What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 pack

franklin2323

Immortal
firstly congrads on the win. a long time coming.

Anyone new coming for the 2nd row besides Penese?? I reckon you guys may struggle without the aggression of Saffy, Costigan and Smith.

Not trying to start arguements we lost Pritchard so may struggle in the same area

Godz Illa

Coach
Norm Provan

NRL+Grand+Final+Dragons+v+Roosters+1mlIthtiqMql.jpg

a_che

Juniors
We're getting Dan Hunt back and Merrin will be improved. Prior has to step up and Peni Tagive might be a shot for the backrow. He certainly looks big enough whenever I've seen him up close.

st.phil

Bench
I would not worry about our pack. hunt, tagive and greenfield (one to watch once he gets fit imo) will be like new signings...dunno if tagive is cut out for second row but we'll see. Don't forget a full off-season of beau scott in second row under wayne...he will be a much better player for it than we have seen since the switch from centre. Prior and Merrin will improve as well. We also have Jake Marketo on the up - we have to give this guy a go or he will be gone. I think Bennett rates him.

Probably a handful of budget signings - Penese and, by reports, james aubbeson. Likely a couple more to jump on board for not much considering we are premiers.

AJH

Juniors
We're getting Dan Hunt back and Merrin will be improved. Prior has to step up and Peni Tagive might be a shot for the backrow. He certainly looks big enough whenever I've seen him up close.
I have to say, I think Prior really stepped up in both the Tigers and Roosters games. He's been a bit quiet overall this year but his last two games were very good, and shows he can cope with the pressure.

When I first heard we were losing Smith I thought it wasn't too bad as he'd been fairly injury prone, but I think we'll definitely miss his toughness next year. He really stepped up in the finals. I think that both Costigan and Saffy, while very good, can be replaced. But happy that they all left with a Premiership ring.

n r l f a n

Juniors
I have to say, I think Prior really stepped up in both the Tigers and Roosters games. He's been a bit quiet overall this year but his last two games were very good, and shows he can cope with the pressure.

When I first heard we were losing Smith I thought it wasn't too bad as he'd been fairly injury prone, but I think we'll definitely miss his toughness next year. He really stepped up in the finals. I think that both Costigan and Saffy, while very good, can be replaced. But happy that they all left with a Premiership ring.

I agree, I honestly doubted Prior under pressure from what I saw throughout the year..but he was great through finals...except trying to decapitate friend...with smith..costigan..etc gone..he will get more room to improve

st.phil

Bench
anybody know the story on Paulo? Came with wraps bigger than his a$$ but was not sighted all year until wearing a berret at the GF

I would not worry about our pack. hunt, tagive and greenfield (one to watch once he gets fit imo) will be like new signings...dunno if tagive is cut out for second row but we'll see. Don't forget a full off-season of beau scott in second row under wayne...he will be a much better player for it than we have seen since the switch from centre. Prior and Merrin will improve as well. We also have Jake Marketo on the up - we have to give this guy a go or he will be gone. I think Bennett rates him.

Probably a handful of budget signings - Penese and, by reports, james aubbeson. Likely a couple more to jump on board for not much considering we are premiers.

Yeah he;ll definetely make more appearances next year (Greenfield)

franklin2323

Immortal
So replacing from within I guess over the offseason Prior, Scott, Tagive can bulk/toghen up. I like the look of Greenfield guess he will get more chances next season

Penese goes alright but more a ball playing forward the explosive intimidation forward

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
prior and scott need to stand up to be our new hard nuts..

both have the tackling and the agression to do it..

Cagey Mac

Bench
The thought has been mentioned but the option of Cooper in the back row also is worth consideration. I think that it would lengthen his career in the NRL if he wants to stay local, etc. and it did work with TImmins

We have Stanley and Tagive as options in the centres.
Hunt will return better than ever
Smith’s ability to drop a player in his tracks will be missed and that may mean that Scott will be defending closer to the middle as he’s also a great one no one defender.
If we have signed James Aubusson, then he and Fien cover hooker admirably, leaving Young free to focus on back row duties
I agree that Greenfield, if he can stay fit, is a keeper. Prior is big boned lad with a good hit and spin going, an off-season in the gym will do him no harm.
We’ll need luck with injuries and will miss Smith, Costigan and Saffy but I reckon we’ll give it another shake in ‘11

AJH

Juniors
What about Gower that we've signed from the Tigers. Is he a prop or second-rower? Don't know much about him.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think you will still make the 8. It's just it's a close comp IMO the more well balanced teams finish higher. So if the intimidation side isn't added to balance the team it might just be further down finish

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think you will still make the 8. It's just it's a close comp IMO the more well balanced teams finish higher. So if the intimidation side isn't added to balance the team it might just be further down finish

Bennett doesn't miss the 8
Bennett doesn't lose Grand Finals
In Wayne we Trust

cleary89

Coach
100% make the 8.

Hunt
Fien
Weyman
Scott
Creagh
Young

With Prior, Merrin, Marketo, Aubusson (possibly) Gower, Penese, Emmett, Bosden in the forwards, Stanley, Tagive, Goodwin in the backs.

Same back line. 100% make the 8, and i'd take an even money bet with anyone on top 4.