What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 AMNRL Schedule

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
I just checked out the 2012 AMNRL schedule at "We Are Rugby" and noticed that the Fairfield County Crocs are not included. Can anyone shed any light on their absence?

pennpool

Juniors
As discussed in another topic. It was always going to be interesting to see where the player pool would come from in an already saturated area. It seems there just wasn't enough players up there interested.

welshmagpie

Juniors
Is it me or is the whole domestic side of the AMNRL being overshadowed by World Cup preparations? Surely the Ireland and Tonga games should have come off of the back of 3/4 solid rounds of domestic footy where the best domestic talent from the East and Hawaii is on show for the respective games.

welshmagpie

Juniors
Ok maybe I spoke a bit too soon, yet my point on the internationals still stands.

2012 Domestic Press release http://www.amnrl.com/news/amnrl-season-xv-0

"Currently the AMNRL is in discussions with Canada Rugby League about a potential North American Challenge between the champion club teams from each country. That game, if it goes ahead, has been penciled in for August 25."

Do a USARL team want a go in this proposed tournament?

"At the conclusion of the domestic season, the USA Tomahawks resume their buildup to the 2013 Rugby League World Cup with a two-game series against Canada for the Colonial Cup."

Anybody know if the Tomahawks will play any other games end of year?

Atlantic Conference 2012 schedule:

Saturday, June 2
Sharks @ Raiders
Knights @ NOVA
Bulls @ Cats

Saturday June 9
Knights @ Cats
Raiders @ Sharks
NOVA @ Bulls

Saturday June 16
Bulls @ Knights
NOVA @ Sharks
Raiders @ Cats

Saturday June 23
Cats @ NOVA
Knights @ Sharks
Bulls @ Raiders

Saturday June 30
Cats @ Knights (Friday, June 29)
Sharks @ Bulls
Raiders @ NOVA

Saturday July 7
BYE Week

Saturday July 14
Sharks @ NOVA
Raiders @ Knights
Cats @ Bulls

Saturday July 21
OPEN WEEK - make up games / USA B @ Canada B

Saturday July 28 (War at Shore)
Sharks vs Cats
Raiders vs Bulls
Knights vs NOVA

Aug 4 (Round 1 Playoff)
TBA

Aug 11 (Round 2 Playoffs)
TBA

Aug 18
AMNRL GRAND FINAL at TBA

No Fairfield County Crocs then or no Atlanta Legion

deal.with.it

Juniors
From the AMNRL Facebook page:
Breaking News: Aston Bulls to be renamed Pennsylvania Bulls and announce that Apple Pope, Kenny Britt & Akarika Dawn will play for them in 2012! They will suit up for season opener on June 2 v CT Wildcats. The Bulls are back!

So lets just piece a few things together.
First, the Atlanta Legion were created, with a USA Eagles RU player (Phil Thiel) going to cross over, and a past Tomahawks player (Selasi Tongamoa) going to captain the team. They picked out a stadium and everything. And they even named the fella who was going to run it (Rod Seddan).

Secondly, the Fairfield crocs were named. With Damien O'malveney and Ben Kelly running the team. This enabled them to play for the tomahawks. They were also to run the AMNRL's youth development and Ben Kelly's Crossfit gym to become the AMNRL's high performance centre.
The crocs had also signed Akarika Dawn.

Now, the schedule has been announced, no crocs or legion, and now after the schedule is announced less than two weeks out, the Bulls are changing their brand. Signing three new players who don't live anywhere near Philly, and are excited by this?

Call me crazy, but i think the AMNRL is a lil bit crazy.

clarency

Juniors
You mean the AMNRL president, David Niu, is stacking his own personal team with the best players?!?!?!?

It's unheard of!!!

Fatwing15

Juniors
I'd like too see a 4 team round robbin, USA 9's or war at the shore would be a good venue. Have the emerging teams play a real set game to show the rest of the league they are ready to take the step into a real comp. The Blues, The Titans and Crocs and The Legion would play in it this year. With success they would be allowed into the league the following year.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Looks like there will be some big games this year between CT, Knights and Bulls.

Bulls should be build on last year as they were probably Jacksonvilles best players in the last few years.

I hear the Knights as usual have a couple of good players coming over. This is good news.

clarency

Juniors
One rugby league team building by actively trying to dismantle another rugby league team is not good news.

Fatwing15

Juniors
Looks like there will be some big games this year between CT, Knights and Bulls.

Bulls should be build on last year as they were probably Jacksonvilles best players in the last few years.

I hear the Knights as usual have a couple of good players coming over. This is good news.

Does any team have a prayer with out bringing over some imports?

deluded pom?

Coach

What about the games between these three and the rest of the league? Wouldn't it be better if Pope, Dawn and Britt had gone to the Raiders? Or would that mean the Raiders would probably finish above the Bulls? I thought Dawn was supposed to be joining Atlanta in 2012?

Quiet as usual? What would you like for the Sharks to say? I find it odd that by keeping quiet as a club we catch more flack than getting involved in all the pissing matches that go on in here. What you you like an opinion on?

joshreading

Staff member
@Get Down or Lay Down - serious question.

Not judging the possibility of gain in the Grand Prix Group merger but were you as a club involved or consulted as to the ownership of the AMNRL?

Tatham (Grand Prix) said it took 2 - 3 days from start to finish to organise the merger. It seems to be way too fast to create any serious discussion.

mother rucker

Juniors

So, saying that these 3 players were some of the best that Jacksonville had. Would it be safe to say that they were coerced into leaving the USARL Jacksonville Axemen. SO that they could once again play for the AMNRL USA Tomahawks? Say it aint so!

Last edited:

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Don't know the details, but they probably want to play in the best competition with a chance to play Melbourne and then World Cup. I would guess anyone who wants to play in the official league would have that opportunity.

The Sharks and the Raiders were probably stronger than the Bulls last year and they are getting stronger so it makes sense to go to the Bulls.

All I can comment on is what the Knights guys tell me and they are excited for a pretty good competition this year.

mother rucker

Juniors
Don't know the details, but they probably want to play in the best competition with a chance to play Melbourne and then World Cup. I would guess anyone who wants to play in the official league would have that opportunity.

The Sharks and the Raiders were probably stronger than the Bulls last year and they are getting stronger so it makes sense to go to the Bulls.

All I can comment on is what the Knights guys tell me and they are excited for a pretty good competition this year.

One would say that the USARL having New Haven, Philly Fight, Jacksonville, And DC Slayers would be the better comp.
Shame that the players on those teams can't play for the USA team against the Storm or in the RLWC.
But I see that NFL players and Hawaiian rugby union players would suit the USA RL National team better.
It will be interesting to see how well the Bulls go in the comp with the addition of the Jacksonville Axemen players on their squad. Is their word of any more USARL top level players defecting?

Last edited:
What i got from this whole merger or whatevert you want to call it, GP has partnered with the "brand" AMNRL. The teams involved cant be owned because we are all a private LLC's(limited liability corporations). I think this whole thing is more to start a professional Comp with little to do with the teams that exist now in the AMNRL. There was talk about this throughout the league for a while before it happen, we were just waiting for where and when.