What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

LeagueNut

First Grade
Thought the Cronulla members jersey looked OK last night. Even though the black and white in the middle hoop have been swapped over from the traditional design, guessing that was done to keep sponsor happy?

Members_0020_Jersey_0020_2011_0020_(Small).jpg
That's the weird thing about this thread sometimes. The pic above looks horrible, but the jerseys looked awesome on TV.

Dragon Dave

Bench
I prefer the lime green (that is your colour isn't it?) I don't understand why you can keep the current jersey but I guess #3 or 4 aren't too bad.

Cronulla changed theirs...IMO because in 2009 when the decsion was made we were seriously looking at partial relocation to the central coast.

same colours but new jersey for a new team.

that was the zappia/pearce reigime.

Chooks 2000th jersey to be worn this sunday. Guess that the fine print is the all the captains the Chooks have ever had?

Like the badges at the bottom on the back of the jersey, nice touch.

00011211-image.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
yeah, except the NRL won't accept partial relocations. The full hop, or nothing.
Well that's all the Dragons are.

I love to bag the Sharks because they usually suck at most things they do, but their jersey this year is a big improvement on the crap they've had the last few seasons.

And when one team improves their jersey another team has to massively f**kup theirs. The Raiders are crazy, they are one of the few teams (along with the Dragons, Souths and Roosters) that have stuck with their jersey that actually means something and now they're going to f**k it up.

I vote for #3 because it's the least bad but still 1000 times worse than the iconic one they have now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well that's all the Dragons are.

I love to bag the Sharks because they usually suck at most things they do, but their jersey this year is a big improvement on the crap they've had the last few seasons.

And when one team improves their jersey another team has to massively f**kup theirs. The Raiders are crazy, they are one of the few teams (along with the Dragons, Souths and Roosters) that have stuck with their jersey that actually means something and now they're going to f**k it up.

I vote for #3 because it's the least bad but still 1000 times worse than the iconic one they have now.

Souths have stuck with their jersey by adding panels to the side have they?

If you're including them on "having stuck with their jersey", then surely the Bulldogs, who have had a blue double-vee for the best part of forty years (whether it's square or curved) counts as well?

Fair dinkum.

beave

Coach
I dunno, i reckon the current chooks logo is pretty good, has the subtle opera house comb for sydney, has a modern touch about it as well. Each to their own I guess, it's a lot better than that mid 90's logo with the harbour bridge in the background.

Im interested in what people thought of our new home jersey now that they've seen them on tv ladt week against the knights. I personally think they look really good but it would be good to hear what the neutrals think.

RockWheel

Bench
Love for the Roosters to go back to their 70s/80s logo, except without the Eastern Suburbs. They used it last year v St George I think, looked awesome.

the home jersey hasnt changed from last year.

that one was a one off for the members jersey. hopefully we will see a return to the hoops jerset in the future.

as for BDGS. yeah, the nrl decided we werent allowed to do that. however its likely we had already submitted our design to ISC, the NRL etc.

applesauce

Bench
I dunno, i reckon the current chooks logo is pretty good, has the subtle opera house comb for sydney, has a modern touch about it as well. Each to their own I guess, it's a lot better than that mid 90's logo with the harbour bridge in the background.

Im interested in what people thought of our new home jersey now that they've seen them on tv ladt week against the knights. I personally think they look really good but it would be good to hear what the neutrals think.

Loved it. Makes me wish ISC was the jersey supplier for the NRL. The stuff they have come up with this year is all quality.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah it's surprising, ISC used to be terrible and looked very amateurish (thinkin Newcastle 2005, Parra 2007ish etc), but they've really stepped up this year. They've worked out that simple is best.

Red Bear

Referee
The Roosters 100 years logo was their best IMO, modern update on the traditional logo was quality. Bit surprised they didnt go with that afterwards (without the 100 years bit obviously)

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths have stuck with their jersey by adding panels to the side have they?

If you're including them on "having stuck with their jersey", then surely the Bulldogs, who have had a blue double-vee for the best part of forty years (whether it's square or curved) counts as well?

Fair dinkum.
Yes that's fair enough. I guess the Bulldogs could be added to that list (although the stupid swirl thing around the collar looks stupid and takes away from the V).

And if you count the Dogs with their swirl as "sticking with their jersey' then you have to count us with our black panels. They are way more out of the way than the swirl.

BDGS

Bench
I like Souths jersey, its brings tradition and modern times together.

But it is definitely a different jersey to the old cricle strips one.

Latest posts