What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To be fair though green and red really don't clash with anything.

Johnsy... laying them on a computer screen side by side is all well and good, on tv with different lighting and whatnot can be a different story. The idea is to provide a contrast where possible.

LeagueNut

First Grade
A couple of scans from the 2011 Warriors Membership booklet:

2011jerseys1.jpg

No obvious changes to home & away jerseys, except that Sky City is now the lower back jersey sponsor.

2011jerseys2.jpg

I have no idea what this jersey is going to be used for ... it's not our "heritage jersey" because that's stamped 'confidential' in the booklet (i.e. hasn't been released yet).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

2011jerseys1.jpg

No obvious changes to home & away jerseys, except that Sky City is now the lower back jersey sponsor.

2011jerseys2.jpg

I have no idea what this jersey is going to be used for ... it's not our "heritage jersey" because that's stamped 'confidential' in the booklet (i.e. hasn't been released yet).
$185? (NZ?) what are they made from black opal?

Timmah

Staff member
There's a slight change to the Canterbury logo on the Warriors jerseys too, the word Canterbury now appears underneath the CCC. Same will go for the Bulldogs' jerseys.

Spitty

Juniors
Warriors going beyond the minimum term with both home and away. Good sign for Warriors fans that the club wants to stick with this identity (as long as they have Canterbury as their kit sponsor anyway).

Timmah

Staff member
The design concept yes. What they're actually wearing isn't it though, there'll be a number of subtle changes and possible sponsor changes.

Panther Daz - unlikely, at least for the next two seasons:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...anyo-to-be-basically-terminated-in-april-2012

Sanyo brand name to be basically terminated in April 2012
Saturday 23rd October, 11:33 AM JST
OSAKA — The brand name of Sanyo Electric Co will be terminated in principle in April 2012 after Sanyo becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Corp next April, sources close to the issue said Saturday. Under Panasonic’s business reorganization plan, it will also stop manufacturing less competitive Sanyo products following its acquisition of the Osaka-based electronics firm, the sources said.
The name of Sanyo, however, will be maintained for some of the firm’s competitive products and areas where the Sanyo brand is still popular, they said.
Panasonic currently has 16 business sectors, such as digital home electrical appliances and semiconductors, and will integrate them into around nine categories around Dec 1 to improve business efficiency under the reorganization plan, according to the sources.

DFC005

Juniors
Yup, obviously the sponsors will change etc. Quite like the jerseys they are rocking on parraeels.com.au. Reckon I might be getting myself a new especially cause they are going back to the old logo.

Timmah

Staff member
And if you flick back a few pages you'll actually find discussion on the very matter.

DFC005

Juniors
Yeah, I thought there probably would have been but didn't particular want to trawl through all 27 pages. Is there a function/option to show more posts per page?

bobmar28

Bench
I don't know if it's been mentioned (can't be bothered looking) but isn't it good to see the traditional Kangaroos jersey. Same colour as always, block numbers, gold V on the front etc. It is something that should never change.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I don't know if it's been mentioned (can't be bothered looking) but isn't it good to see the traditional Kangaroos jersey. Same colour as always, block numbers, gold V on the front etc. It is something that should never change.
Yes to all. Plus a collar. The best national team jersey in Australia. And I think the VB logo is smaller this year?

blain

Juniors
Warriors going beyond the minimum term with both home and away. Good sign for Warriors fans that the club wants to stick with this identity (as long as they have Canterbury as their kit sponsor anyway).

Na 2011 will be the 3rd and final year of that strip. started in 09. I dont like our shirts, they are boring and a union template used by CCC. Id love a change

meltiger

First Grade

2011jerseys1.jpg

2011jerseys2.jpg

Hmm, I love it when special editions outstrip the regular jerseys lol

Don't like the Warriors kits at all. The special edition is beast though, they should wear that as their home strip

Dragon Dave

Bench
Well done to Parra on kicking it old skool again! It's a great jersey and logo is so much better. Hopefully more clubs go back to their roots over the next few years.