What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Australia 0 Germany 4 (Group D)

HevyDevy

Coach
Fact is we should not be losing 4-0 to Germany. They are NOT a four goal better side.

This is what is so frustrating. Despite the fact that we had a good handball shout disallowed and a very harsh red handed out, we were still lucky to only lose by four.

If we had put in a good, tough, professional display and gone down 1-0 or even 2-0, we would have understood. But that rabble of a performance - with dodgy selections and no logical game plan to speak of - deserves the contempt with which we have since spoken.

fish eel

Immortal
Fact is we should not be losing 4-0 to Germany. They are NOT a four goal better side.

This is what is so frustrating. Despite the fact that we had a good handball shout disallowed and a very harsh red handed out, we were still lucky to only lose by four.

If we had put in a good, tough, professional display and gone down 1-0 or even 2-0, we would have understood. But that rabble of a performance - with dodgy selections and no logical game plan to speak of - deserves the contempt with which we have since spoken.

they way we talked them up before the game, you'd think they were a 6 goal better team.

We were beaten before a ball was kicked.

HevyDevy

Coach
they way we talked them up before the game, you'd think they were a 6 goal better team.

That's the difference between Guus and Pim.

Guus would look for a way to win, Pim looks for excuses to lose.

fish eel

Immortal
What we'll never know is how Germany would have reacted if we took the game to them.

Not saying we'd beat them, but they're a young side, with inexperience and players who struggled for domestic form in key positions.

We never put the heat on them and allowed them to settle into the game and tournament.

Munky

Coach
I have never seen an Australian team go out and not try to win in any sport.

I just can't believe we played damage limitation from kick off.

it was a disgrace

however. cahills send off. straight red was harsh. wasnt needed for at eam already down 2 nil.

but yeah they were the suckiest bunchs of sucks that ever sucked

CC_Eagle

First Grade

Agreed.

We'll never know if Neil was told to say that, or whether he said it on his own accord. Either way, the white flag was raised before the anthem was played.

"Aussie spirit" my a*se.

What more can be said.
That performace set us back 10 years. The warning signs have been there all through the campaign, and nothing was done to rectify it.
To go to a world cup with only 3 recognised strikers, and one of which has recently had major injury, is absolutely farcical.
The excuse has been thrown around that we are not up to scratch...please.

One major difference is that this group doesnt seem to have any harmony, or self belief. Last world cup we had bucket loads of it.

Would love to see things turn around against Ghana, and right now the boys would be hurting bad, and wanting to get back on the park as soon as possible. I think a few of them have a few people to prove wrong, Pim being one of them.

Come on boys, dig deep!

Red Bear

Referee
It's almost like the attitude NSW is taking into origin, picking Scott in the centres. Essentially letting Qld know oh Inglis is too good, we only want to try and stop him. Negative mindsets do not work in pro sport generally.

lolesi

First Grade
no point adding my two cents.

i agree with both hybrid and fish_eel..

still furious over the result.. so embarrasing... losing to Germany isnt embarrasing.. its the way we played.