What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Warriors NYC Squad

jagz

Juniors
This is the squad listed in the 2010 yearbook

Thomas Ah Van (wing/centre)
Sheldon Brown (prop)
Gowan Duff (back row)
Sosaia Feki (centre/wing)
Glen Fisiiahi (wing/centre)
Kaleni Fraser (prop)
Simon Gibson (Standoff/centre)
Kane Hannam (Back Row)
Ben Henry (Back Row)
Sebastine Ikahihfo (Back Row)
Zensei Inu (Stand off)
Mark Loane (Prop)
Beau King (Prop)
Phillip Kingi (Hooker)
Jarome Kutia (Hooker)
Luke Laban (Prop)
Sunita Laiseni (WIng)
Ryan Laurenson (Back row)
Siuatonga Likilikii (Centre)
Samiuela Lousi (backrow/prop)
Elijah Niko (Utility)
Kenny Niko (Prop/back row)
Brandon Nixon (Wing)
Daniel Palavi (Prop)
John Palavi (Back Row)
Matthew Robinson (Back Row)
Sean Scott (Halfback)
Nafetali Seluini (Utility)
Omar Slaimankhel (Fullback/Wing)
Fess Sopoaga (Prop)
Lance Su'a-Poe (Prop)
James Te-Pou (Centre)
Donald Tony (Back Row)
Carlos Tuimavave (Stand off/fullback)
Bill Tupou (Wing)
Patrick Vaivai (Prop)
Afa Veatupu (Back Row)

Rich102

Staff member
Big squad jagz.
Add in:
Elijah Taylor (Lock)
Shaun Johnson (Halfback)
Alehana Mara (Hooker)
Charlie Gubb (Prop)
Marcel Ikinofo(Wing)
Siliva Havili (Hooker)
Michael Sio (Back row)
Henry Chan-Ting. (Fullback) -Love the name -
Nathan Stockman
Joe Mua (Centre/ Backrow)
Adaivi Henry
Mattaio Holtom
Allen Mulia (Fullback)
Cody McKinnon (Centre)
George Maka (Centre)
Ivan Penehe (Centre)
David Bhana (Prop)
Jordan Tuarae (Halfback)
Connor Mau'u
Neccrom Areaiiti (Prop)
Siro makatoa
and you have a squad with plenty of potential.

Let's hope Ackland can turn the potential into results on the field.

I understand Tupou, Taylor, Johnson, Likiliki and mara are all training with the NRL side.

Some big boys in there:
Samiuela Lousi 6'5" 110 Kg
Lance Su'a-Pou 6'5" 120Kg
Patrick Vaivai 17 years old. Bench presses 140Kg.

footy1

Juniors
A full-strength line-up would look something like this:

1. Nafe SELUINI
2. Elijah NIKO
3. Thomas AH VAN
4. Suiatonga LIKILIKI
5. Bill TUPOU
6. Shaun JOHNSON
7. Jordan TUARAE
8. Luke LABAN
9. Alehana MARA
10. Beau KING
11. Ben HENRY
12. Sebastian IKAHIHIFO
13. Elijah TAYLOR (C)

14. Jerome KUTIA
15. Neecrom AREAIITI
16. Matthew ROBINSON
17. Daniel PALAVI

Very strong side all over the park. Good halves in Shaun Johnson and Jordan Tuarae. They should do well. Look out for Johnson, Elijah Taylor, Suiatonga Likiliki, Ben Henry, Bill Tupou, Thomas Ah Van, Nafe Seluini and Alehana Mara.

PASSION

Juniors
Yes it looks like another good line up of new upcoming players. I was abit surprise with last years result for our under 20's though. Some VERY IMPRESSIVE PLAYERS. But our first year of under 20's did us proud. what was the different?? Would be good to hear from u. Under 20's in 2008 compared to 2009. 2008 got to the semi's and only just!!!!! missed in the dying seconds to get to the finals. 2009 they maintained Mara, Locke, Taylor and some of the others. Different halves. Different leaders. But not as good with their results.

The quality of players in both 2008/2009 for all the under 20 teams was quite high.

Comments?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Is Brandon Nixon related to former kiwi Mark Nixon? Donald Tony related to Motu? Carlos Tuimavave to the Tuimavave clan?

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
Donald is Motu's younger brother, by recollection. Not sure about the others.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yes it looks like another good line up of new upcoming players. I was abit surprise with last years result for our under 20's though. Some VERY IMPRESSIVE PLAYERS. But our first year of under 20's did us proud. what was the different?? Would be good to hear from u. Under 20's in 2008 compared to 2009. 2008 got to the semi's and only just!!!!! missed in the dying seconds to get to the finals. 2009 they maintained Mara, Locke, Taylor and some of the others. Different halves. Different leaders. But not as good with their results.

The quality of players in both 2008/2009 for all the under 20 teams was quite high.

Comments?

It comes down to the forwards. All you have to do is look at the players missing from the 2009 forward pack to see why we were so close in 2008.

8. Packer*
9. Pawley*
10. Ah Mau
11. Fai*
12. Matulino*
13. Taylor

14. Purcell*
15. Mara
16. Poching*

I get the feeling I missed someone.

Only 4 guys were there with any regularity, and you have to also factor in that Locke missed most of the NYC season in 2009 as well and while 2008 didn't have a great halves combo in O'Regan/John they were a consistent pairing that allowed our dominant forwards and match winning backs to cut loose.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
the mighty te atatu roosters beat the warriors u20s today in a trial

Te Atatu Roosters are my team to watch out for this year. Great young side. Shaun Metcalfe and Ralph AhVan to lead them.

I was wondering DH if the fullback is Phillip Pese? good mate of mine and has come over from yawnion. He has the skills to carve up in league.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
phillip came off the bench...didnt carve up, but didnt do anything wrong, was quick to the ball and had quite the step.

love te atatu, not just cause i came through the little leagues to prems with them, but cause just that, their prems are a team of locals, all except the 88 team, that won the national comp haha wich i was ball boy at the 88 world cup final at eden park haha suck it ora. they have under achieved and i looking at the boys and training with them they are ready and they are guns with ball in hand. hopefully georgie will lead them to a top 4 finish in the fox and all good from there

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Good to hear Philly is doing well. I know some of our boys tried to get him to come to Otahuhu this year but he rolls in the same circle of friends as Metcalfe and he eventually followed him to the Roosters. Good on him though.

Cant wait till we clash in April DH.

Skinner

Coach
phillip came off the bench...didnt carve up, but didnt do anything wrong, was quick to the ball and had quite the step.

love te atatu, not just cause i came through the little leagues to prems with them, but cause just that, their prems are a team of locals, all except the 88 team, that won the national comp haha wich i was ball boy at the 88 world cup final at eden park haha suck it ora. they have under achieved and i looking at the boys and training with them they are ready and they are guns with ball in hand. hopefully georgie will lead them to a top 4 finish in the fox and all good from there

Are you back in Auckland Hoe ??

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
just visiting family and catching up with the boys. fly out tomorrow.

great weather, great people