What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Agree with the comments about Penrith just picking some colours and sticking with them. They're like a small child that can't make their mind about what colours to use.

Personally, I hate the plain black jerseys of this year.

This is the SG Ball Penriff jersey from this year. A modern twist on the "All sorts" jersey with just their current colours of black, white and teal.
sgBall_rnd5_roosters_v_panthers_08_s3L.jpg

Personally I think the "All Sorts" jumper looks better than that one, but it is a marked improvement on most jumpers they have had since they won the '03 GF. With that jumper above, I wouldn't mind seeing the bottom of the jersey in all black after the 2nd teal band. How do people reckon that would go?

docbrown

Coach
I'm checking the facts of the Panthers pink jersey rumour on the Panther official forum. The merchandise manager is always on there and is often very upfront with answers.

Having read the quote from 'Gus' it could mean a few things.

Fingers crossed it was Gus being an idiot.

Let me know what he says.

Re Penrith Jersey's in general - your jersey is your identity, your brand, the colours that catch people's eyes and instantly gives recognition.

Penrith need to say our colours are (INSERT COLOURS HERE) forever and ever. Amen.

The Tank

Bench
IMO our colours should be black, brown, and white. Home kit basically the same but with brown and white trim instead of teal. Away kit all white with brown sleeves (like the one below).

46efac0d443f79249ec96dd9223d383b_resized.jpg

docbrown

Coach
Perhaps they could run a jersey design fan comp, have a shortlist and then get people to vote on the winner.

***MH***

Bench
Does anyone have any win/loss statistics against teams that wear their home/away/heritage jerseys?

The Dragons don't seem to favour their Illawarra jerseys lately.

dragondad

First Grade
We've worn the red V against your Wests heritage strip in 08. That was mostly black though? I don't think there'll be a problem.

Saint Doc

Coach
It would be a shame if we couldnt wear the red vee as the game is marking a 50 year anniversay of wests vs saints GF

beave

Coach
i can't see the problem with the V and the wests heritage jersey myself but this is the NRL we are talking about here...........

BDGS

Bench
i can't see the problem with the V and the wests heritage jersey myself but this is the NRL we are talking about here...........

Black strips don't clash with a red V, although the steelers jersey is a superior jersey to the red v IMO.

In saying though, the dragons have done a great job making a brand of the 'red V'.

It would be a shame if St George Illawarra can't wear the St George Jersey for a match that is marking a historical game between wests and st George, although I wouldn't expect this to happen.

docbrown

Coach
I think the Titans away jersey is better than the home jersey but both are rather average.

I think white with light blue actually suits them though, more than graded blue and yellow.