What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

joshie

Live Update Team
I can tell hahah!

I am hoping for some upsets in this tournament, i am sick of seeing the same winners. maybe tomic to win, and then see the hottest tennis player Ana Ivonavich play Wosniacki in the final and win! not only is that great to watch for beauty, but for tennis as well haha

joshie

Live Update Team
the next match ill be watching is young american Ryan Harrison (0-2 at aus open) versus Andy 'The Twat' Murray (18-6 at aus open)

I expect a 3 set match, but would like to see a massive upset!

Bulldog Force

Referee
I can tell hahah!

I am hoping for some upsets in this tournament, i am sick of seeing the same winners. maybe tomic to win, and then see the hottest tennis player Ana Ivonavich play Wosniacki in the final and win! not only is that great to watch for beauty, but for tennis as well haha
Yeah I'd like to see Ana win one as well. I remember she was world #1 about 5-6 years ago... she just hasn't been the same dominant player since. I'm pretty eeked off that Andrea Petkovic pulled out :(

My goodness there are some real hotties running around out there :D

joshie

Live Update Team
oh your not wrong about that! so many gorgeous women to watch!

even if they are a butter face (but her face) they normally have great bodies haha

anyway, yeah Ana has lost it a little bit but id love to see her regain form. i wonder what her deal is?

Bulldog Force

Referee
the next match ill be watching is young american Ryan Harrison (0-2 at aus open) versus Andy 'The Twat' Murray (18-6 at aus open)

I expect a 3 set match, but would like to see a massive upset!
Oh yeah... I heard about that. I wouldn't mind an upset either, but there's a potential 2nd round meeting between Roddick and Hewitt. Heaven help the umpire when 2 temper-brats collide :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
oh your not wrong about that! so many gorgeous women to watch!

even if they are a butter face (but her face) they normally have great bodies haha

anyway, yeah Ana has lost it a little bit but id love to see her regain form. i wonder what her deal is?
Well she hasn't been the same since she started dating Aussie golfer Adam Scott! Maybe it's got something to do with her mind not being totally on the job or something. I don't think Adidas will be very happy with this. They've given her lifetime sponsorship, meaning they'll supply all her gear up until she retires, then give her an Adidas Tennis Ambassador job. Not bad for someone who's never won a grand slam...

joshie

Live Update Team
Well she hasn't been the same since she started dating Aussie golfer Adam Scott! Maybe it's got something to do with her mind not being totally on the job or something. I don't think Adidas will be very happy with this. They've given her lifetime sponsorship, meaning they'll supply all her gear up until she retires, then give her an Adidas Tennis Ambassador job. Not bad for someone who's never won a grand slam...

theres much better aussies to date - me.

and wow, thats a pretty decent effort. I think she will probably improve this year but not sure if she will ever win a grand slam. i am hoping she does though

Bulldog Force

Referee
The babes aren't done yet. Aussie Sam's up now, but she's not the babe I'm referring to. I'm talking about her opponent, 21 year old Romanian, Sorina Cirstea.

sorana-cirstea-ordina-open-2009-pic10.jpg

joshie

Live Update Team
Bit of a surprise as Harrison goes 3-2 in the first set over Murray

hes playing very well but whether or not he can maintain it is yet to be seen! this is where experience may come in! and it is also a very hot day, so i hope Harrison's youth MAY keep him going longer and better

Bulldog Force

Referee
Bit of a surprise as Harrison goes 3-2 in the first set over Murray

hes playing very well but whether or not he can maintain it is yet to be seen! this is where experience may come in! and it is also a very hot day, so i hope Harrison's youth MAY keep him going longer and better
Yeah that's the thing. Last night Alex Kudryavtsev pushed the FedEx to the limit in the first set, and just lost 5-7 after dropping his only server of the match towards the end of the set. He had a powerful serve on him too. Then the experience came into play and Federer breezed through the next 2 sets 6-2, 6-2. I will admit though that Kudryavtsev did have a medical timeout at the beginning of the 2nd set, but he didn't look injured at all. Time and patience are a virtue in tennis. Too many youngsters lose their morale when they lose long sets and long individual games.

joshie

Live Update Team
with that being said, Harrison is playing brilliant tennis. he is not losing his cool and this 19 year old is starting to scare our fourth seed a bit here.

not to mention Harrison's average serve speed is at 176km/h right now, its insane.

and the score, well,

5-2!!!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Alexandra Dulgheru (my gosh how many people named Alex~ have played today lol) is another Romanian in action today, against another Russian, and she (Alex) is pushing the world #7 to the limit today. Currently 6-6 in the first.

Aussie Sam trailing Sorana Cirstea, the other Romanian, 5-6, also in the first set.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Stosur and Cirstea goes to a tie breaker. 6-6.

Harrison's starting to sound and look a bit more convincing. Let's see if he can keep it up. Murray nabs a game back... 5-3 now.

joshie

Live Update Team
and in other matches Marinko Matosevic is playing off in a tie break in the first set vs. Gael Monfils
James Duckworth is belting Jurgen Zopp 6-3, 6-4, 3-2

joshie

Live Update Team
Murray making a bit of a comeback here at 4-5 in the first set.

Harrison to serve for the set.