What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't the sponsor spaces determined by the NRL? Therefore every sponsor logo should be the same size. It just looks big because it's so bold.

grouch

First Grade
And it's a small word enlarged to fit the space. It's probably smaller than the cat's anus on the Souths jersey

Here is another photo of the Panthers jersey, this time being worn. Sponsor intergration is fantastic!
00016456-image.jpg

Bloody miserable bastards the pair of them... :(

hrundi99

First Grade
Smiling releases endorphins and creates positive energy.

The sponsor logo does have to fit within size and area restrictions.

Cudo should be a bit smaller so you don't only see part of the word at any given time. I reckon the jerseys will look different come Round 1.

beagle

Juniors
Regarding earlier discussions re: The Telstra Premiership logo and is it changing or not, this is the official response from the NRL:

"All jerseys worn by players and retail versions will contain the Telstra Premiership logo from the 2011 season and not the new 2012 season. The reason for this was that we were too far down the production line when Telstra advised of brand change to alter retail program for 2012 season and based on this, a decision was made that all jerseys (including players) were to remain unchanged."

Danish

Referee
Whats with all the kudos for how "integrated" the panthers sponsors are??

They have just stuck the company logos in their original colours onto the jersey in the biggest size possible. They are the opposite of integrated as far as I can see, just that Panthers can get away with it given they have essentially a plain black strip.

Even so, great looking jersey and the red of the Oak gives off hints of the old licorice all sorts jersey IMO. If the Cudo logo were yellow it would look even better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fair enough. They still could've organised a patch IMO, but at the end of the day that would probly come across a bit tacky.

Looks like 2013 onward it will be... and who knows, Telstra may no longer be the naming rights holders.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I have vented about this before, but i despise jerseys that have the sponsors shoved up close to the top of the jersey, i.e Penrith and Oak. It looks much better in the centre of the jersey, especially when its in size million letters.

Opinions?

Does anyone else think the Penrith logo looks a bit tacky now? Could be the time for an update with all the changes going on at the moment.

roofromoz

First Grade
Does anyone else think the Penrith logo looks a bit tacky now? Could be the time for an update with all the changes going on at the moment.

I don't mind the current one, but I would love to see a return of the leaping panther. It has become an increasingly common feature on merchandise in recent years as well as with the membership (such as the members car sticker this year). Maybe it's paving the way for a return to it.

I have vented about this before, but i despise jerseys that have the sponsors shoved up close to the top of the jersey, i.e Penrith and Oak. It looks much better in the centre of the jersey, especially when its in size million letters.

Opinions?

Yeah, it looks kinda tacky imo. The Oak logo is far too big plus it could do with an updated design. Apart from that, it's a nice jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts