What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Guess the only thing that would make that Easts jersey perfect would be to get rid of the Sydney Roosters badge and replace it with a modified version of their 100 year badge.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Guess the only thing that would make that Easts jersey perfect would be to get rid of the Sydney Roosters badge and replace it with a modified version of their 100 year badge.

It would also be cool if they stopped calling themselves "Sydney" and went back to being Easts. How many kids in western or southern sydney were like "OMG! The Roosters are the Sydney Roosters now and not Easts anymore, I guess I'm going to go become a Roosters fan now". It was a douchey move, and I hope they improve their name the same way they improved their jersey.

RedVee

First Grade
I like the roosters home jersey, but can't see if the Vee goes over the shoulder - like days of yore - or is the 'bib' style.

Away jersey, not sure. Don't think they'll be wearing it against Saints though. :)

zman

Juniors
I like the roosters home jersey, but can't see if the Vee goes over the shoulder - like days of yore - or is the 'bib' style.

Away jersey, not sure. Don't think they'll be wearing it against Saints though. :)

Home Definately has Vee going over the shoulder.:D

meltiger

First Grade
I'd like to see them bring back the old yellow away jersey.

Dear god, a return to the canary?! Surely not lol

Their first one was their best IMO

Was very "Victorian" the original jersey. Would love to see one with modern day badging rather than the poorly made ones from the first season.

But they have decided their color is purple, not navy blue so we'll never see a return to that one for anything other than a heritage strip.

For those that might be interested, here is the new St Helens shirt. They've gone back to a traditional Vee this year, but with a new badge which looks very poor IMO.

8fabc146.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Another poor attempt at a V. Would be a good kit if the V continued down similar to ours.

Yes and no. Yes because the half arsed v's look like a babys bib. No because if it was a full V it would basically be a copy of the Dragons jersey, with different sponsors.

Jankuloski

Juniors
FFS I HATE THAT NEW BADGE!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THEIR LOGO????

Honestly, if it ain't broke - don't fix it! And if you do, at least reinvent it alltogether, not this patching up stuff.. awful! V is on the jersey, the badge is SH.. now you have to Vs..

Jersey much like the Chooks last year - it would look way better if the v went down all the way..

Saint Doc

Coach
Looks weird because the angle of the vee in the logo is much sharper than the flatter vee on the jersey.

It's kinda a weird mix of a dragons design in the roosters bib style with a bulldogs style of logo (with the vee in the background and the old logo in the foreground)!

Dragon Dave

Bench
I would much prefer the ISC white collar with red sleeves to our current jersey. Add our current V to the jersey above and I'd be happy

The Tank

Bench
The old St Helens logo (still featured on the new one) is one of the best logos in RL. I like the 2 Hull (FC and KR) logos aswell. Up there with the St George Illawarra logo IMO.