What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Super League results & crowds

deluded pom?

Coach
A lot of clubs who play on Fridays when not on TV claim it's easier to sell corporate boxes on a weekday than it is on a weekend.

VictoryFC

Bench
Average attendance of all teams up to date:

Wigan - 13,875
Warrington - 11,641
Huddersfield - 8,928
St Helens - 10,772
Catalans - 9,074
Leeds - 13,954
Castleford - 8,845
Hull FC - 11,577
Salford - 7,034
HULL KR - 10,114
Bradford - 12,205
Harlequins - 7,372
Wakefield - 8,119
Crusaders - 6,722

Overall: 9,996 (last year: 11,643...drop off of an average of 1,646 with 10 rounds remaining)

St.John

Juniors
Average attendance of all teams up to date:

Wigan - 13,875
Warrington - 11,641
Huddersfield - 8,928
St Helens - 10,772
Catalans - 9,074
Leeds - 13,954
Castleford - 8,845
Hull FC - 11,577
Salford - 7,034
HULL KR - 10,114
Bradford - 12,205
Harlequins - 7,372
Wakefield - 8,119
Crusaders - 6,722

Overall: 9,996 (last year: 11,643...drop off of an average of 1,646 with 10 rounds remaining)

Something is off with those figures; Wigan's average should be much higher than that, and Salford/Crusaders' much lower.

The Saints average is outright wrong, I think they've only had 2 crowds above 10k this year (playing in Widnes while the new ground is built).

Edit - in fact, if the average is down by circa 1,600 that should be largely explained by the drop in Saints crowds this year, due to the stadium; I'd guess it's about 2k per home game.

Last edited:

VictoryFC

Bench
I was going to go painstakingly through the official website, but I just thought I'd compile the list already available on SLStats.org.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I was going to go painstakingly through the official website, but I just thought I'd compile the list already available on SLStats.org.
For the correct averages on SLStats you need to click on the 'home results' tab of the table. The overall table displays the average attendance for both home and away matches.

deluded pom?

Coach
Something is off with those figures; Wigan's average should be much higher than that, and Salford/Crusaders' much lower.

The Saints average is outright wrong, I think they've only had 2 crowds above 10k this year (playing in Widnes while the new ground is built).

Edit - in fact, if the average is down by circa 1,600 that should be largely explained by the drop in Saints crowds this year, due to the stadium; I'd guess it's about 2k per home game.

Hull KR's is way out too as is Catalans who have had a reduced capacity all season due to renovation work being carried out.

gutterfax

First Grade
Harlequins RL average attendance in 2011 is 3,007. It is the lowest seasons average for ESL since halifax in 2003 (2,976).

azsportza

Live Update Team
Saturday 17th July, 2011
Twickenham Stoop Stadium

Warrington Wolves 54
Tries: Carvell, Bridge 4, Monaghan, Briers, Myler, Wood
Goals: Hodgson 8/8, Briers 1/1

Harlequins 24
Tries: Gale, Dorn, Sarginson, Ellis
Goals: Gale 4/4

Halftime: Warrington 36 leading Harlquins RL 6
Crowd: 3,482

WireMan

Bench
widnes v dewsbury 4000+

Next season you will have more fans turn up.

Why pay to watch Widnes when next year you can watch Wire? Save your pennies cause next season you get to see a proper team play. :D

(just warming up for next year) ;-)

Altogether now...
"Your here to see the Wire, Your here to see the Wire"

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Wire will win nothing this year. Wigan will beat them tomorrow and they wont be good enough at the end of the season to beat the better defences 3 weeks in a row.

WireMan

Bench
yet lost to Hull AND Salford at the HJ. ;-)

Yeah, we were rubbish in those games. We have been bad in a few games this year but our defence has been good enough to get us through. Against Hull we hardly completed a set of 6 but the score line flattened them at the end when we got desperate. Salford was an abomination of a game.

Still when focused we are capable of getting the job done. We beat Saints. If we can beat them we can beat anybody.

deluded pom?

Coach
Yeah, we were rubbish in those games. We have been bad in a few games this year but our defence has been good enough to get us through. Against Hull we hardly completed a set of 6 but the score line flattened them at the end when we got desperate. Salford was an abomination of a game.

And if you're rubbish again the likes of Wigan and Saints will do a job on you.

We beat Saints. If we can beat them we can beat anybody.

Saints aren't the team they were and have been struggling with injuries all season. Beating them isn't the achievement you seem to think it is. Wigan are the team to beat. Having said that I do hope Warrington get to OT just to broaden the number of teams who have contested a GF but I think Wigan's playoff experience will carry them through again.

Latest posts