What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Dally M Awards Thread - live FOX 8:30pm

Who will win the Dally M in 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Can't believe they didn't show Croker receiving his award. f**king pathetic.

And Fensom not being nominated? Ridiculous. I didn't expect him to win, but seriously, Michael Crocker nominated ahead of him?

Cryptic

Juniors
The whole Dally M's were setup poorly... Not showing the award for top try scorer was a joke and WTF did they, 1) have the NSW Premier even there? 2) Have him stand up there for two awards at random, then disappear? 3) Run overtime on their own f**king channel and hence f**k up their own IQ record setup...

axl rose

Bench
Headline of the year award? what a joke. The turncoat award in honour of the Frilingos shift on radio from pro ARL to News Ltd lackey, in the space of 30 minutes after lunch with Frykberg would be much more appropriate.

Lewis wins it with a little help from Gould saying he wants all Penrith juniors to aspire to be Luke Lewis. Nice one Gus.

aqua_duck

Coach
Tamou - 150.7m/game
Woods 138.8m/game
Scott 137.25m/game
Matulino 126.5m/game
Kasiano 97m/game
McGuire 99.7m/game
Goes to show a few good games against subpar teams is all you need to win prop of the year. Serious 97m per game is sub par for a prop

RWB

Bench
1) How did Nate Myles manage to win second rower of the year despite only having played there 6 times during the season (half as many times as he played in the front row)?

2) How did Glenn Stewart get nominated for lock of the year when it's clear to anyone with even the most basic understanding of the game that he plays on the right fringe as a second rower for the Sea Eagles EVERY WEEK despite wearing the 13 jersey?

3) Who's the idiot who came up with these conclusions?

It's as if News Ltd needed to further reinforce the fact that their journalists know shit all about Rugby League by hiring out a large theater and announce it on live television. They're an embarrassment to the game.

God I hope the rumours about this being the last Dally M medal's ever are true.

Call me petty if you will but I dream for the day when we celebrate Rugby League and the individual performances through out the season with a bunch of Rugby League educated people.

skeepe

Immortal
Im shocked they ran overtime, they couldnt get players to string two words together

Perhaps that's why they didn't show Croker's award - he's extremely well-spoken, particularly compared to the other guys they interviewed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For some reason top tryscorer (Graham & Barba), and top pointscorer (Croker) never made it to air.

Feel sorry for Graham in particular who'd made the effort to be available for the live cross.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
- Nate Myles winning was puzzling.

- Glenn Stewart was nominated as lock because he played as lock. I think you answered your own question.

- Journalists.

4... there's already a Dally M thread ;-)

Garts

Bench
Goes to show a few good games against subpar teams is all you need to win prop of the year. Serious 97m per game is sub par for a prop

I would also like to see the avg minutes played. I suspect Kasiano would be less as he does not look as fit as Woods, Scott, Tamou etc. He looks like he has been given George Rose's guide to eating.

Talanexor

Juniors
So Tamou has a breakout season where he plays for NSW and Australia, and tops the metres gained stat for front rowers convincingly.

Including making more than 50% more metres than Kasiano, who made no rep sides and isn't even the best prop at his club.

But none of that matters because Joey Johns wanks himself stupid over a prop who plays like a halfback...

No Joey. He plays like a prop who is too much of a little b*tch to take the line on himself.

ek999

First Grade
1. Although he started at prop most matches, he played a lot of minutes wider out as a second rower so I don't think it was that bad a choice.

2. Glenn Stewart is a lock. Should Paul Gallen not get nominated when he plays a lot of the time like a front rower?

3. From NRL.com: The 2012 Dally M Medal judges were Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander and Gary Belcher (Fox Sports), Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler and Wally Lewis (Channel 9), Daryl Halligan (Sky NZ) and Dean Ritchie, Josh Massoud, Andrew Webster, Nick Walshaw, Paul Crawley, Christian Nicolussi and Barry Toohey (The Daily Telegraph)

4. There could be plenty of debate over several positions. For prop of the year, plenty have said Tamou was robbed, plenty have said Woods was robbed, others have said Graham was robbed. Same goes for Winger, Centre, Second Row

5. The biggest stuff up is that Peter Wallace and Mitchell Pearce were in the top 10

Bumble

First Grade
Not gonna read the thread because no doubt it's a load of whingeing.

My thoughts

- Kasiano surprising. Woods, Graham or Tamou all should've been in there ahead of him IMO.
- Dogs deserved the "bluewash" this year. Far more than in 2009, when I think both the Dragons and Storm were shortchanged.
- Well done Benny Barba.
- Unlucky Souths, probably best headline moment IMO, that last minute win over the Roosters.

A surprisingly accurate summation from a Doggies fan. Had no problem with Barba scooping all those awards, was a bit surprised Hindy wasn't even nominated for the people's award though!

I also thought Lyon was by far the best center. Morris was pretty good though.

Doga

Juniors
So Kasiano wins an award and has become the most hated man in Rugby League?

I don't think he is the prop of the year. His impact is far greater than those 90 odd meters though. I don't think there is a prop in the game who has had as much involvement with try scoring plays as the big fella.

Using one stat to define a player is simply stupid

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Kasiano shouldn't have even been invited he is that overrated. You know it's a bad year when perennial duds like Barba, Morris and Hasler are getting awards :lol: