What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GF | PREMIERS - Sea Eagles 24-10 Warriors @ ANZ

2011 PREMIERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natheel

Coach
As much as I hate Manly, I think we all need to sit back and enjoy the fact that the Cheats did not figure in this year's Grand Final. It could have been worse.

I'd rather Melbourne win than manly tbh

I think a send off would have had a "direct effect" and a deliberate elbow to the head is a send off offence as far as I am aware.

Noa

First Grade
Well done Manly. Don't give a shit about this "tainted" premiership BS. A premiership is a premiership.

Having said that it's a massive shame that so many "what have been" moments have to do with inept refereeing rather than the players.

On the plus side the Warriors are a team on the rise, where as I believe Manly have reached their peek and are on the way down. Johnson, Locke, Taylor, Packer, Matulino - these guys will be better for that experience and will come back stronger.

And youll have a better coach I feel,

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Lyon scores.

It was a terrible grand final but Manly thoroughly deserved to win. People who are going about the refs are just having a cry. The Warriros did not play grand final football and turned up after 65 minutes when they were well behind. The better team on the day won.

Agree with everything except this. What's GF football? They tackled hard and took the ball up hard, so much that it required a quite audacious try on halftime to kick Manly clear. They couldn't have played more GF football if they tried. They were simply denied field position which gave them little chance of mounting pressure and scoring points.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'm as pissed as anyone about the reffing in the first half, but let's face it, Manly were the better team. I don't think they made an error in the second half, which starved the Warriors of field position. Hats off to the Warriors for a brave effort, but Manly were genuinely the better team.

P.s. skeepe: the legitimate score ws 12-10. ;-)

Ianc

Juniors
Manly were a very good side most of the year. I tipped them to win this game.

However, the leg up they got from the refs in the first half was truly embrassing. The 2nd half was better but the damage had been done.

I'm tempted to say that this premiership for Manly should have an asterix but in the end they won & deserved it from the play throughout the year.

Harrigan will defend his numpties but really he should be having a good hard look at that reffing performance.

Wilson1

Juniors
I think a send off would have had a "direct effect" and a deliberate elbow to the head is a send off offence as far as I am aware.

NRL refs always put things on report. Red cards are seldom seen and no ref will pull them out in a final. The decision was consistent with other decisions made throughout the season.

sooky wanker of the highest order...refs went warriors way...sad sad sooky whingeing piece of shite

I don't recall the Warriors being gifted a try that was clearly illegal, do you?

Manly were gifted an objective 6 points. Warriors got nothing from the refs.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Manly too good on the day. deserved premiers

Warriors' fightback was great.. but must say i was a little disappointed in their last 9 minutes when they went away from what was going good for them, and went back to hitting it up. They needed a lot more 2nd phase play and Johnson's involvement again in the last period

I think they played into Manly's hands through the majority of the match playing up the middle

natheel

Coach
sooky wanker of the highest order...refs went warriors way...sad sad sooky whingeing piece of shite

Watmough played the ball towards the sideline, manly scored 2 plays later

Robertson was offside on kick from Stewart

Yeah those players all play for warriors u genius

Goddy

Juniors
As a Broncos fan who couldn't give a toss who won either way, I can very comfortably say that Manly didn't deserve it.

It doesn't matter if you play consistentally well all year and then can't win the match that matters legitimately.

Latest posts