What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 14-4 Bulldogs @ ANZ

2012 TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP - WINNERS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ulysseus

Bench
So will tools like RugbyHighlights be intending to try and f**k the GF thread this year with incomprehensible crap?

LOL i though Miller was going to smash the f**king thing

seriously, why do we bother with speeches from these kids? What hope do we have to get a coherent sentence? Scrap it i say. Cornish and Miller are both good players, but public speaking is not their go.

Just get the coach to do it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
p1ss of Ch9 news. :x

Thats why I want Sunday alvo Grand finals back.

I hope we dont miss the bit with the players retiring.

jonno_knights

Juniors
LOL i though Miller was going to smash the f**king thing

seriously, why do we bother with speeches from these kids? What hope do we have to get a coherent sentence? Scrap it i say. Cornish and Miller are both good players, but public speaking is not their go.

Didnt see the speeches, but look at their ages! This would have been the biggest crowd they've ever spoke in front of. At to that they have just finished the biggest game of their lives, and are emotional/exhausted. But you are probably right, it isnt their strong suit. It wouldnt be 95% of footy players strong point.

Public speaking takes a lot of time to perfect, not many people are naturals.

You just have too look at the dramatic improvements in some of the ex-players who have gone into the media. At the start they were beyond a joke, however its taken them a few years to get slightly above passable. Still a long way to go for the likes of Johns, Fittler etc. but you cant deny they have had a dramatic improvement in the last 3-4 years.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Didnt see the speeches, but look at their ages! This would have been the biggest crowd they've ever spoke in front of. At to that they have just finished the biggest game of their lives, and are emotional/exhausted.

Public speaking takes a lot of time to perfect, not many people are naturals.

You just have too look at the dramatic improvements in some of the ex-players who have gone into the media. At the start they were beyond a joke, however its taken them a few years to get slightly above passable. Still a long way to go for the likes of Johns, Fittler etc. but you cant deny they have had a dramatic improvement in the last 3-4 years.

Dont get me wrong, im not having a shot at them
i just think given the situation, its a pointless exercise. These are at best 20 year old kids, who have just played the biggest game of their career and are either overcome with excitement for winning a GF, or gutted to have just lost one, speaking in front of a huge crowd...
its a horrible spot to put them in, especially with minimal media training
to me i think the U20's speeches is just a little bit embarrassing, i agree with the poster previous, just get the coaches to do it. Let the kids be kids and enjoy it without forcing them to sound like arseclowns

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
I propose life bans for any account that posts in a manner unfitting of the day.

Exhibit A
Well my propoganda is good propoganda mate. I'm all about peace, love and Democracy. I feel sorry for you if the message went over your heads.

And I didn't criticise the NRL for using soldiers to glorify the GF. I criticised them for using soldiers to glorify and illegal war. A war that should be without glory.

And this went on during half time mate. Not my fault if some sooking bigots caught feelings, wanted to throw on a KKK hoody and e-lynch me.