What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 R4 - Souths 38-16 Dogs @ ANZ, Easter Monday

Souths v Dogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galeforce

Bench
souths beat sharks easy and the souths performance still panned.
when was last time souths easily beat a side by 22 points and still panned?
I love this point which has been overlooked by all.
Souths can only improve and they will.
dogs are overated , and i believe Souths pack if they play to 90% potential can run riot over the dogs.
Sutton and Sandow if they play to 80% of their best will smash the bulldogs pair.
Souths outside backs can hold the bulldogs.
so comes down to pack , if souths get on top then gives the souths halfs opportunity to continue improvement. This i believe will happen , therefore i believe Souths are specials and bulldogs fans will be looking for excuses and scapegoats come tuesday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given your ten predictions in your signature I'll trust my own judgement first...

You guys have got it won, even before this game starts.

Just look at this bench with Crocker officially ruled out :?

14. Gedded
15. McPherson
17. Clark
18. GROSSMAN LOL!!!!!

Easy win for bulldogs... 13+

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Nice work trying to do a bit of reverse psychology on yourself and the team.

It'll be tough and I'm nervous, I'll say that much.

Timmah

Staff member
This will be very close and we're by no means certaintys. Tomorrow may very well be the day the Souths pack finally stands up to the pre-season hype. We're still weak up-front IMO and it might show this weekend.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I agree with you.

People say that last week was our time to hit form. I think this week it's the Rabbitohs turn and I'm not very confident.

Timmah

Staff member
Crocker being ruled out is a boost for us, however it doesn't mean we should be taking them lightly.

Timmah

Staff member
Turner will play.

Haven't heard anything about Patten. Source?

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Just some gossip going around other forums, the BDP etc. And both Nanai and JTK didn't play in the NSW Cup. Plus the Daily Telegraph reported that Turner is in doubt but should play.

So fingers crossed we're 1-17.

Timmah

Staff member
We've been confirmed as 1-17, Turner and Patten will play.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I would sit here and argue with you, but I have to go and watch the Bulldogs last few grand final wins on DVD.

Sadly, the last time the Dragons won a premiership such technology didn't exist.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I would sit here and argue with you, but I have to go and watch the Bulldogs last few grand final wins on DVD.

Sadly, the last time the Dragons won a premiership such technology didn't exist.

Well while you've got your hand on it, tell me this. Who 'owned' you in a more convincing manner, Souths or St. George. If this is too hard a question feel free to use 'both' as your answer.

Big Norm

gsweeper

Juniors
Rabbitohs played a near perfect game of football. I don't think there was much we could do. However, the attitude of some players is really poor this year. Early in the second have, dogs have a scrum feed, yet all the players are taking a sunday stroll to pack the scrum, from there I knew the game was gone.

We really aren't controlling the ruck, the Rabbitohs made way too many easy meters up the middle from offside defenders and markers, this really killed us tonight, something we really have to work on.

On the positive side of things, I thought our attack was pretty good. Although at times, things did not stick, I believe if the Bunnies didn't play to the level they played tonight, we would have scored at least another 2 or 3. I thought Idris had a solid game, his defense is still suspect but it is improving, good strong runs also, and i'm not going to criticize him on that pass after the break, I don't think he had much options. Barba again was outstanding, I wish they would give him more game time. Hannant was the only player that offered decent go forward. I don't know what else to say. Lack of discipline let us down today, but who knows we may put 60 on the warriors next week....we are playing such inconsistently, so frustrating :(

Sorry, had to get that out lol

Timmah

Staff member
We seemed to chance our hand and play better footy toward the back end but it was all too late. If we had some decent forwards and weren't missing six or seven injured players we probably would've been in a position to take it to Souths a bit more but that's life.

Like Kevvy I am a bit perplexed by the refereeing but when you defend as poorly as we did early in the game there's no point blaming them for our own shortcomings.