What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's more than floating around, Gus all but confirmed it on the Roast last Sunday. I quote "You'll be seeing more of that pink jersey, there's a scoop for you".

Knightmare

Coach
WTF is with Penrith? They are like that teenage girl with an identity crisis who changes her 'look' every 5 weeks!

Nuke

Staff member
Penrith have an awesome white jersey as their unofficial alternate kit. In my opinion, they should be using this one for years to come. Save the pink one for Women In League Round and the odd special occasion.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i dont mind pink jersey's as one offs for the women in league round but pink is a shit colour for a jersey. we all bagegd gasnier for wearing his gay yawnion jersey which was pink, i dont see how penrith wearing fluro pink every second week is any good

Dragon Dave

Bench
Dragons will be wearing their steelers kit this Sunday against LOL@50uff$ to celebrate 100 years of RL in the Illawarra.

Will be interesting to see what Homebush wears.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They'd just wear their alternate strip as planned, with white panels down the side and white shorts.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I don't mind the pink jerseys. I think Penrith need to estabish club colours as many supporters get confused with all the colours they have come out with.

I emailed the Penrith club some months back suggesting the club needs more established colours. I mentioned pink may be unique, at least in this country and a home jersey could be predominately brown with pink side panels and reverse away. There you go- pink & brown.

I also asked if the club had a club song as I remembered hearing their lower grade winning team a year or two back singing along to 'whoop this ass'. I suggested this was embarrassing and didn't help with the club's identity.

I did hear some country style song after a win on tv a couple of weeks back and wonder if this is new or I just haven't heard it before? Maybe a panther supporter can confirm?

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I don't mind the pink jerseys. I think Penrith need to estabish club colours as many supporters get confused with all the colours they have come out with.

I emailed the Penrith club some months back suggesting the club needs more established colours. I mentioned pink may be unique, at least in this country and a home jersey could be predominately brown with pink side panels and reverse away. There you go- pink & brown.

I also asked if the club had a club song as I remembered hearing their lower grade winning team a year or two back singing along to 'whoop this ass'. I suggested this was embarrassing and didn't help with the club's identity.

I did hear some country style song after a win on tv a couple of weeks back and wonder if this is new or I just haven't heard it before? Maybe a panther supporter can confirm?
When I think pink & brown I think: “Two in the pink, one in the stink"…

Not a good idea for club colours…
Stick with black and teal.

thorson1987

Coach
Heard on the radio that the Roosters will be wearing Rainbow socks to raise awareness of Dementia.

Also in the cows v panthers game all players and officials will wear green socks.

Frailty

First Grade
Why can't Penrith see that the perfect jerseys for them would be the white jersey as the away, and an altered heritage jersey (limit the colours to black white and teal) as the home.

It's not that hard for f**k sake.

Spitty

Juniors
I'm checking the facts of the Panthers pink jersey rumour on the Panther official forum. The merchandise manager is always on there and is often very upfront with answers.

Having read the quote from 'Gus' it could mean a few things.

Fingers crossed it was Gus being an idiot.

Agree with the comments about Penrith just picking some colours and sticking with them. They're like a small child that can't make their mind about what colours to use.

Personally, I hate the plain black jerseys of this year.

This is the SG Ball Penriff jersey from this year. A modern twist on the "All sorts" jersey with just their current colours of black, white and teal.
sgBall_rnd5_roosters_v_panthers_08_s3L.jpg

beave

Coach
see now that is a great jersey. Why the f**k don't the powers to be look at something like that and see it as well????? I swear Penrith frustrate the f**k out of me with their jersey choices, if they go to the pink jersey as their constant away jersey then all the clowns who agreed on it need to have a size planted firmly in their assholes.