GF 3 weeks ago. They were average at best last week.

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
Dragons beating Manly is the only match-up I am confident about.

Who knows what will happen in the other 3.

I see an easy win against Manly, I am fairly confident we should handle any team in the 8 now that Bennett is running the show, even Canberra who have been a difficult team in the past I now see Wayne coming up with a good game plan should we have to play them again and I am confident of a win.

_Johnsy

Referee
I honestly cannot see an easy win for us, a win yes, but I dont think it will be anything but easy. I am sure Wayne & the players feel the same.

Normally i'm not too confident but this year with Bennett at the helm I am confident of singing "when the saints, go marching in" VERY soon.

I'll put my neck on the line

- Roosters out in straight sets (95% likelihood)
- Manly lose to the Dragons by less than 8 points (90%)
- Panthers out in straight sets (85%)
- Dragons in the Grand Final (100%)
- The Winner of Titans/Warriors in the Grand Final (90%)

Red Bear

Referee
Saints should win easily, bar their usual chanelling of Michael Hutchence around this time of year

Penrith Canberra is very hard to pick. Penrith missing petero and have only beaten Canterbury, Souths and Sharks in the last 9 games or so. Canberra may have peaked in the effort to get to the finals

Tigers Chooks again very difficult to pick, should be a very good game however.

I think the Warriors may just topple the Tits. Just a hunch

Latest posts