What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 AMNRL Schedule

Fatwing15

Juniors
in the defence of MR. KNIGHT. What he said is a fact. i dont like getting involved in this sort of stuff, but i felt that in this situation i had to say somthing so it is realized that the statement made wasnt to just cause trouble.

is it a fact that the USARL came sniffing around the Knights? Thanks for confirming, and I don't really blame the USARL, the Knights are the best club in the AMNRL, so if the USARL wants to run the best competition, then the Knights are a great addition. How ever, it does not help to repair damaged relationships, that's for sure.

Get Down, How do you know what Mr. Knight said is a "fact". Did the USARL also discuss these options with the Sharks?

gyallop

Juniors
Homer so why do you then continue to post your opinions , based on internet information, about the AMNRL. You have an agenda and your posts stir up trouble. Knight has as well so what is the difference.
Lets move on.....if the AMNRL and USARL are meeting and negotiating in good faith what good faith is there in the USARL offering the Knights a spot in their competition at the expense of their own club.....to their own clubs who must now this is exposed questioning their own future in a league that is secretly planning to punt one of their own and ....to the AMNRL in sitting at the negotiation table while secretly trying to undermine them......

Evil Homer

Staff member
Homer so why do you then continue to post your opinions , based on internet information, about the AMNRL. You have an agenda and your posts stir up trouble. Knight has as well so what is the difference.
Lets move on.....if the AMNRL and USARL are meeting and negotiating in good faith what good faith is there in the USARL offering the Knights a spot in their competition at the expense of their own club.....to their own clubs who must now this is exposed questioning their own future in a league that is secretly planning to punt one of their own and ....to the AMNRL in sitting at the negotiation table while secretly trying to undermine them......
My 'agenda' is that I want the split to end and the AMNRL to stop acting like hypocrites and actively trying to hurt the development of the sport for their own benefit. If you haven't realised that by now then I'm probably wasting my time attempting to converse with you further, since you are obviously unable to grasp simple concepts and make simple distinctions between shit-stirring for personal gain and trying to do what's best for the sport.

If the USARL were planning to remove Oneida from their competition without consultation then that's stupid on their part, especially after we had heard how Oneida have supposedly strengthened considerably as a standalone club away from the Boston 13's. However, that doesn't excuse the likes of Mr Knight and now seemingly yourself using this as an excuse to try and spread ill-feeling and actively disrupt any negotiations that are taking place. To be honest, I'm not surprised at all that the AMNRL would take this stance, it's pretty typical of the low-level manipulative tactics that they employ. Hopefully if they do attempt to use this as an excuse to end negotiations then the RLIF won't buy into it, and will continue to threaten them with removal from the World Cup unless they do the right thing.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Homer,

I think anyone reading this now will realize I am not the pathetic one.

I don't speak for the AMNRL. I have opinions based on what is fact.

So let me get this straight - I cannot post something if its true because it doesn't fit your agenda?

It is relevant because the Knights and AMNRL have in good faith been working towards an end to this dispute. It is the unscrupulus acts as before mentioned that will put a halt to this. If you want an end to this saga then you may well be interested in this.

Even people in the Knights who were very neutral (most) have had there noses put out by this, so you can imagine the other teams in the AMNRL feel. If this is the way they operate, they don't want a part.

Sorry a few facts got in the way of YOUR aganda

gyallop

Juniors
two parties sit at a negotiating table allegedly in good faith and one party is lying but the innocent party is acting in bad faith if it leaves the table .....my ribs are hurting from laughing so much!!

sharkalert

Juniors
Sorry to go off topic slightly, but has the RLIF or RLEF attempted mediation at all? (Please don't answer with descriptions of their effectiveness)

Evil Homer

Staff member
two parties sit at a negotiating table allegedly in good faith and one party is lying but the innocent party is acting in bad faith if it leaves the table .....my ribs are hurting from laughing so much!!
That isn't what I said at all. If the USARL have been lying then then they are idiots. Let's not pretend the AMNRL have been acting in anything other than 'bad faith' over the past 18 months, we all saw the leaked e-mail from Niu, the attempts to bribe players and coerce clubs like Utah etc. However, that doesn't excuse the USARL behaving in a similar way, if that is what they have indeed done. My point is that, given their actions in the past, I'm not surprised the AMNRL would apparently be unwilling to show diplomacy and would look to break off negotiations at the first opportunity. Hopefully they will prove me wrong and not do this.

Look, all I and most other fans really want is for USARL players to stop being discriminated against when it comes to national team selection. That's the major reason for the antagonism towards the AMNRL from almost all neutrals. If neither side feel that they can operate fairly, this matter can be delegated to a third party body if need be. Once the discrimination is ended, then I doubt anyone would have a problem with the AMNRL or USARL doing whatever they want and developing the sport in any way they see fit. Personally I don't agree with the AMNRL ideology and probably won't ever take them seriously again since they have shown that they are seemingly incapable of behaving responsibly, but I wouldn't be anything other than supportive of their efforts if the issues with the national team were resolved. And I'm sure the same goes for most people.

joshreading

Staff member
Whilst it may have been unwise for the USARL to approach the Knights. I must have tripped over previous facts when Utah switched (supposedly for more games - clearly that has been shown to be rubbish), in addition to Denver and Fairfax.

Pope comes out with what is clearly a lie (otherwise he has been lied to - you choose). You can play for the Tomahawks even if you have never played RL in your life. Play American Football at any respectable level - just put up your hand up, you're in.

gyallop

Juniors
Josh I cant see re-opening that debate serves any purpose.

This is a USARL Q and A

Question 12:Will the USARL make any advancement toward the RLIF in regards touniting the American game and allowing all American players to be selected fortheir national side in the 2013 world cup?

Answer: AMNRLPresident, David Niu and Peter Illfield, Chairman of the USARL, are committedto begin a process that will ensure the successful development of Rugby Leaguein the United States of America. The AMNRL and the USARL are agreed that thereare more things that unite than divide us. The parties are prepared to holddiscussions in an open and honest fashion in order to find solutions to ourcollective problems in the development of the game. Whilst undergoing thisprocess we are committed to ensuring that there are no interruptions to thecurrently scheduled domestic and international programs in this country. Allinvolved would like to see top-class Rugby League administered successfully inthe United States of America for the benefit of players, supporters, sponsorsand other partners. Both parties have agreed to work out a timetable for RLIFreview and discussion, after which the parties intend to jointly present a planto the RLIF for their approval and support.
Hope it works out!

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Josh,

The difference is that this has happened while the AMNRL has been in talks with the USARL about a peaceful resolution to this.

Certainly brings up questions about their transparency and leadership.

deluded pom?

Coach
Josh,

The difference is that this has happened while the AMNRL has been in talks with the USARL about a peaceful resolution to this.

Certainly brings up questions about their transparency and leadership.

Oh the irony. You couldn't make it up.

Fighter

Juniors
So Mr. Knight who is someone afraid to divulge their identity says he is in the know and makes an off hand statement and suddenly we aren't transparent? If something was said then Knight, who was it, when was it said, to whom, etc. Peter Illfield and David Niu are the only ones who really know what is happening in the dealings, the rest of us aren't in the room so leave it that way. When both leagues have something to report it will come out. Until then all your conjecture and stirring the pot helps neither side.

The USARL guys on this forum are the only ones out there with our names on our profiles and answering questions. If you know everything Mr. Knight tell us who you are and maybe we would take you seriously, because if you aren't Matt Astill or Bob Balachandran, I doubt you know much at all except what others want you to spread around. Quit trying to disrupt things and stay out of what you aren't privy to.

We are both focusing on our competitions and things will work out in due time. It took a long time to get where we are, it will take some time to get back if it is meant to be.

Until then if you are near Phila, get out to see the Fight and Rebellion on Saturday in person or on You Tube on Sunday AM. All games in HD this year.

Last edited:

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
You are right. I do not know the intimate details. And this doesn't help anything.

I was just reporting what seemed like a big deal to the Knights brains trust. Considering the way this forum goes I thought it was relevant enough, and its not as though I made it up. I want a solution to all this as well. I think more damage is done by this actually happening than me posting it in a forum.

I am Knights biased, as they are my friends, but I do not wish ill on any team. Hopefully something may still be worked out down the track.

On a lighter note... the Knights have a few quality imports to go with their impressive locals. I think they will be favorites to win the title again this year.

Fighter

Juniors
Well Knight I wish the Fight would have played you guys in a champions clash this year, perhaps it could happen again for us both this year and we can get a true winner in the USA.
Good luck with your season and hopefully things will be patched up soon and we can play you guys on a regular basis.

Fatwing15

Juniors
So Mr. Knight who is someone afraid to divulge their identity says he is in the know and makes an off hand statement and suddenly we aren't transparent? If something was said then Knight, who was it, when was it said, to whom, etc. Peter Illfield and David Niu are the only ones who really know what is happening in the dealings, the rest of us aren't in the room so leave it that way. When both leagues have something to report it will come out. Until then all your conjecture and stirring the pot helps neither side.

The USARL guys on this forum are the only ones out there with our names on our profiles and answering questions. If you know everything Mr. Knight tell us who you are and maybe we would take you seriously, because if you aren't Matt Astill or Bob Balachandran, I doubt you know much at all except what others want you to spread around. Quit trying to disrupt things and stay out of what you aren't privy to.

We are both focusing on our competitions and things will work out in due time. It took a long time to get where we are, it will take some time to get back if it is meant to be.

Until then if you are near Phila, get out to see the Fight and Rebellion on Saturday in person or on You Tube on Sunday AM. All games in HD this year.

This statement was verified by GET DOWN for what it's worth. It's probably best that Nui and Illfield and whoever is working to resolve this issue, withhold much of the dealings in their negotiations until a final decision has been made. No sense in releasing information or facts that may lose validity or change as these parties work towards a final decision. And most importantly, this forum wouldn't be any fun with out people going back and forth with rumors and ideas that are very loosely based on the facts or made up altogether.