What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Everytime i see the tigers current jerseys in here, I want to bash my head on the computer keyboard. Whoever signs off on these things needs to be slapped stupid. They have the potential to have the best lookig kits in the league but every year they f**k it up royally.

docbrown

Coach
Tigers should just have two jerseys - Orange with a black & white V and then a black jersey with an Orange & white V.

Use the Orange one at Leichardt etc, use the Black one at Campbelltown. Use the black one when they play away Western Sydney teams (except Panthers), use the orange one when they play away Inner sydney teams, other games mix between the two as required.

Honestly - yes other teams might clash with a black jersey but no other team will clash with both an Orange and a Black jersey.

The tigers should just abandon the whole "home/away" jersey concept and do their own thing.

docbrown

Coach
Dragons could do similar. Keep the Red V for Kogarah and Sydney clubs. Use a Red jersey with a white V for Wollongong and other clubs, except when there's a clash. No other clubs will clash with both red and white.

Saint Doc

Coach
Dragons could do similar. Keep the Red V for Kogarah and Sydney clubs. Use a Red jersey with a white V for Wollongong and other clubs, except when there's a clash. No other clubs will clash with both red and white.

The name, logo and red V were non negotiable terms of the joint venture.

I hate that we wear the red jersey more than once a year at home- I think a steelers heritage match and as a clash jersey are what the red jersey should be used for.

Why dilute arguably the most famous, well recognised jersey in the sport?

docbrown

Coach
The name, logo and red V were non negotiable terms of the joint venture.

I hate that we wear the red jersey more than once a year at home- I think a steelers heritage match and as a clash jersey are what the red jersey should be used for.

Why dilute arguably the most famous, well recognised jersey in the sport?

If you have the same 2 jerseys and wear them for the same number of matches then how is that diluting them?

If you have the same 2 jerseys and wear them for the same number of matches then how is that diluting them?

Because you are sacrificing the main strip for more of the alternate strip. At the moment, we wear the alternate for games vs Canberra + Illawarra RL heritage week in Wollongong, and the occasional game at WIN Stadium. Other than the official Heritage Round, we wear the Red V. So out of 24 games excluding finals + byes, we wear alternate strips about 5 times. You are saying to wear the alternate 12 times. Hence you dilute the Red V in favour of an alternate strip, in your case the Charity Shield jumper as opposed to the "Steelers" jumper.

Canard

Immortal
Still $150 for a jersey that isn't worn by the team in games.

I can't believe that the extra cost is due to material used.

Status
Not open for further replies.