What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Super League results & crowds

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Anyone seen Wireman in the last 2 days? I'm starting to get worried :lol:

Just to add to my prediction that they will win nothing because in big games they won't be up to it, they will also go out to a low ranked team in week 2 of the playoffs aftr losing in week 1 to one of the better defences.

I'm torn for the GF at the mo'. Wigan v Hudds was my guess before theseason started and I've stuck with it but Hudds sudden decline worries me. I still think saints will have a big say at the end of the year so I'm saying a repeat of last years GF with the same result and a heart breaking 5th loss in a row for the Entertainers :lol:

WireMan

Bench
Anyone seen Wireman in the last 2 days? I'm starting to get worried :lol:

Just to add to my prediction that they will win nothing because in big games they won't be up to it, they will also go out to a low ranked team in week 2 of the playoffs aftr losing in week 1 to one of the better defences.

I'm torn for the GF at the mo'. Wigan v Hudds was my guess before theseason started and I've stuck with it but Hudds sudden decline worries me. I still think saints will have a big say at the end of the year so I'm saying a repeat of last years GF with the same result and a heart breaking 5th loss in a row for the Entertainers :lol:

You mean why i wasn't here over the weekend? I have a life you know, can't just post on here about different teams when i could be out doing something better.

Yeah we lost to the better team on the day. Got beat upfront at the start and didn't have composure with the ball. Still when Morley and Briers come back we may be alright.

Not up for the big games? Did you get of your arm chair and down to Wembley last year, fairly big game between Wire and Leeds. Still Wire don't get up for the big game...
Fact that your on here commenting on Wire not Leeds being through to a semi says it all about Yorkshire rugby.

Deluded: If you don't understand the point of what Wire beating St Helens means then i suggest you don't comment on it, Wigan are the team to beat. Oh look, we have done this year already. :roll:

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
:lol:

Looks that way doesn't it.

And yes Wireman, I was at Wembley last year. You played well that day and deserved the win. SL is the be all and end all of British RL though and until you prove yourself in that I think I am in my right to make that prediction :)

Oh, and I did say this last year but I'll say it again before we don't win the semi against Cas... I don't care about the cup. To me it's a nothing comp that no one cares about until the semi's. I'd swap any cup win for a win in SL and I'd take a Old Trafford final over a Wembley final any day of the week. The most gutted I have ever been was after the 2005 GF loss to Bradford. I have seen 5 losses in cup finals now and none have ever bothered me. On the other hand the only time I have been reduced to tears at a RL game is the 2004 GF and the 07, 08 and '09 wins were some of the best moments I have witnessed in sport. On the other hand, the '99 cup final win was good, but no different to say a win in a game in the league against a rival.

Until you beat the best teams over a month period and earn that respect though you won't know what I'm on about. I'm sure one day you might get a chance to gain that feeling though and then you will know what I mean. Until then though, only 4 sets of fans can relate.

Didgi

I'd much prefer a SL win than a Cup win (FTR I kinda support Huddersfield and Cas, more just watch for entertainment and expand my experience of the game, watching young England hopefuls do well brings me the most joy, hopefully a more competitive international scene will soon be upon us) but I don't think you can call it a nothing comp.

Yes, lets hope you do lose the semi against Cas :)

WireMan

Bench

Looks that way doesn't it.

And yes Wireman, I was at Wembley last year. You played well that day and deserved the win. SL is the be all and end all of British RL though and until you prove yourself in that I think I am in my right to make that prediction :)

Oh, and I did say this last year but I'll say it again before we don't win the semi against Cas... I don't care about the cup. To me it's a nothing comp that no one cares about until the semi's. I'd swap any cup win for a win in SL and I'd take a Old Trafford final over a Wembley final any day of the week. The most gutted I have ever been was after the 2005 GF loss to Bradford. I have seen 5 losses in cup finals now and none have ever bothered me. On the other hand the only time I have been reduced to tears at a RL game is the 2004 GF and the 07, 08 and '09 wins were some of the best moments I have witnessed in sport. On the other hand, the '99 cup final win was good, but no different to say a win in a game in the league against a rival.

Until you beat the best teams over a month period and earn that respect though you won't know what I'm on about. I'm sure one day you might get a chance to gain that feeling though and then you will know what I mean. Until then though, only 4 sets of fans can relate.

So you only care about the comp you won, not the one you got stuffed in.

Yeah right.

Love how the cup goes from being important in relation to Warrington not performing on the big stage, but unimportant when its pointed out Warrington won the last big game against Leeds.

Awesome, no really. Not at all stupid. :roll:

Johnny_L_O

Juniors

So you only care about the comp you won, not the one you got stuffed in.

Yeah right.

Love how the cup goes from being important in relation to Warrington not performing on the big stage, but unimportant when its pointed out Warrington won the last big game against Leeds.

Awesome, no really. Not at all stupid. :roll:

Honestly, don't think it's because you beat us last year that I thought that. I put it all over RLFans before the win against Wigan in the Quarters and again before the semi that if we lost I'd be happy because we could concentrate on the important prize and not have any distractions going into the business end of the season. I'd take a loss over Cas any day in replacement of a week off in august and hopefully a 5th place finish. Gives us more chance of shocking a team in week 2 of the playoffs.

You just seem a bit down on me because none of the big clubs respect you at the moment. Yes, if you prove me wrong and go on and win I'll be happy to retract what I have said, but until then you have yet to prove you are capable of winning the top prize by beating the top teams consecutively.

WireMan

Bench
Honestly, don't think it's because you beat us last year that I thought that. I put it all over RLFans before the win against Wigan in the Quarters and again before the semi that if we lost I'd be happy because we could concentrate on the important prize and not have any distractions going into the business end of the season. I'd take a loss over Cas any day in replacement of a week off in august and hopefully a 5th place finish. Gives us more chance of shocking a team in week 2 of the playoffs.

You just seem a bit down on me because none of the big clubs respect you at the moment. Yes, if you prove me wrong and go on and win I'll be happy to retract what I have said, but until then you have yet to prove you are capable of winning the top prize by beating the top teams consecutively.

Down on you? nah man.
Your from Yorkshire though, so i'm never gonna be up on you to much. Its a rose thing, i'm sure you understand. :D

Respect from other clubs?

Not really bothered what other clubs think of us to be honest.
The amount Leeds, Wigan, Saints fans go on about us is revealing though.

dibviking

Juniors
batley 3873
leigh 4732
featherstone 5026

thank god that seasons over with, bring on superleague and 100+ hammerings every week

WireMan

Bench
batley 3873
leigh 4732
featherstone 5026

thank god that seasons over with, bring on superleague and 100+ hammerings every week

Well a league double of Saints and Wigan. All thats missing is the good friday beating over our 6 fingered friends!! :D

What are the odds on us vs you lot at the Millenium Magic?

Sold out yesterday (13k), and the building work is coming along nicely. So it should be up to about 16k ish for you visit next season.

dibviking

Juniors
tbh weve got no chance of beating wire nxt season, with denis betts in charge i think were nailed on to finish bottom.

still should be a superb atmosphere at the geri halliwell, cant wait.